www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
 Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

1m3 how much brick required

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmadhu12
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: 1m3 how much brick required Reply with quote

Dear sir,

Please send me the 1m3 how much brick required and how much moter thickner required as per iso
es_jayakumar
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rate analysis for brick  work in CM 1:6 as per CPWD DAR is enclosed. From that you can find out the details of quantities of its components for 1 cum.

E S Jayakumar

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.
Brick Work.xls
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Brick Work.xls
 Filesize:  100 KB
 Downloaded:  1103 Time(s)

shankar_sanni

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sefian,

You can refer Estimation and Costing book by
i) B. N. Dutta
ii) Chakraborty
iii) Rangwala
naga
Progressive Member
Progressive Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: 1m3 how much brick required Reply with quote

hi,
one m3 of brick work =500 nos. you can cross check each brick volume. you will get answer.
regards

bmadhu12 wrote:
Dear sir,

Please send me the 1m3 how much brick required and how much moter thickner required as per iso
spsvasan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sefian

The number of bricks per cubic metre of brickwork depends upon the brick size. Some of the specifications are based on modular bricks (190mm x 90mm x 90mm) which are not normally available.

In my place, the Chamber burnt bricks are 75mm thick, whereas kiln burnt bricks are 65mm thick.

The number of bricks should be worked out using the size of bricks to be adopted in the construction

Regards
S.P.Srinivasan
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spsvasan wrote:
Dear Sefian

The number of bricks per cubic metre of brickwork depends upon the brick size. Some of the specifications are based on modular bricks (190mm x 90mm x 90mm) which are not normally available.

In my place, the Chamber burnt bricks are 75mm thick, whereas kiln burnt bricks are 65mm thick.

The number of bricks should be worked out using the size of bricks to be adopted in the construction

Regards
S.P.Srinivasan

Dear Er SPS,

What is the difference between Chamber and Kiln. We used to get wire cut bricks which strictly follow IS 1077. They also had higher compressive strength. Are the present day kiln burnt bricks uniform in strength? What is the maximum strength you get with these bricks?

Regards,
Subramanian
spsvasan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Dr.NS,

I guess I talked through my hat.

All bricks are fired in a kiln?, I suppose.

What I meant by Kiln burnt bricks is as follows: The bricks are stacked, fired, cooled, collected and sold. The next batch is stacked,  and the next cycle proceeds. The process is discontinuous. In these bricks, which we call as "country bricks", there are quite a few over-burnt and under-burnt bricks also. If these are removed, the balance bricks have a strength of about 5 kg/sqcm. The shape is not very uniform. Thickness is usually only about 65mm. Mortar consumption is high. Wastage is also high.

In chamber bricks, there are a few chambers formed in a circular pattern. The raw bricks are loaded and stacked in one chamber. In the next chamber, the stacked bricks get pre-heated. In the next chamber firing is done. In the next chamber the bricks get cooled. The cooled bricks are removed from the next chamber. The whole operation shifts by one chamber in the next step. The process is more or less continuous. These  bricks are more uniform in their properties.  These bricks are about 75mm thick. Mortar consumption is lower and wastage is lesser. The strength again is about 5 kg/sqcm only.

Regards
S.P.Srinivasan
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Er SPS,

Thanks for the quick reply. Are you not getting wire cut bricks? Or the bricks you mention as Chamber bricks are similar to wire cut bricks?

Regards,
NS
spsvasan wrote:
Dear Dr.NS,

I guess I talked through my hat.

All bricks are fired in a kiln?, I suppose.

What I meant by Kiln burnt bricks is as follows: The bricks are stacked, fired, cooled, collected and sold. The next batch is stacked,  and the next cycle proceeds. The process is discontinuous. In these bricks, which we call as "country bricks", there are quite a few over-burnt and under-burnt bricks also. If these are removed, the balance bricks have a strength of about 5 kg/sqcm. The shape is not very uniform. Thickness is usually only about 65mm. Mortar consumption is high. Wastage is also high.

In chamber bricks, there are a few chambers formed in a circular pattern. The raw bricks are loaded and stacked in one chamber. In the next chamber, the stacked bricks get pre-heated. In the next chamber firing is done. In the next chamber the bricks get cooled. The cooled bricks are removed from the next chamber. The whole operation shifts by one chamber in the next step. The process is more or less continuous. These  bricks are more uniform in their properties.  These bricks are about 75mm thick. Mortar consumption is lower and wastage is lesser. The strength again is about 5 kg/sqcm only.

Regards
S.P.Srinivasan
spsvasan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Dr.NS

Only two agencies are manufacturing wire-cut bricks near my place. I used them once in my project long time back. Their shape is more uniform and much better than Chamber brick shape. The strength, if I remember correct, was about 7 N/sqmm.

By the by, the strength of the local bricks here is 5 N/sqmm and not 5 kg/sqcm (as mentioned wrongly in my earlier posting).

Regards
S.P.Srinivasan
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Er SPS!

Warm regards,
NS
spsvasan wrote:
Dear Dr.NS

Only two agencies are manufacturing wire-cut bricks near my place. I used them once in my project long time back. Their shape is more uniform and much better than Chamber brick shape. The strength, if I remember correct, was about 7 N/sqmm.

By the by, the strength of the local bricks here is 5 N/sqmm and not 5 kg/sqcm (as mentioned wrongly in my earlier posting).

Regards
S.P.Srinivasan
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Translation:  

Jump to: