www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

SEFI - Thoughts for the first anniversary

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Past Discussions Year 2004
View previous topic :: View next topic  
er_spsvasan
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: SEFI - Thoughts for the first anniversary Reply with quote

Hello Everybody,

I think SEFI is doing fine and should continue on the same lines.

I am willing to become a paying member of SEFI or to make voluntary contribution to SEFI as per the decision taken by the administrators.

I prefer that we should start with voluntary contributions only, so that the students and young engineers do not have a financial burden (however light it might be). I agree that times are changing and the days of subsidy are over. But, as an old-timer, I still feel that the Indian family system is much superior to the materialism of the developed countries. Hence I feel that in the SEFI family, the elders and the more affluent should subsidise the expenses of youth. If voluntary contribution does not work well in practice, we can always switch over to membership fee system.

I think SEFI should be independent and should not go after sponsorships from construction giants. However, we may invite ads for our website.

Regards

S.P.Srinivasan

Posted via Email
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Past Discussions Year 2004 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: