www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Pledge for Structural Engineers

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abhy_vivek
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Pledge for Structural Engineers Reply with quote

* I the 'Structural Engineer' pledge that I will be committed to the ethics of this Nobel profession of Structural / Civil Engineering.

* I promise that I will never dilute the established principles in Engineering Profession or compromise with the accuracy, safety during my practice or after practice.

* I will always be bound to act for the growth of the Profession, in terms of knowledge, skills and respect amongst the society.

* I will always ensure that, I will impart correct Information and Training to the the new entrants to the profession and groom them to create assets for the Profession in forthcoming period of their life.

* While practicing the profession, I will always try to protect the Environment & Nature from getting depleted due to any harmful Design / Construction activities.

* As an responsible engineer and citizen, I, the STRUCTURAL Engineer, who is basically Civil Engineer will be Vigil while working in Society and will not hesitate to resist or protest against any faulty rules / customs and practices set at various authorities, if so.

* I will always contribute (directly/indirectly) in valuable literature in the profession in the form of the articles, books, booklets, lecture reports, presentatons, association with academics and all such accepted constructive ways.

* I will always keep myself aware about the current affairs and the latest developments in the profession

* It will be my responsibility to choose and further encourage correct / capable human recourses entering into this profession. I promise that I will not compromise on any attribute, quality of the new entrant by giving consideration to emotions or any other aspects.

* I will always Conduct and encourage others to Conduct research, testing activities, to explore new areas of improvement of existing Technologies in the field without damaging or causing any trouble to the environment / nature or to the society.

* I promise that I will never yield in front of any forces that will cause harm to the Professional and general ethics; I also promise that I will resist and report all such forces to the concerned authority / authorities.

* I will exert for improvement relations between Structural Engineering and other Professions; smooth data transfer and for the complete Harmony.

* Thus I will fully render myself at the service to the Profession for its continuous upliftment & increasing its need amongst the Society.

MANOJ MITTAL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Pledge for Structural Engineers Reply with quote

Very well drafted.
Each one of us must follow it.
regards,

MANOJ KUMAR MITTAL
BE,MSc,MS,CEng(I),MIE,FIAStructE,FIV
A-64, Sector-35, NOIDA-201307
09810039081 , 0120-2504381
manoj_shelter@yahoo.com (manoj_shelter@yahoo.com)
http://www.structures-india.com
Follow me on http://twitter.com/manoj_mittal

SHELTER CONSULTING ENGINEERS
*Structural Design & Retofitting * Construction Project Management * Green Buildings * Valuation *  

--- On Wed, 27/1/10, abhy_vivek <forum@sefindia.org> wrote:
Quote:

Subject: [SEFI] Pledge for Structural Engineers
To: general@sefindia.org
Date: Wednesday, 27 January, 2010, 9:05 PM

* I the 'Structural Engineer' pledge that I will be committed to the ethics of this Nobel profession of Structural / Civil Engineering.

* I promise that I will never dilute the established principles in Engineering Profession or compromise with the accuracy, safety during my practice or after practice.

* I will always be bound to act for the growth of the Profession, in terms of knowledge, skills and respect amongst the society.

* I will always ensure that, I will impart correct Information and Training to the the new entrants to the profession and groom them to create assets for the Profession in forthcoming period of their life.

* While practicing the profession, I will always try to protect the Environment & Nature from getting depleted due to any harmful Design / Construction activities.

* As an responsible engineer and citizen, I, the STRUCTURAL Engineer, who is basically Civil Engineer will be Vigil while working in Society and will not hesitate to resist or protest against any faulty rules / customs and practices set at various authorities, if so.

* I will always contribute (directly/indirectly) in valuable literature in the profession in the form of the articles, books, booklets, lecture reports, presentatons, association with academics and all such accepted constructive ways.

* I will always keep myself aware about the current affairs and the latest developments in the profession

* It will be my responsibility to choose and further encourage correct / capable human recourses entering into this profession. I promise that I will not compromise on any attribute, quality of the new entrant by giving consideration to emotions or any other aspects.

* I will always Conduct and encourage others to Conduct research, testing activities, to explore new areas of improvement of existing Technologies in the field without damaging or causing any trouble to the environment / nature or to the society.

* I promise that I will never yield in front of any forces that will cause harm to the Professional and general ethics; I also promise that I will resist and report all such forces to the concerned authority / authorities.

* I will exert for improvement relations between Structural Engineering and other Professions; smooth data transfer and for the complete Harmony.

* Thus I will fully render myself at the service to the Profession for its continuous upliftment & increasing its need amongst the Society.

Your Mail works best with the New Yahoo Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!.

Posted via Email
suraj
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: t To Support the cause of pledge Reply with quote

Just To Support the cause of pledge
File may be read.

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.
Codes of Ethics PE.doc
 Description:
IEI Code Of Ethics

Download
 Filename:  Codes of Ethics PE.doc
 Filesize:  33 KB
 Downloaded:  303 Time(s)

suraj
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Communication of Engineering Knowledge & Awareness Reply with quote

Communication of Engineering Knowledge & Awareness
There lies an essentical need to educate the general public particularly in Bharat about the drawable benefits by making use of civil engineering services.

Civil engineers in capacity as construction leaders & design creators are not well known by the common citizens in Bharat. It is also a part of professional ethique to educate the people about the role of a civil engineers conducted behind the site fences. Architect term is only well understood by the people & engineer term is understood by all as government employed engineers. Very few know about consultants.

Structural engineer term is now understood to some extent by educated community but, others do not know anything about civil engineer. For them Chief engineer to Assistant engineers are understood as engineers.
All civil engineers are code of ethics bound to have a knowledge transfer to the common person about the requirement of civil engineers for a better product & satisfying quality. It is regretful to state that the higher authorities in all sectors do not know well about this profession.

It is not an issue about legislation alone but, existing lack of information to general public. It is also regretful to state that of 6000 members on this forum, how many have started educating the general public???

Working Non linear analysis is fine but non linear education to public is also one of very significant issues that has been missed for long & still it is being missed.

Builders & contractors are considered crooks & on top of these, engineers are the well designed columns of crooks in the eyes of general public. Engineers are code of ethic bound to establish a positive image of the profession otherwise, there is no meaning in doing lot of research on analysis & designs until, people do have a serious understanding about its significance.

Clients should have a must desire as a requirement to talk to engineer prior to commence any construction in addition to have talked to an architect. That situation is required to be generated by the engineers for implementing all code of ethics.
Regards

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: