www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

pipe rack with a steel platform

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMIT DUTT
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: pipe rack with a steel platform Reply with quote

Dear SEFI members ,
I am designing a  steel pipe rack that is in continuation with an existing pipe rack. . Now I have to hang a  rectangular shaped operating platform (500kg/m2 live load) from the longitudinal tie beam & main framing beam.
The operating platform Top of grating is 500mm below the longitudinal & the main framing beams . Is it advisable to hang the platform from the pipe rack ?
The pipe rack is of a  small height of 2.5m only ( single tier) . Column/Frame spacing is kept at 3m (to match spacing of an existing pipe rack ) .The width of pipe rack is 2.2m only.
due to space restriction I do not want to take seperate columns for the operating platform ,it will be too close to the column of the pipe rack ( I want to avoid weird shaped combined foundation also since to present the design will  problematic

With Regards

AMIT DUTT
B.E.(CIVIL)
M.Tech.(STRUCTURES)
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: