www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

220 Kg Cement M35 Ff 6.5 wow great !

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Past Discussions Year 2004
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sidhudaljeet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: 220 Kg Cement M35 Ff 6.5 wow great ! Reply with quote

Dear Jayant Lakhlani

Please explain the specifications followed for such type of work

Is there any other specification for such type of work

Because IRC 15:2002 “Standard Specifications and Code of Practice for Construction of concrete Roads” recommends minimum 350 Kg of Cement Per Cum of Concrete.

And further your flexural strength 6.5 MPA is also far more than the established relation that is as per IS 456 F Flex =0.7 ÖF ck  and as per IRC 15  Fc=7.63Ff+2.58. I am also doing lot of work in concrete pavement work the I doubt there could be some Calculation or Testing procedure mistake. If it is not there then your work is really appreciable.

Daljeet Sidhu

---------------------------------

Posted via Email
Rabinder Shekher
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: 220 Kg Cement M35 Ff 6.5 wow great ! Reply with quote

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 sidhudaljeet@yahoo.com wrote :
Dear Jayant Lakhlani

Because IRC 15:2002 “Standard Specifications and Code of Practice for Construction of concrete Roads” recommends minimum 350 Kg of Cement Per Cum of Concrete.

And further your flexural strength 6.5 MPA is also far more than the established relation that is as per IS 456 F Flex =0.7 ÖF ck  and as per IRC 15  Fc=7.63Ff+2.58. I am also doing lot of work in concrete pavement work the I doubt there could be some Calculation or Testing procedure mistake. If it is not there then your work is really appreciable.

Daljeet Sidhu
Dear Dalgeet,
Plz refer Editorial of ICJ sept. 2004 issue, "Concrete pavements:Some key issues"The editor has clarily indicated that there is sufficient lab. and field data test reports which suggest that if blended cement is used in place of OPC or supplementary cementitious material like fly ash or ground-granulated blast furnance slag as a part replacement of OPC, both the 90 day  stength and the %age gain in the stength attained between 28 to 90 days would higher. You can also refer Rigid pavement construction technology-recent experience of Mumbai- Pune express, Workshop on concrete in urban areas ICI Mumbai 08/2003 by Kulkarni,V.R, Momin,S.S and Bongirwar P.L.
with regards
Er. Rabinder Shekher

Posted via Email
Jayant Lakhlani
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: 220 Kg Cement M35 Ff 6.5 wow great ! Reply with quote

Dear Daljeet,

The only critical specification was that for w/c ratio. We are using w/c ratio as low as 0.36 and stringent quality control is being excercised on the site to maintain the same.

Due to very low w/c ratio, superplasticiser is being used to achieve the required workability. That is all.

The standards you have mentioned are for the concrete made with OPC. And I believe that high volume fly ash concrete is not included in any of them. So, when the standards are prepared for the same, we might find the formula giving flexural strength of 6.5 Mpa for M35 grade of concrete.

What I have mentioned are the real laboratory test results for the cubes and beam specimens and not derived from any formula giving the relation between the compressive strength and flexural strength.

Regards.

-Jayant

sidhudaljeet@yahoo.com wrote:
Dear Jayant Lakhlani

And further your flexural strength 6.5 MPA is also far more than the established relation that is as per IS 456 F Flex =0.7 ÖF ck and as per IRC 15 Fc=7.63Ff+2.58. I am also doing lot of work in concrete pavement work the I doubt there could be some Calculation or Testing procedure mistake. If it is not there then your work is really appreciable.

Daljeet Sidhu

Posted via Email
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Past Discussions Year 2004 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: