www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

AMAZING FACTS

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Past Discussions Year 2004
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nycindia2000
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: AMAZING FACTS Reply with quote

Dear Fellow Engineers,

Recently I came across a wonderful but amazing experience which I would like to share with you

1. There is a place called MACHAKOS  60 km away in SE direction from Nairobi in Kenya where you can really feel/sense  the pull of the gravity by taking your car upwards on the slope of a hill without engine running. I personally have experienced it along with my family. I took a car on the slope of the hill in the upwarde direction and stopped the engine and car to a halt by applying brakes. After when it came to TOTAL STANDSTILL,  I RELEASED THE BRAKES, TO OUR SURPRISE IT AUTOMATICALLY STARTED MOVING IN UPWARDS (CLIMBING THE SLOPE) DIRECTION & IT MOVED FOR  ABOUT 30-40 METERS (IN UPWARD DIRECTION- CLIMBING UP) BELIVE ME ITS A FACT
I understand there is another place in Iran where the same phenomenon can be noticed..

2. There is a town named Nanyuki in Kenya , about 160 Kms from Nairobi in north and near Mount Kenya.. This place is on  the EQUATOR. dividing the earth in two hemispheres. On this imaginary line  we go about 25 meters in north direction and stop there. Here we take a shallow small container  filled with water and put some (2-3) straws/ sticks (small match sticks) in it. To our surprise they start swirling in clockwise direction.
Now we go 25 meters away from Equator in south direction and  repeat the  procedure, the similar phenomenon is noticed but the swirling is in anti clock wise dorection.  

These are a couple of amazing phenomenons experienced by me and I am amazed.

With warm regards
N.Y.Choudhary

What use is to speak of freedom if people are not ready to sacrifice for it.

Posted via Email
sikandarsiddiqi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: AMAZING FACTS Reply with quote

Dear Sir, > Kenya,Africa

Thank you for your excellent quality e-mail; you sent me the FIRST ONE direct.

Engr.Sikandar Hayat Siddiqi
Dhaka - Bangladesh/Asia
Radio Link International E-mail

nycindia2000@yahoo.co.in wrote:
Dear Fellow Engineers,

Recently I came across a wonderful but amazing experience which I would like to share with you

1. There is a place called MACHAKOS 60 km away in SE direction from Nairobi in Kenya where you can really feel/sense the pull of the gravity by taking your car upwards on the slope of a hill without engine running. I personally have experienced it along with my family. I took a car on the slope of the hill in the upwarde direction and stopped the engine and car to a halt by applying brakes. After when it came to TOTAL STANDSTILL, I RELEASED THE BRAKES, TO OUR SURPRISE IT AUTOMATICALLY STARTED MOVING IN UPWARDS (CLIMBING THE SLOPE) DIRECTION & IT MOVED FOR ABOUT 30-40 METERS (IN UPWARD DIRECTION- CLIMBING UP) BELIVE ME ITS A FACT
I understand there is another place in Iran where the same phenomenon can be noticed..

2. There is a town named Nanyuki in Kenya , about 160 Kms from Nairobi in north and near Mount Kenya.. This place is on the EQUATOR. dividing the earth in two hemispheres. On this imaginary line we go about 25 meters in north direction and stop there. Here we take a shallow small container filled with water and put some (2-3) straws/ sticks (small match sticks) in it. To our surprise they start swirling in clockwise direction.
Now we go 25 meters away from Equator in south direction and repeat the procedure, the similar phenomenon is noticed but the swirling is in anti clock wise dorection.

These are a couple of amazing phenomenons experienced by me and I am amazed.

With warm regards
N.Y.Choudhary

What use is to speak of freedom if people are not ready to sacrifice for it.

Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your life partneronline.

---------------------------------

Posted via Email
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Past Discussions Year 2004 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: