www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

About IS 3370 design of water retaining structures

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ritesh_ingale
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: About IS 3370 design of water retaining structures Reply with quote

sir,

I need the comparison between IS 3370 1965 Part 1 And 2 AND IS 3370 2009 part 1 And 2. And also i have searched most of the books but i didn't get the "desien of elevated water tank design as per IS 3370 2009".

So if anybody having the same then please send me.....its very urgent
or give me some suggestions.

rit686@gmail.com

Thank u.
Thankful People
1 user(s) is/are thankful for this post.
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: About IS 3370 design of water retaining structures Reply with quote

Dear Er Ritesh,

The main difference between the old and new code is the method of design-earlier one is based on Working stress method and the present one is based on Limit states Design! Hence comparisons are difficult to make. Since you are conversant with IS 456, it may not be difficult for you to follow. I do not have the new codes here-I saw the Draft- but think that the tables for BM calculation remain the same. You have to use LSM equations for the design instead of WSM. Note that crack control is imp. in such structures. Hence the code prescribes  Clauses for the same.

Best wishes
NS

Ritesh_ingale wrote:
sir,

I need the comparison between IS 3370 1965 Part 1 And 2 AND IS 3370 2009 part 1 And 2. And also i have searched most of the books but i didn't get the "desien of elevated water tank design as per IS 3370 2009".

So if anybody having the same then please send me.....its very urgent
or give me some suggestions.

rit686@gmail.com

Thank u.
Ritesh_ingale
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Thank you ...sir Reply with quote

Thanks for replying
sukanta.adhikari
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: About IS 3370 design of water retaining structures Reply with quote

IS 3370:2009-Part 2 has introduced the limit state method for design of water retaining structure.But still it gives the designer the liberty to design by Working stress method.Both the design methodology,ie,LSM and WSM  are permitted.

Regards,
S.Adhikari
B.V.Harsoda
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Useful Links:-

Earthquake Code on Liquid Storage Tanks

Ref:-http://www.nicee.org/IITK-GSDMA_Codes.php
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: