www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Blind people work together and make parts of Boilers

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Speak Out Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sspawar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Blind people work together and make parts of Boilers Reply with quote

Blind people worktogether and make parts of Boilers at Trichy for IOCL’s Paradip Refineryproject …..… An experience sharing.

21st December 2011 has etched an unforgettablememory in my mind. I was at Tiruchirapalli on a mission to expedite supplies ofBoilers at BHEL’s works for Power plant of IOCL’s ongoing Paradip RefineryProject. BHEL has outsourced non-pressure parts of these boilers to certain vendorsnearby Trichy. ‘ORBIT’ is among such outsourced vendors, who is making Pins& Clamps of these boilers for our project. We decided to visit ORBIT alsofor review and expediting balance supplies.

When we reached ORBIT works, we were greeted by theirPresident Mr. P.R. Pandi,   who himself is a blind person. To my uttersurprise, the whole ORBIT workshop is run by blind persons. Though I was awareof certain special schools and institutions for blind persons but never heardabout any manufacturing industry run completely by such persons. What I sawnext inside the workshop is quite difficult to believe.

I had never witnessed such well coordinated and coherentworking by blind persons. People were segregating the raw material, feeding theraw material on cutting, shearing and punching machines with the help of theirfellow blind friends, collecting the final products and bagging them afterquality checks. The whole manufacturing process was efficiently done andfinished product was meeting the quality standards.  I was lost in deep admiration seeing theiruntiring efforts for making vital parts for my project and emotionally touched.Their interpersonal understanding and collective effort was exemplary and farbetter as compared to normal workers engaged in other industrial units. Belowphotos depict it completely but silently…

People were working with no ego and communication was being madenot with vital sensory organs like eyes, but with their hearts. I was thrilled andcompelled to think that dedicated and sincere working by these special people isa great example towards values of humanity which defies all laws of Projectmanagement. Calm and peace prevail here in their coordinated rhythm of workingagainst any feeling of industrial acrimony.

What came next was even more surprising. A physicallyhandicapped welder was doing welding on the job and was assisted by a blindhelper. We saw his blind helper almost running and going to store room nextdoor to fetch the electrodes quickly. When enquired how he could do such jobwith much ease, my fellow companion from BHEL, Mr. Jai Ram told me that everyworker working here is fully conversant with the layout of workshop and doesthe job with calculated steps – concepts of time and motion study, well graspedby them by heart. I was overwhelmed by their indomitable spirit, everlastingzeal and working in perfect harmony.

At the end, ORBIT president Mr. Pandi requested me ‘Sir, ifyou come across any blind person, please direct him to me, we will make him ourteam member here’.       I controlled myemotions, advised them to maintain timelines and quickly moved out with mixedfeelings, thinking and admiring effort and passion of ORBIT in this endeavourand with firm conviction that Paradip Refinery Project will soon be a realiseddream.

Arvind Kumar

Chief Project Manager-PDRP

Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.

Refineries Head Quarters, New Delhi

Mobile: 9582262166

PS:I would liketo thank IOCL Management & BHEL team for giving me an opportunity to havesuch wonderful experience with a noble cause during project expediting at BHEL,Trichy.

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.
Blind People.doc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Blind People.doc
 Filesize:  390.5 KB
 Downloaded:  222 Time(s)

maminakhand
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: Blind people work together and make parts of Boilers Reply with quote

It is not matter, Now all blind people can all work on study for every subject. I wish every success their future life.
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Speak Out Box All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: