www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

 Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

landing at different levels?

 
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dongre.adarsh
SEFI Member
SEFI Member


Joined: 28 Mar 2012
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: landing at different levels? Reply with quote

Hello friends, i am designing a dog legged staicase with half portion of mid landing at differet levels.please help me with the design and detailing of the stair. is it ok to bend the mid landing bars to achieve level difference?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 5300
Location: Gaithersburg, MD, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: landing at different levels? Reply with quote

What is the difference in levels? Please provide a plan.

Best wishes
NS

dongre.adarsh wrote:
Hello friends, i am designing a dog legged staicase with half portion of mid landing at differet levels.please help me with the design and detailing of the stair. is it ok to bend the mid landing bars to achieve level difference?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dongre.adarsh
SEFI Member
SEFI Member


Joined: 28 Mar 2012
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: difference in level is 7" Reply with quote

plan of stair
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 5300
Location: Gaithersburg, MD, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: difference in level is 7" Reply with quote

Dear Er Adarsh,

Still I do not see the difference in level. It looks like a regular dog legged staircase!

Best wishes,
NS


dongre.adarsh wrote:
plan of stair
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
es_jayakumar
General Sponsor
General Sponsor


Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Posts: 1205
Location: Cochin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear NS Sir,

Please peruse the sectional elevation provided by him (the first drawing). It can be observed that the mid landing slabs of the either flights join the mid landing beam at different levels. I hope this is to accommodate one rise in the transverse direction in the landing slab itself. The mid landing slab's continuity in the transverse direction is broken at its middle. I think, if the top of the lower level mid landing slab is below the bottom of the higher level mid landing slab,  the landing pieces can be kept discrete, as there is no moment transfer or shear transfer necessary between the two pieces of slab. Otherwise, some nominal reinforcement can be connected, as already shown in the drawing. However, this rise should match with the remaining rise in magnitude, so as to avoid discomfort to the users.

Regards,

E S Jayakumar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dongre.adarsh
SEFI Member
SEFI Member


Joined: 28 Mar 2012
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 5300
Location: Gaithersburg, MD, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Er Jayakumar,

Thanks. I noticed it now. It is not a good detail and will cause discomfort to the users. As suggested by you they need not be connected or they may be detailed as in sunken slabs!

Best wishes,
NS
es_jayakumar wrote:
Dear NS Sir,

Please peruse the sectional elevation provided by him (the first drawing). It can be observed that the mid landing slabs of the either flights join the mid landing beam at different levels. I hope this is to accommodate one rise in the transverse direction in the landing slab itself. The mid landing slab's continuity in the transverse direction is broken at its middle. I think, if the top of the lower level mid landing slab is below the bottom of the higher level mid landing slab,  the landing pieces can be kept discrete, as there is no moment transfer or shear transfer necessary between the two pieces of slab. Otherwise, some nominal reinforcement can be connected, as already shown in the drawing. However, this rise should match with the remaining rise in magnitude, so as to avoid discomfort to the users.

Regards,

E S Jayakumar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


© 2003, 2008 SEFINDIA, Indian Domain Registration
Publishing or acceptance of an advertisement is neither a guarantee nor endorsement of the advertiser's product or service. advertisement policy