www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

LORD RAMA ON THE ISSUE OF THE SETU BRIDGE..

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Speak Out Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: LORD RAMA ON THE ISSUE OF THE SETU BRIDGE.. Reply with quote

Quote:

HILARIOUS MUSINGS OF LORD RAMA ON THE ISSUE OF THE SETU BRIDGE

*A bridge Too Far-Brilliantly put it into words*
*The Lord surveyed the Ram Setu and said "Hanuman, how diligently and strenuously you and your vanara sena built this bridge several centuries back. It is remarkable that it has withstood the ravages of the climatic and geographical changes over centuries. It is indeed an amazing feat especially considering the fact that a bridge at Hyderabad built by Gammon using latest technology collapsed the other day even before they could stick the posters on its pillars."*

*Hanuman with all humility replied "Jai Sri Ram, it is all because of your grace. We just scribbled your name on the bricks and threw them in the sea and they held. No steel from TISCO or cement from Ambuja or ACC was ever used. But Lord, why rake up the old issue now?"** *

*Ram spoke "Well, Hanuman some people down there want to demolish the bridge and construct a canal. The contract involves lot of money and lot of money will be made. They will make money on demolition and make more money on construction. "** *

*Hanuman humbly bowed down and said "Why not we go down and present our case?".** *

*Ram said "Times have changed since we were down there. They will ask us to submit proof of age and we don't have either a birth certificate or school leaving certificate. We traveled mainly on foot and sometimes in bullock carts and so we don't have a driving license either. As far as the proof of address is concerned, the fact that I was born at Ayodhya is itself under litigation for over half a century. If I go in a traditional attire with bow and arrow, the ordinary folks may recognize me but some Singh may take me to be some tribal and, at the most, offer a seat at IIT under the reserved category for learning how to construct a bridge. Also, a God cannot walk in, dressed in a three-piece suit and announce his arrival. It would make even the devotees suspicious. So it is a dilemma so to say."** *
*"I can vouch for you by saying that I personally built the bridge."** *
*"My dear, Anjani putra, it will not work. They will ask you to produce the Layout plan, The Project details, Approved Plans, Municipal Building Permit,Excavation Permit, the contractor who built it including financial outlay and how the project cost was met and the completion certificate. And who inaugurated it? Nothing is accepted by these people without documentary evidence in India . You may cough but unless a doctor certifies it, you have no cough. A pensioner may present himself personally but the authorities do not take it as proof. He has to produce a life-certificate to prove that he is alive. It is that complicated."** *
*"Lord, I can't understand these historians. Over the years you have given darshan once every hundred years to saints like Surdas, Tulsidas, Saint Thyagaraja, Jayadeva, Bhadrachala Ramdas and even Sant Tukaram and still they disbelieve your existence and say Ramayana is a myth. The only option,I see, is to re-enact Ramayana on earth and set the government records straight once for all."** *

*The Lord smiled. "It isn't that easy today. Ravan is apprehensive that he may look like a saint in front of today's politicians. I also spoke to his mama Mareecha, who appeared as a golden deer to tempt Sita maiyya when I was in the forest and he said that he won't take a chance of stepping on earth as long as Salman Khan is around."**

Get your own FREE website and domain with business email solutions, click here

FREE Animations for your email              Click Here!                   

Posted via Email

butterfly_bottom.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.18 KB
 Viewed:  415 Time(s)

butterfly_bottom.gif

butterfly_top.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.33 KB
 Viewed:  442 Time(s)

butterfly_top.gif

SANGEETA WIJ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: LORD RAMA ON THE ISSUE OF THE SETU BRIDGE.. Reply with quote

Dear Dr NS
Thanks for sharing this brilliant piece of satire! It is really quite reflective of the drastic changes our society has undergone in all walks of life!
Regards
Sangeeta Wij

Sent: 28 June 2013 13:04
To: speakout@sefindia.org
Subject: [Speak Out] LORD RAMA ON THE ISSUE OF THE SETU BRIDGE..

--auto removed--

Posted via Email

~WRD022.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  823 Bytes
 Viewed:  457 Time(s)

~WRD022.jpg

Nikhil_Athalekar
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: LORD RAMA ON THE ISSUE OF THE SETU BRIDGE.. Reply with quote

very nice....loved it!

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Dr. N. Subramanian <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
[quote]                   --auto removed--

Posted via Email
VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: LORD RAMA ON THE ISSUE OF THE SETU BRIDGE.. Reply with quote

Dr. N. Subramanian wrote:
Quote:
:

Dear  Dr. Subramanian,
Indian History before independence was written by people who new very little about India.
Here is another goof we believed for a many years and was never true.

Swami Vivekananda's Views on the Aryan Invasion Theory.

The following quote comes from The Complete Works of Swami  Vivekananda, Volume 3, Lectures from Colombo to Almora:

Then there is the other idea that the Shudra caste are surely the aborigines. What are they? They are slaves. They say history repeats itself. The Americans, English,Dutch, and the Portuguese got hold of the poor Africans and made them work hard while they lived, and their children of mixed birth were born in slavery and kept in that condition for a long period. From that wonderful example, the mind jumps back several thousand years and fancies that the same thing happened here, and our archaeologist dreams of India being full of dark-eyed aborigines,and the bright Aryan came from — the Lord knows where. According to some, they came from Central Tibet, others will have it that they came from Central Asia.There are patriotic Englishmen who think that the Aryans were all red-haired.Others, according to their idea, think that they were all black-haired. If the writer happens to be a black-haired man, the Aryans were all black-haired. Of late, there was an attempt made to prove that the Aryans lived on the Swiss lakes. I should not be sorry if they had been all drowned there, theory and all. Some say now that they lived at the North Pole. Lord bless the Aryans and their habitations! As for the truth of these theories, there is not one word in our scriptures, not one, to prove that the Aryan ever came from any where outside of India, and in ancient India was included Afghanistan. There it ends. And the theory that the Shudra caste were all non-Aryans and they were a multitude, is equally illogical and equally irrational. It could not have been possible in those days that a few Aryan ssettled and lived there with a hundred thousand slaves at their command. These slaves would have eaten them up, made "chutney" of them in five minutes. The only explanation is to be found in the Mahâbhârata, which says that in the beginning of the Satya Yuga there was one caste, the Brahmins, and then by difference of occupations they went on dividing themselves into different castes, and that is the only true and rational explanation that has been given. And in the coming Satya Yuga all the other castes will have to go back to thesame condition.

Think of this, Me and all of us  non south people (Aryans) would have been eaten up and  made CHUTNEY in five minutes by you south Indian (Dravidians) people.

So says  Swami Vivekananda.   So  people who says Ramayana is a myth, Setu bandh is a mythological Structure should be laughed at. Recorded history is only about 500.0 years old and to rely on some historians calling Ramayan as myth can  not be taken seriously.  We are talking  about events that took place  at least 3000.0 years back.  What documentary evidence they have to call  Ramayana a myth?

Regards.  

Vasudeo Pandya P.E. ; S.E.
Structural Engineer  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HILARIOUS MUSINGS OF LORD RAMA ON THE ISSUE OF THE SETU BRIDGE

*A bridge Too Far-Brilliantly put it into words*
*The Lord surveyed the Ram Setu and said "Hanuman, how diligently and strenuously you and your vanara sena built this bridge several centuries back. It is remarkable that it has withstood the ravages of the climatic and geographical changes over centuries. It is indeed an amazing feat especially considering the fact that a bridge at Hyderabad built by Gammon using latest technology collapsed the other day even before they could stick the posters on its pillars."*

*Hanuman with all humility replied "Jai Sri Ram, it is all because of your grace. We just scribbled your name on the bricks and threw them in the sea and they held. No steel from TISCO or cement from Ambuja or ACC was ever used. But Lord, why rake up the old issue now?"** *

*Ram spoke "Well, Hanuman some people down there want to demolish the bridge and construct a canal. The contract involves lot of money and lot of money will be made. They will make money on demolition and make more money on construction. "** *

*Hanuman humbly bowed down and said "Why not we go down and present our case?".** *

*Ram said "Times have changed since we were down there. They will ask us to submit proof of age and we don't have either a birth certificate or school leaving certificate. We traveled mainly on foot and sometimes in bullock carts and so we don't have a driving license either. As far as the proof of address is concerned, the fact that I was born at Ayodhya is itself under litigation for over half a century. If I go in a traditional attire with bow and arrow, the ordinary folks may recognize me but some Singh may take me to be some tribal and, at the most, offer a seat at IIT under the reserved category for learning how to construct a bridge. Also, a God cannot walk in, dressed in a three-piece suit and announce his arrival. It would make even the devotees suspicious. So it is a dilemma so to say."** *
*"I can vouch for you by saying that I personally built the bridge."** *
*"My dear, Anjani putra, it will not work. They will ask you to produce the Layout plan, The Project details, Approved Plans, Municipal Building Permit,Excavation Permit, the contractor who built it including financial outlay and how the project cost was met and the completion certificate. And who inaugurated it? Nothing is accepted by these people without documentary evidence in India . You may cough but unless a doctor certifies it, you have no cough. A pensioner may present himself personally but the authorities do not take it as proof. He has to produce a life-certificate to prove that he is alive. It is that complicated."** *
*"Lord, I can't understand these historians. Over the years you have given darshan once every hundred years to saints like Surdas, Tulsidas, Saint Thyagaraja, Jayadeva, Bhadrachala Ramdas and even Sant Tukaram and still they disbelieve your existence and say Ramayana is a myth. The only option,I see, is to re-enact Ramayana on earth and set the government records straight once for all."** *

*The Lord smiled. "It isn't that easy today. Ravan is apprehensive that he may look like a saint in front of today's politicians. I also spoke to his mama Mareecha, who appeared as a golden deer to tempt Sita maiyya when I was in the forest and he said that he won't take a chance of stepping on earth as long as Salman Khan is around."**

Get your own FREE website and domain with business email solutions, click here

FREE Animations for your email              Click Here!                     

Posted via Email

Last edited by VPandya on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Indrajit_Chowdhury
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: LORD RAMA ON THE ISSUE OF THE SETU BRIDGE.. Reply with quote

Dear Dr Subramanian,

Thanks for sharing this excellent piece. Reflects the present scenario eloquently.

Indrajit

Sent: Friday, June 28, 2013 11:34 AM
To: speakout@sefindia.org
Subject: [Speak Out] LORD RAMA ON THE ISSUE OF THE SETU BRIDGE..

--auto removed--

Posted via Email
dipak_bhattacharya

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: LORD RAMA ON THE ISSUE OF THE SETU BRIDGE.. Reply with quote

Dr. Subramanian,THE JOKE IS WONDERFUL !! Really enjoyable! So true!!

On 28 June 2013 13:04, Dr. N. Subramanian <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
[quote]                   --auto removed--

Posted via Email
xiaoxuyu
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this brilliant piece of satire! It is really quite reflective of the drastic changes our society has undergone in all walks of life!
Regards .

wow gold
cheap wow gold
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Speak Out Box All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: