www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Happy Ganesh Chathurthi

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Speak Out Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Happy Ganesh Chathurthi Reply with quote

Quote:

Dear All

Happy Ganesha Chaturthi to you & your loved ones. May Lord Ganesha clear all the obstacles in your path to make your journey of life smoother and happier.

Regards,
NS

God Bless.

Posted via Email

image.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  116 KB
 Viewed:  406 Time(s)

image.jpeg

Last edited by Dr. N. Subramanian on Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:25 am; edited 2 times in total
VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: It is the Smarts who win the game and not just hard labor. Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Subramanian,

Thanks. Happy  Ganesha Chaturthi. This reminds me of a well known
story about Lord Ganeha. Mother Parvati put her two sons, Lord Kartikeya and Lord Ganesha in to a competition for winning her necklace . Competition was, who ever does the Parikrma(Going Round) of the Brahmand (whole Universe) first, wins her Necklace. We all know very well how Lord Ganesha won the competition and the Necklace.  Lesson from this:

It is the Smarts who win the game and not people who just do Hard Labor without thinking.

Note:  Recently I heard this story and the lesson (in India) from a well known
           Management  Guru.

Regards.

Vasudeo Pandya P.E. ; S.E.
Structural  Engineer

Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: It is the Smarts who win the game and not just hard labo Reply with quote

Dear Er. Pandyaji,

Thanks for the message. I always used to wonder that our scriptures and very old sayings contain all the essence of our life. I remember reading a book 'All I Really Need To Know I Learned in Kindergarten'  by American minister and author Robert Fulghum (Ivy Books, 1988) long ago. This slim book of 186 pages explains how the world would be improved if adults adhered to the same basic rules as children, i.e. sharing, being kind to one another, cleaning up after themselves, and living "a balanced life" of work, play, and learning.(also see:http://www.pa-fsa.org/Assets/files/All_I_Ever_Really_Needed_to_Know.pdf). Unfortunately we forget all we learnt in Kindergarten and pay huge sums to learn them again in Management schools, with lot of abstract theory!

May God Bless you!

Regards
NS

VPandya wrote:
Dear Dr. Subramanian,

Thanks. Happy  Ganesha Chaturthi. This reminds me of a well known
story about Lord Ganeha. Mother Parvati put her two sons, Lord Kartikeya and Lord Ganesha in to a competition for winning her necklace . Competition was, who ever does the Parikrma(Going Round) of the Brahmand (whole Universe) first, wins her Necklace. We all know very well how Lord Ganesha won the competition and the Necklace.  Lesson from this:

It is the Smarts who win the game and not people who just do Hard Labor without thinking.

Note:  Recently I heard this story and the lesson (in India) from a well known
           Management  Guru.

Regards.

Structural  Engineer

VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: In India we do not need Management Guru's. Who needs them? Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Subramanian,

I agree. If you allow me to  put it in my own way "Indian Grand Mothers who teach such things to their Grand Children, will put  best in business, management guru's  out of business".

This is just a joke. No offense to our management teachers.

Regards.

Structural Engineer
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Speak Out Box All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: