www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

GRADE OF CONCRETE

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Speak Out Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mashetty.rahul
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: GRADE OF CONCRETE Reply with quote

Sir/Madam,
  My qustn seems to be silly.but i would lyk to clarify my doubt.,y dont we use 2 diff grades of concrete at a time???
for example..i would lyk to cast a RCC beam.so i ll use higher grade of concrete in places where there is more B.M an lesser grade where der is less B.M.. is dat possb??

if not ..wat are the factors that effects this criteria..
mahantesh_83
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Grade of Concrete Reply with quote

Dear Rahul,

Different grades of concrete can be used at a time, but it will increase the efforts of designer as well as it needs very careful supervision while concreting.

Designer needs to put more efforts in assessing the maximum moments at different locations & their range. They have to mention different grades at different locations on drawing as well. This will increase the man-hours.

While concreting, it needs very careful supervision. If by mistake lower grade of concrete is poured at the locations where you need to put higher grade, it is difficult to remove at beam locations.  

This can lead to increase in project cost, instead of decreasing.

In my opinion it is not advisable to use different grades.

Regards,

Mahantesh Nagannavar
mashetty.rahul
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what all things that effect??
bond strength???
transfer of loads??
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Speak Out Box All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: