www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Guidance to Academic projects

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Speak Out Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abhy_vivek
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Guidance to Academic projects Reply with quote

To,
All Students / Teachers of Civil Structural Engineering,

During my discussions in last a few years, with various academic institutes in Mumbai, Pune, Chennai and a few other places in India, I understood a fact that many Institutes find it difficult to locate Guides for the academic projects. The existing guides are all the teaching staff from the institute itself and are busy with teaching, paper-setting, exams, correction of answer papers, tutorials, assignments, monitoring of lab-testing works, admissions etc. They do not get sufficient time to devote on the academic project work / thesis. Also each teacher has to guide four to five B.E / B.Tech students and two to three M.E / M.Tech students. In addition to these numbers certain Institutes conducting Diploma and Ph.D. courses also have to guide further more students for academic projects.

As a result, many times the students are asked to work on the repeated topics; the students also do not get sufficient time and inputs. Especially on the topic related to industry oriented subjects, the boys either have to change the project after passage of four / five months or they submit a thesis which is not upto the mark.

Since past a few years, I was continuously been enquired by the various Institutes to guide a batch of students or sometimes the student on their-own try to contact me for guidance; hence I am writing this post. In recent past I have guided a few Diploma and a few BE projects in industry oriented topics. Apart from that I am also guiding the AMIE students (of course in and around Mumbai area). In past, I have acted as a visiting faculty on ‘Prestressed Concrete’ for UG and PG students at one of the esteem institutes in Mumbai, so well aware about the academic requirements. I am geared up to guide voluntarily one B.Tech and one M.Tech student every year. I am already guiding one AMIE student in Civil / Structural Engg. The interested students may approach in proper channel (i.e. through their HODs / Guide’s permission letter) well in advance.

But the students who want to do project under my guidance, should be ready to work hard and work on fundamentals, if needed they will have to revise the basic subjects from first yr. engineering, like applied Mech, Strength of Material etc. So only those students who are really keen to work hard may approach.

Thank You !

Regards
Vivek Abhyankar
Mumbai
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Speak Out Box All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: