www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

I don't know what to say

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Speak Out Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abhishek_Singh
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: I don't know what to say Reply with quote

Issue Resolved!!  

Last edited by Abhishek_Singh on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Thankful People
1 user(s) is/are thankful for this post.
P.K.Mallick
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abhishekji,I can understand your sentiment.But I would request you not to leave this forum. Life is not always about roses,sometimes we get brickbats too.Take the things in your stride and be active in this forum.
Warm regards.

syed_A

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abhishekji,I  request you not to leave this forum
Best regards
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Abhishek

I have witnessed those moments when such things happened and often we didn't intervened and at times we did.

Responses to the recent promise of sharing certain info, became increasingly louder then comments like "absconding" and so on. For that reason we had locked that thread to put an end to it.

Community when grows beyond usual sizes (currently 17,000+) in general has shown civilized interactions without much of issues in last several years how ever often users forget the forum etiquette while responding.

I would like to advise the all users that growth of community should not be the cost of quality and control and strict observation forum etiquette  must happen. In the absence of which unpleasant moderation measures may be taken. We will review our mechanisms to ensure the forum a pleasant place for all and retain its uniqueness and not allow it to die under its own weight.

In line with the same spirit we will soon have a report post button against each post which users can immediately report what they consider insult, impolite , violating forum norms in general.

We hope Abhishek and all concerned sefians who faced similar experiences would come together form a task force help us clean the system than allowing bad stuff that becomes a norm. We would not tolerate personal attacks, insults in what ever form, for us to be able to act, do report the matters to us before it becomes unbearable for all us.

There were many communities which were wonderful when their size was small but died or got self destructed when community indulged in such things Er. Abhishek faced.  Knowledge sharing should be rewarding , commanding respect and gratitude unlike what certain users of this community gave to Abhishek.

Lets clean our house instead of abandoning it. All users who face such issues find any post as personal attack please report the same to admin@sefindia.org

Best wishes

Admin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thirumalaichettiar
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did face the same situation from some of the senior engineers once upon a long time ago. I swallowed the hatred and continued. Hope Er. Abhisheksingh will do the same. You can not expect every one of the same charater since we do not have five fingers of the same height.

Some one think how can he dominate in the forum and so on and if you bother then you can not continue and contribute.

Hope Er.A.Singh think and take it easy since have to face like this in future also even though Admin advice is there.

With Best Regards,
T.RangaRajan.
Manoharbs_eq
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,

Why should any one quit the forum, its a brilliant platform to share view, Dear
Abhishek sir, I would request to reconsider the decision.

WE all are community here, kindly don't leave this forum.

Rgds
Manohar
mashetty.rahul
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear abhishek sir,

Thanx for ur contribution to SEFI sir.. Hope you stay here and help us all the tym..
VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: To err is human, to forgive divine. Reply with quote

Dear  Er.  Abhishekji,

Take the high road in this matter. Why not use this good old saying:

To err is human, to forgive divine.

Stay in SEFI.

Regards.

Vasudeo Pandya  P.E. ; S.E.
Structural Engineer
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Speak Out Box All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: