www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

steel bridge

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peednas_r
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: steel bridge Reply with quote

I have modelled a steel bridge in Stad pro. I have given loads in y direction and z direction. When i see the deflection in y direction its coming around 27mmm. but in the z direction its coming enormous. Any body help me in this regard how to interpretate the result. Stad says all the members are safe.. and no member is failing. I am attaching the stad file for reference please help me in this regard

Last edited by peednas_r on Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
ykalamkar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Cant see the attached file....
Pls send the staad file on ykalamkar@gmail.com
Yogesh Kalamkar
peednas_r
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear sir

As I am not able to attach the std fjle here. I have sent to your email id

I can send the file to all interested friends pl provide email address
thank u
ykalamkar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Sandeep,<o:p></o:p>
It seems that your bridge is for pipe line.<o:p></o:p>
You have defined the staad problem as staad truss. However, to transfer the horizontal forces upto support, there was no bracing. Bracings in plan should be provided at top chord as well as bottom chord. In addition to that, you will have to provide a path for horizontal force applied at top chord level to bottom chord level. Following are different options.<o:p></o:p>
<!--[if !supportLists]-->1.       <!--[endif]-->Provide cross bracing if possible. <o:p></o:p>
<!--[if !supportLists]-->2.       <!--[endif]-->Provide moment resisting frame at ends <o:p></o:p>
<!--[if !supportLists]-->3.       <!--[endif]-->Provide knee bracings in the moment resisting frame to avoid moment connections.<o:p></o:p>
<!--[if !supportLists]-->4.       <!--[endif]-->Provide cross bracing in elevation outside the truss. This is typically can be seen in the old railway bridges specially for FOB.<o:p></o:p>
I have corrected your file to some extent with second option as stated above. As this will carry some moments and shear force, I have modified the definition of the file as STAAD SPACE. Pls take care of the connections….<o:p></o:p>
Yogesh kalamkar <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
From: Sandeep Rangaswamy [mailto:sandeep.rangaswamy@gmail.com]
Sent: 28 October 2013 09:16
To: ykalamkar@gmail.com
Subject: sttel bridge<o:p></o:p>

Dear Sir,<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Please find attached file as suggested<o:p></o:p>
In the XY plane I am getting a deflection enormous..<o:p></o:p>
Please guide me in this regard

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Er.Sandeep R <o:p></o:p>
ykalamkar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Sandeep,
I don't know why but due to attachement text of the post was disturbed.

It seems that your bridge is for pipe line.<o:p></o:p>
You have defined the staad problem as staad truss. However, to transfer the horizontal forces upto support, there was no bracing. Bracings in plan should be provided at top chord as well as bottom chord. In addition to that, you will have to provide a path for horizontal force applied at top chord level to bottom chord level. Following are different options.<o:p></o:p>
<!--[if !supportLists]-->1.       <!--[endif]-->Provide cross bracing if possible. <o:p></o:p>
<!--[if !supportLists]-->2.       <!--[endif]-->Provide moment resisting frame at ends <o:p></o:p>
<!--[if !supportLists]-->3.       <!--[endif]-->Provide knee bracings in the moment resisting frame to avoid moment connections.<o:p></o:p>
<!--[if !supportLists]-->4.       <!--[endif]-->Provide cross bracing in elevation outside the truss. This is typically can be seen in the old railway bridges specially for FOB.<o:p></o:p>
I have corrected your file to some extent with second option as stated above. As this will carry some moments and shear force, I have modified the definition of the file as STAAD SPACE. Pls take care of the connections….<o:p></o:p>
Yogesh kalamkar <o:p></o:p>
From: Sandeep Rangaswamy [mailto:sandeep.rangaswamy@gmail.com]
Sent: 28 October 2013 09:16
To: ykalamkar@gmail.com
Subject: sttel bridge<o:p></o:p>

Dear Sir,<o:p></o:p>
Please find attached file as suggested<o:p></o:p>
In the XY plane I am getting a deflection enormous..<o:p></o:p>
Please guide me in this regard

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Er.Sandeep R <o:p></o:p>
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: