www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

ENGINEERS BILL THROUGH ACT OF PARLIAMENT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ishacon
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: ENGINEERS BILL THROUGH ACT OF PARLIAMENT Reply with quote

SUB : STATUTORY RECOGNITION TO ENGINEERING PROFESSION BY PASSING OF ENGINEERS BILL THROUGH ACT OF PARLIAMENT

Dear Friends,  

In many advanced countries, engineering can be practiced only by statutorily recognized engineers.  
It is a generally recognized fact that competence, experience and expertise of engineers have a direct  
impact on the well being and safety of the public at large.  

In India, since there is no regulatory body and no statutory guidelines for ensuring the competence,  
knowledge or experience of a person in engineering related works, practically any one can do any  
type of engineering in India, provided she or he has a degree from a recognized institution.  
Other requirements to ensure engineering competency and experience are conveniently forgotten.

That makes working in engineering field, a highly risky in India. There are several recent cases of  
structural failures, where young engineers are put behind the bars for no fault.  
In the absence of clear rules, the engineering work is growingly becoming very risky for the practising engineers.  
It becomes more so, when there is no professional body to take up their collective cause.

Our appeal to all those connected with the practice of engineering in India is this: It is high time that  
something is done to safeguard the engineers and their jobs so that it is beneficial to the society  
in the long run. No work involving engineering should be a cause for any catastrophe due to  
negligence, ignorance or incompetency. At the same time engineers should not shy away  
from taking challenges in building, operating and maintaining major engineering and t
echnological innovations that benefit the society.  

Passing of Engineers Bill through act of Parliament will fulfill two essential requirements  
statutory recognition of the profession of engineering and registration of engineers for proper growth  
and development of the engineering profession in the country.

If you agree with us, please sign and share our petition uploaded on change.org asking the Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi  
to give statutory recognition to the Engineering Profession by passing Engineers Bill through act of Parliament.  

Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now? Here's the link:
http://www.change.org/p/the-prime-minister-of-india-shri-narendra-modi-give-statutory-recognition-to-the-engineering-profession-pass-engineers-bill-through-act-of-parliament

With the greatest appreciation

Petitioners :  

1. Alok Bhowmick,
Managing Director, B&S Engg Consultants Pvt. Ltd. (email: bsec.ab@gmail.com)
2. V. P. Agarwal,
3. Sangeeta Wiz,
4. Vipul Ahuja,

Regards,

V P AGARWAL
CONSULTANT,
ISHA CONSULTANTS (P) LTD
NEW DELHI 11 00 74
PH: 011-2630 1158; 080 100 717 49
PH : 011-2630 1158 ; 080 100 717 49

Posted via Email
Manoharbs_eq
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sifians

Kindly support this petition, or else there would be no value or existence of engineering in our country.

Rgds
Manohar
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:12 am    Post subject: ENGINEERS BILL THROUGH ACT OF PARLIAMENT Reply with quote

Dear Er Agarwal,

I signed it and also sent this request to my friends. Some of them have also signed it. I take this opportunity to appreciate you, Er Alok, Er Sangeetha and Er Vipul for taking action.

Regards,
NS

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 22, 2014, at 1:59 AM, "ishacon" <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:

Quote:
           SUB : STATUTORY RECOGNITION TO ENGINEERING PROFESSION BY PASSING OF ENGINEERS BILL THROUGH ACT OF PARLIAMENT

Dear Friends,

In many advanced countries, engineering can be practiced only by statutorily recognized engineers.
It is a generally recognized fact that competence, experience and expertise of engineers have a direct

In India, since there is no regulatory body and no statutory guidelines for ensuring the competence,
knowledge or experience of a person in engineering related works, practically any one can do any
type of engineering in India, provided she or he has a degree from a recognized institution.
Other requirements to ensure engineering competency and experience are conveniently forgotten.

That makes working in engineering field, a highly risky in India. There are several recent cases of
structural failures, where young engineers are put behind the bars for no fault.
In the absence of clear rules, the engineering work is growingly becoming very risky for the practising engineers.
It becomes more so, when there is no professional body to take up their collective cause.

Our appeal to all those connected with the practice of engineering in India is this: It is high time that
something is done to safeguard the engineers and their jobs so that it is beneficial to the society
in the long run. No work involving engineering should be a cause for any catastrophe due to
negligence, ignorance or incompetency. At the same time engineers should not shy away
from taking challenges in building, operating and maintaining major engineering and t

Passing of Engineers Bill through act of Parliament will fulfill two essential requirements
statutory recognition of the profession of engineering and registration of engineers for proper growth

If you agree with us, please sign and share our petition uploaded on change.org asking the Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi
to give statutory recognition to the Engineering Profession by passing Engineers Bill through act of Parliament.

http://www.change.org/p/the-prime-minister-of-india-shri-narendra-modi-give-statutory-recognition-to-the-engineering-profession-pass-engineers-bill-through-act-of-parliament

Petitioners :

1. Alok Bhowmick,
Managing Director, B&S Engg Consultants Pvt. Ltd. (email: bsec.ab@gmail.com (bsec.ab@gmail.com))
2. V. P. Agarwal,  
3. Sangeeta Wiz,  
4. Vipul Ahuja,  

Regards,

V P AGARWAL
CONSULTANT,
ISHA CONSULTANTS (P) LTD
NEW DELHI 11 00 74

Posted via Email
bsec
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: ENGINEERS BILL THROUGH ACT OF PARLIAMENT Reply with quote

Dear All,

I thank SEFI for highlighting the petition on the HOME PAGE, at the top of all the information. A appeal to all the SEFIans to take a minute and sign the petition. Also, I appeal to all the SEFIANS to forward the message to all their friends and families so that we can get as many signatures as possible. Every SEFIan is requested to at least bring 10 additional signatures from their friends circle, outside SEFI community.

Kindly note, introduction of Engineers Bill as an ACT of parliament, is not only for the benefit of Engineers. It is beneficial to the society at large. This is a rare opportunity for all of us to show our solidarity. Therefore I request all the SEFIans to passionately take up this cause forward.

Best Wishes

Alok Bhowmick

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 11:29 AM, ishacon <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:

Dear Friends,

Petitioners :

1. Alok Bhowmick,
Managing Director, B&S Engg Consultants Pvt. Ltd. (email: bsec.ab@gmail.com (bsec.ab@gmail.com))
2. V. P. Agarwal,  
3. Sangeeta Wiz,  
4. Vipul Ahuja,  

Regards,

V P AGARWAL
CONSULTANT,
ISHA CONSULTANTS (P) LTD
NEW DELHI 11 00 74

Posted via Email
gautam chattopadhyay

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: ENGINEERS BILL THROUGH ACT OF PARLIAMENT Reply with quote

I express my full solidarity with you. At present many people are working as "engineers" in highway projects preseenting fake certificates. Many "consultants" are producing fraudulent CVs with NHAI in connivance with corrupt government officers. Only way was introducing professional engineer system. We are not being considered as engineers as per GATT provisions. We are not having practice license hence we cannot practice while philipinos, nepalese, bangladeshis, sinhalese can practice as engineers, key personnel. This was done intentionally by manmohan sing government to benefit the ASEAN countries, sitting on lap of USA.

On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 7:58 PM, bsec <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
[quote]            Dear All,

I thank SEFI for highlighting the petition on the HOME PAGE, at the top of all the information. A appeal to all the SEFIans to take a minute and sign the petition. Also, I appeal to all the SEFIANS to forward the message to all their friends and families so that we can get as many signatures as possible. Every SEFIan is requested to at least bring 10 additional signatures from their friends circle, outside SEFI community.

Kindly note, introduction of Engineers Bill as an ACT of parliament, is not only for the benefit of Engineers. It is beneficial to the society at large. This is a rare opportunity for all of us to show our solidarity. Therefore I request all the SEFIans to passionately take up this cause forward.

Best Wishes

Alok Bhowmick

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 11:29 AM, ishacon forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org))> wrote:
      --auto removed--

Posted via Email
sandeepmonica3
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:25 am    Post subject: ENGINEERS BILL THROUGH ACT OF PARLIAMENT Reply with quote

I am Ex head structural department NDMC   and M Tech (structures) IIT Delhi   and   Approved structural engineer from Dubai Municipality   I hereby endorse the issue   Sandeep Kaushal     On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 09:00:24 +0530 "bsec"  wrote >                   Dear All, >  >  > I thank SEFI for highlighting the petition on the HOME PAGE, at the top of all the information.  A appeal to all the SEFIans to take a minute and sign the petition. Also, I appeal to all the  SEFIANS to forward the message to all their friends and families so that we can get as many  signatures as possible. Every SEFIan is requested to at least bring 10 additional signatures  from their friends circle, outside SEFI community. >  >  > Kindly note, introduction of Engineers Bill as an ACT of parliament, is not only for the  benefit of Engineers. It is beneficial to the society at large. This is a rare opportunity for  all of us to show our solidarity. Therefore I request all the SEFIans to passionately take up  this cause forward. >  >  > Best Wishes >  > Alok Bhowmick >  >  >  >  > On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 11:29 AM, ishacon wrote: >       --auto removed--

Posted via Email
knsheth123
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: ENGINEERS BILL THROUGH ACT OF PARLIAMENT Reply with quote

Dear SEFIANs

Er. Alok Bhowmick and others have taken a very good initiative.

Let us all come forward to sign the petition.
All SEFIANs should sign and send a message, we care structures.

K. N. Sheth

On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 7:58 PM, bsec <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
[quote]            Dear All,

Best Wishes

Alok Bhowmick

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 11:29 AM, ishacon forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org))> wrote:
      --auto removed--

Posted via Email
prav_77
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:06 am    Post subject: ENGINEERS BILL Reply with quote

DEAR ALL,
      Its a very good initiative for all the engineers. i want to thank everyone who had petitioned and who had supported...
i have signed it and shared in fb and asked my frnds to support it too..

please share and bring the support of as much as you can...

thnks and regards

praveen singh
VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:10 am    Post subject: I have signed on for this bill. Reply with quote

Dear Sefi. Enrs,

I also have signed on for this Bill.

Regards.

Vasudeo Pandya P.E. ; S.E.
Structural Engineer
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: ENGINEERS BILL Reply with quote

Dear All,

There are 18414 registered members of SEFI, but only a handful of them have signed the petition.

This is a golden opportunity for us to show to the Govt. That we are united. Please sign the petition as soon as possible. This will give status to engineers. Architects have got recognition long back. Let us get it soon. Let us be united.

Best wishes,
Subramanian

prav_77 wrote:
DEAR ALL,
      Its a very good initiative for all the engineers. i want to thank everyone who had petitioned and who had supported...
i have signed it and shared in fb and asked my frnds to support it too..

please share and bring the support of as much as you can...

thnks and regards

praveen singh
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: