www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

IEI Membership & It's Power
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Speak Out Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B.V.Harsoda
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject: IEI Membership & It's Power Reply with quote

The Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers India (AMIE): is a professional certification given by The Institution of Engineers (India). The qualification can be earned by passing Section A, Section B, Project Work and Laboratory experiments examination of the Institution. If an applicant passes both sections of the examination, he or she becomes an Associate Member of The Institution of Engineers (India) (AMIE). The Indian Ministry of Human Resource Development considers this qualification is equivalent to a degree in engineering. AMIE was earlier Grad IE (Bachelor's degree of Institution). Government of India in continuation to its earlier recognition, has recognized passing of sections A and B examinations as revised, conducted by The Institution of Engineers (India), as equivalent to bachelor's Degree in the appropriate branch of Engineering of the recognized universities in India and has notified in the gazette of India, Part I, Section I, dated February 11, 2006. AMIE is also recognized by UK-NARIC as British Bachelor's Honours degree. AMIE is also recognized by FCSA Foreign credential service of America as equivalent to Bachelor's degree in engineering. Minimum duration for passing both sections is 4 years, however professionals with 3 years polytechnic engineering can complete it in 3 years since they are exempted from certain examination papers of Section A. Project work and Laboratory experiments can be carried out only after clearing at least 5 subjects of Section B.

1. History: IEI was established in 1920 in Madras with Sir Thomas R. J. Ward as the founding president. It was formally inaugurated in 1921 by Lord Chelmsford, the then-Viceroy of British India. In 1935. IEI obtained the Royal Charter of Incorporation from King George V 'to promote and advance the science, practice and business of engineering'. Sir Thomas Guthrie Russell (President 1933–34) led the successful petition for a Royal Charter.Harold Williams served as President for a period in the 1950s. Dr. L V Muralikrishna Reddy, FIE, Int. PE, CEng (UK) is the youngest President and has assumed office at the Annual General Meeting held at Hyderabad on 21 December 2014. Er. Ashok Kumar Basa is the Immediate Past President, and Er. S S Rathore is the Past President. The Institution obtained the full membership of the Engineers Mobility Forum (EMF) at the Bi-annual International Engineers Meetings 2009 held at Kyoto, Japan on 17 June 2009.
  2. Development: Subsequently led to the birth of the local institutions. Sdasysnkya of this institution in 1920 where it was only 138 thousand in 1926 exceeded there. The organization launched a quarterly magazine to remove 1921 and June 1923, a quarterly bulletin (Vivrnptrika) put out with him. Membership in this organization, its Aesoshiatt 1928 (associate membership) had started to take the exams, every level of government engineering college b. S. C. The degree considered equivalent. December 19, 1930, the then Viceroy Lord Irwin, the foundation of its own private building 8, Gokhale Road, in Calcutta. January 1, 1932 the company's office moved into the new building. September 9, 1935 in relation to a State Charter of the emperor George V accepted. In the second paragraph of the declaration of the institution duties are described briefly as follows: "Indian engineers to meet the goals and objectives of the entity being established, they increase the general development of engineering and engineering science, their implementation in India and people associated with the organization and members of engineering related topics Information Adn-in providing facilities to receive and give ideas." The branches of this institution slowly began spreading across the country. Timely Mysore, Hyderabad, London, Punjab and open its center in Bombay. May 1943 Associate Membership exams began to be taken twice a year. In 1944, four major categories of technical operations were established. Civil, Micanikl (mechanical), electrical (electrical) and General (General) Engineering. Different for each department head has to be elected for a term of three years. The Silver Jubilee was celebrated in 1945 in Calcutta. Bihar in 1947, Mdhyprant, Sindh, Balochistan and Tiruwankur, these four locations open new centers.
  3. Fora: There are five fora of the IEI: the National Design & Research Forum (NDRF), Water Management Forum (WMF), Safety and Quality Forum (SQF), Sustainable Development Forum (SDF) and Rural Development Forum (RDF). The IEI also has an autonomous organ, the Engineering Staff College of India.
  4. Functions: In addition to representing India in the Engineers Mobility Forum, the institution has been prominent in World Mining Congress (WMC), the World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO), the Commonwealth Engineers’ Council (CEC), the Fédération Internationale du Béton (fib), and the Federation of Engineering Institutions of South and Central Asia (FEISCA). It has no worldwide bilateral agreements with other professional societies.

Membership categories
Members mainly of two types: (a) Corporate (organic) and (b) non-corporate (Nirangik). Members and associate members is calculated in advance. Respected members of type II members, brothers (Companion), graduate, student, associate members and auxiliary (subscriber) is counted. According to the official declaration of the first type member "chartered engineer" noun officer. The first type of applicant's eligibility for membership is mainly determined on the following points: the proper proof of general and engineering education; Engineered as proper practical training; Take up the responsibility as an engineer as well as personal integrity.

1. Designations:

1. Fellow - F.I.E.
  2. Member - M.I.E.
  3. Associate member - A.M.I.E.
  4. Graduate - Grad.I.E.
  5. Associate - A.I.E.
  6. Chartered Engineer - C.Eng.
  7. Professional Engineer - P.Eng.
  8. International Professional Engineer - Int.PEng.
  9. Senior Technician Member - ST
  10. Technician Member - T
  11. Institutional member
  12. Arbitrator

• Senior designations:-

1. Fellow (F.I.E.):- *Fellowship (F.I.E.) is the most senior and most reputed engineering degree and grade of Corporate Membership awarded by The Institution of Engineers (India). Holders are entitled to use the post-nominals, F.I.E.. Professors / Assistant Professors / Associate Professors of I.I.T. / N.I.T. / Universities / Other Engineering Colleges in the scale of PayBand–4, (i.e.-Rs.37400–67000) have eligibility to opt Fellowship (F.I.E.). Ph.D. passed in Engineering and Technology with 20 years Engineering Experience are also eligible to opt F.I.E. Engineering Degree

1. Member (M.I.E.):- Membership is also a more senior and more reputed engineering degree and grade of Corporate Membership awarded by The Institution of Engineers (India). Holders are entitled to use the post-nominals, M.I.E. M.Tech. passed with eight years engineering experience are eligible to opt M.I.E. Engineering Degree Certificate

Associate member (A.M.I.E.)
Government notification:- Associate Member (A.M.I.E.) is a bachelor degree in engineering awarded by The Institution of Engineers (India). For those who have pursued a formal education in Engineering, an associate membership engineering degree certificate can be achieved by qualifying in the examinations conducted by the institution. This entails passing Section A, Section B and the Project Work, Laboratory Experiments examination of the Institution. Government of India, in continuation to its earlier recognition, has recognized passing of Sections A & B Examinations as revised, conducted by The Institution of Engineers (India), as equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in the appropriate branch of engineering of the recognized universities in India and has notified in the Gazette of India, Part 1, Section 1, dated 11, 2006. Since 1928 an associate membership to the IEI has been deemed equivalent (by the Association of Indian Universities and the Union Public Service Commission) to an undergraduate degree in Engineering. The Indian Ministry of Human Resource Development considers that this qualification is equivalent to a B.E. and B.Tech degree awarded by recognized Indian university and to a British Bachelor's Honours degree.[2][3] It is also recognized by the Foreign Credential Service of America as equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in engineering.[4]

1. Graduateship examinations (Grad.I.E.):- The summation of complete passed (grade point and grade points average) obtained in subject of section ‘A’ and section ‘B’ and project work and laboratory experiments (applicable number or subjects) is called "Graduateship Examinations" or Grade.IE (Having Passed Sections ‘A’ & ‘B’ of the Institution’s Examinations), After passing Graduateship Examination (section A & B), being a Graduate (Grad.I.E.), a student become an Associate Member (A.M.I.E.) of The Institution of Engineers (India) and receive an Engineering Degree of Associate Membership (A.M.I.E.). Associate Membership (AMIE) Examinations [Section A&B] of The Institution of Engineers (India) was known earlier as Graduateship (Grad.I.E.) Examinations [Section A&B] of The Institution of Engineers (India), and after passing Section A&B Examinations, AMIE [Associate Member of The Institution of Engineers (India)] was known earlier as Grad.I.E. [Graduate of The Institution of Engineers (India)]. By The Institution of Engineers (India), The nomenclature of the 'Graduate' (abbreviated as Grad.I.E.) category of membership has been changed to 'Associate' (abbreviated as A.I.E.) with effect from July 27, 2009 without any change in the criteria, i.e., age, occupation, qualification, training, etc. And The Institution of Engineers (India), The Council at its 673rd meeting held during 29 and 30 Sep 12 at Kolkata, decided and approved that Associates (A.I.E.) enrolled up to and including 02 Dec 12 will be automatically upgraded to Associate Member (A.M.I.E.).
  2. Associate membership (A.M.I.E.):- As per Regulations clause 32(c) of The Institution of Engineers (India), 8 Gokhale Rode, Kolkata, Link=> www.ieindia.org/PDF_Images/Bylaws/Regulations.pdf , All students (Senior Technician Members and Technician Members) shall on passing Section ‘A&B’ Examination of The Institution of Engineers (India) be transferred to the class of Associate Member automatically, admitted as engineering graduate by The Institution of Engineers (India) in their branch of engineering, and issued an engineering degree certificate of Associate Member (A.M.I.E.) with attachment to their branch of engineering and with sending their A.M.I.E. record on their state center and on their local center and with publishing their A.M.I.E. details online in the official website of The Institution of Engineers (India), which can be verified from their online verification link. Fee for upgradation from Senior Technician Membership / Technician Membership to the Grade of Associate Membership (A.M.I.E.) is accepted, collected and absorbed during admission for Section B Examination.
  3. A.M.I.E. photo identity card:- The Institution of Engineers (India), 8 Gokhale Road, Kolkata, provides to their all Associate Members their photo identity card of Associate Membership having their photo, name, Associate Membership number (AM No.), address, date of birth and signature, issued by the secretary and director general, The Institution of Engineers (India), with their signature

Chartered engineer certificate
Chartered engineer certification:- As per Bye-Laws clause 69(1) and clause 69(5) of The Institution of Engineers (India), 8 Gokhal Road, Kolkata, Link=> www.ieindia.org/PDF_Images/Bylaws/ByeLaws.pdf , All Associate Member (A.M.I.E. Engineer) of The Institution of Engineers (India) are automatically designated as Chartered Engineer [C.Eng.(I)] and as a Professional Engineer [P.Eng.(I)] also and they all are entitled to use their designation Chartered Engineer [C.Eng.(I)] and Professional Engineer [P.Eng.(I)] also with their name, and have all rights and privileges of Chartered Engineer [C.Eng.(I)] and Professional Engineer [P.Eng.(I)] also. By Institution of Engineers (India), 8 Gokhale Road, Kolkata-700020, Chartered Engineers [C.Eng.(I)] and Professional Engineer [P.Eng.(I)] certificate holders are authorized to work as a professional practice on their Engineering field as Chartered Engineers and as a Professional Engineer with their own seal and signature; without any Government license; A Chartered Engineer [P.Eng/IntPEng] by definition is one whose academic qualification & experience will be in conformity with the internationally mutually acceptable standards. After evaluation of competency by the National Committee of the relevant engineering discipline, the applicant engineer is certified as a Chartered Engineer [P.Eng/IntPEng] by a Board for Certification of Professional Engineers (BFC).

1. Chartered engineer Govt. rights:- As per A.M.I.E. Rules, clause 6 in Page number 2 of 5 in A.M.I.E. Application form, Application for Associate Member (AMIE), Link=> www.ieindia.org/member/asso-memb.pdf , of The Institution of Engineers (India), 8 Gokhale Road, Kolkata, Chartered Engineers Certificate is often useful for the following purpose; 1-To be Empaneled as valuer, Loss Assessor, in various financial institutions like Banks, Insurance Companies etc; 2-To be Empaneled as Chartered Engineer in the original side of High Courts, Central Excise and Customs and other similar Government Concerns; 3-To win contract of civil works from municipal-corporations and similar Government Bodies; 4-To have better opportunity of being employed and/or promoted in foreign companies; 5-To practice as self-employed consultant in India and abroad
  2. Chartered engineer Signing powers:- As per Chartered Engineer (P.Eng/IntPE) Guidelines clause 8 of The Institution of Enginees (India), Link=> www.ieindia.org/PDF_IMAGES/PDFFORM/PEGuidelines.pdf , A Chartered Engineer (P.Eng/IntPE) shall have a seal of his own as per design approved by the BFC (Board for Certification of Professional Engineers) which shall have following information; 1-Name of the Chartered Engineer (P.Eng/IntPE), 2-Chartered Engineer (P.Eng/IntPE) Certificate Number, 3-Name of Certificate Issuing Authority, 4-Discipline (Branch of Engineering), 5-Valid up to (Date of validity). This seal must be affixed on the drawing/design/report/certification, certified by Chartered Engineer (P.Eng/IntPE). A Chartered Engineer (P.Eng./IntPE) shall be responsible for civil/criminal liability for the losses/damages suffered by the user of his/her services if it is found that the losses/damages have arisen out of wrong certification.
  3. Royal Charter of Incorporation 1935:- IEI obtained the Royal Charter of Incorporation 1935 (Equivalent to an Act of Parliament) was granted on 9th September 1935 by his Majesty the King Emperor George IV, King of England, at the court at Buckingham palace, 'to promote and advance the science, practice and business of engineering'. Sir Thomas Guthrie Russell (President 1933–34) led the successful petition for a Royal Charter. After being incorporated by Royal Charter 1935, Institution is providing Chartered Engineer Certificate to their all associates who has passed section A & B examinations successfully. Incorporation of Royal Charter 1935 gives power to engineering institutions to award Chartered Engineering Certificate to all their associates for working and practicing in engineering field all over world without Government License. The Institution of Engineers (India) is only one and single body in India with having Incorporation of Royal Charter with having power to award Chartered Engineer Certificate to their all associates. IEI is a Body Corporate; continuing to be a Law in force duly protected under Article 372 of the Constitution of India. Look Link=> www.ieindia.org/royalchar.aspx

Professional engineer
Professional engineer:- As per Bye-Laws clause clause 69(5) of The Institution of Engineers (India), 8 Gokhal Road, Kolkata, Link=> www.ieindia.org/PDF_Images/Bylaws/ByeLaws.pdf , All Associate Member (A.M.I.E. Engineer) of The Institution of Engineers (India) are automatically designated as Professional Engineer [P.Eng.(I)] and they all are entitled to use their designation Professional Engineer [P.Eng.(I)] with their name, and have all rights and privileges of Professional Engineer [P.Eng.(I)].

1. International professional engineer:- After passing an assessment examination conduct by The Institution of Engineers (India), 8 Gokhale Road, Kolkata-700020, professional engineer [P.Eng.(I)] upgrade in an international professional engineer [IntP.Eng.(I)]

Government recognitions
National recognitions:- Government of India, in continuation to its earlier recognition, has recognized passing of Section A & B Examinations as revised, conducted by The Institution of Engineers (India), as equivalent to bachelor’s degree in the appropriate branch of engineering of the recognized universities in India and has notified in the Gazette of India, Part1,Section1,dated11,2006, Link=> www.ieindia.org/RECOGNITION.aspx .

1. International recognitions:- The Institution of Engineers (India) [IEI] has bilateral relations with engineering professional institutions in 19 countries around the world and is also the founding member of major international engineering organizations. This mutual relationship promotes the advancement of engineering profession in general and recognition in particular amongst all the members attached to these professional societies. IEI plays leading role in engineering activities across the world and provides international platform to its members, Link=> www.ieindia.org/links1.aspx .

Source link:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institution_of_Engineers_(India)

suraj
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject: IEI Royal Charter 1935 Reply with quote

IEI Royal Charter 1935

I thank & appreciate Eng B.V.Harsoda for explanatory dissemination about IEI
Few reservations require to be incorporated
IEI Corporate members cannot designate Professional Engineers (India) automatically
Even FIE or MIE cannot do as such
PE examination is conducted under IPEA provisions
All 3 grades are automatically authorised to use C Eng(India) title, which is protected for being used by its provision within IEI Charter 1935 Warrant
This name & title comes from IEI Charter 1935, which is a deemed extension of Constitution of India as such
If this statute requires to be amended, only Parliament is authorised so to do
Charter equals to power invested with High Court Judge, since it has been included within Charter
Chartered Engineer (India), which indicates that person is authorised by President Order to function as An Engineer on legal standing
It is a personal responsibility & liability to use professional title
Similar Charters were granted to Calcutta, Bombay & Madras High courts by King of England
IEI issues seal to PE & IPE valid for 5 years
Only Chartered Engineer can use seal of their own
Seals & PE/IPE certificates are required to be returned after 5 year

After
successful renewal,
seals are issued by IEI to approved persons
PE & IPE being open to all Engineers, who are members of every approved Institution in India
PE/IPE is not restricted to IEI Corporate Members only
Chartered Engineer (India) title can be used only IEI Corporate Members

kishorpss
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear B.V.Harsoda sir,
Thanks for posting for explanatory dissemination about IEI. As per the Chartered engineer Govt. rights:- As per A.M.I.E. Rules, clause 6 in Page number 2 of 5 in A.M.I.E. Application form, Application for Associate Member (AMIE), Link=> www.ieindia.org/member/asso-memb.pdf , of The Institution of Engineers (India), 8 Gokhale Road, Kolkata, Chartered Engineers Certificate is often useful for the following purpose;
1-To be Empaneled as valuer, Loss Assessor, in various financial institutions like Banks, Insurance Companies etc;
2-To be Empaneled as Chartered Engineer in the original side of High Courts, Central Excise and Customs and other similar Government Concerns;
3-To win contract of civil works from municipal-corporations and similar Government Bodies;
4-To have better opportunity of being employed and/or promoted in foreign companies;
5-To practice as self-employed consultant in India and abroad.

I am a FIE & Chartered Engineer, practicing structural engineer based at Surat. Being a Chartered Engineer I have not got advantage to act as a self-employed consultant. For practicing structural engineer one has to enlist with the local development authority like Urban Development authority or Municipality corporation after paying huge amount as fee. I have paid to SUDA & SMC of Rs. 1500/- for one year & paid Rs5000/- to Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority for five years in advance.

Where as Architect registeredwith council of Architects, India are exempted for paying any fee.

You are from Rajkot and must have structural Engineer license from RUDA & RMC. Have you obtained the license without paying any fee?

Kindly share your view as you have know about the govt. rights of Chartered Engineer.

Thanking you.

KISHORE K BEHERA
suraj
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:44 am    Post subject: Gujrat Engineers Issue Reply with quote

Dear Eng
kishorpss
Did you try to convince authorities by producing Chartered Engineer's Certificate?
Shall you be able to obtain official denial, respecting Chartered Engineer Certificate from competent authority for purpose of court evidence?
It is preferable to explain to these officials about CE certificate, since 95% government persons on Bharat do not know  about CE
kishorpss
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Suraj Sir,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion. Actually, getting of official denial is not possible because in application form of all development authorities, it is clearly mentioned that "no such fees shall be payable by Architect registered with council of Architects, India ". In this connection I enclose an application form.

As per my knowledge, only Govt.of Kerala has issued a circular for exemption of fees to the chartered engineers certified by I.E.

If I.E. (India) starts initiation to issue the circular from Govt. of India & also from state govts. in connection with the govt. rights of chartered engineers along with exemption of fees to the chartered engineers certified by I.E., then this problem will be over.

Also the slogan of president of I.E. (India) Dr. L VMuralikrishna Reddy “Each one bring one” to reach the 2 million membership by our centennial year in 2020, which will bring credibility to our engineering profession and impact policy-making in all spheres will be successful.

Thanking you.

Best Regards,

KISHORE K BEHERA

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
3241_Form10_RegofArchitect_Eng_etc SMC.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  3241_Form10_RegofArchitect_Eng_etc SMC.pdf
 Filesize:  32.65 KB
 Downloaded:  362 Time(s)

suraj
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject: Chartered Engineer Reply with quote

This post should be in Discussion Forum
Attached IEI Notification
Attached UP Order
Form 10 is not a law of land
It has been held by courts that Corporate Mambers IEI are on equal powers as Architects
Better fight with authorities

Use online scanners
EngineersUPOrder.doc
 Description:
UP Order

Download
 Filename:  EngineersUPOrder.doc
 Filesize:  428.5 KB
 Downloaded:  764 Time(s)

Use online scanners
Reg_of_Engg_Profession.pdf
 Description:
Engineers

Download
 Filename:  Reg_of_Engg_Profession.pdf
 Filesize:  457.02 KB
 Downloaded:  471 Time(s)

kishorpss
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suraj Sir,
Please arrange to upload the court order for fighting with the authorities.

Thanking you.

KISHORE
suraj
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Punjab & Haryana High Court Judgment Reply with quote

Punjab & Haryana High Court Judgment
Posted a judgment copy related to announcement that IEI is having force of Statute
Refer to page 2 & 5

When IEI Charter is a statute, no further argument arises

Use online scanners
IEI Is Statutory-Court Judgment.docx
 Description:
IEI is Statutory

Download
 Filename:  IEI Is Statutory-Court Judgment.docx
 Filesize:  30.91 KB
 Downloaded:  2806 Time(s)

kishorpss
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Suraj Sir,

Thanks for your kind co-operation. I have gone through the judgment copy.

In my opinion, we should try to take-up this case with President & Secretary General of IE (India) & request them to take necessary action for issue of clear cut order from State Governments as well as from central Government in same line with UP Government's order.

So, there will be no dispute during implementation.

With regards,

KISHORE K BEHERA
suraj
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:05 am    Post subject: Submission to IEI Reply with quote

Draft Petition Submission to IEI
I have already sent to IEI a PIL draft petition
Should you wish, you may also, send
You may also, move apex court, since I do not believe that IEI shall take that much interest in this matter
IEI has already published a relevant Notification
PIL can be filed for a final court order
I sent through that mail 2 more power point files, which could not be uploaded on sefi portal for 'not allowed'
These files are descriptive Charter Presentations
No one shall fight for engineers
They have to fight themselves
Yahan Paki Pakai Nahin Milti
Can you?

Use online scanners
SC-DraftPetition-IEI.docx
 Description:
PIL

Download
 Filename:  SC-DraftPetition-IEI.docx
 Filesize:  61.72 KB
 Downloaded:  318 Time(s)

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Speak Out Box All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: