www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Invitation to my book launch function at Chennai!

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Speak Out Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject: Invitation to my book launch function at Chennai! Reply with quote

Dear All,

Please find enclosed the invitation to my book launch function. Looking forward to the pleasure of meeting you!

Regards
Subramanian

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
DSS_Invitation (1).pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  DSS_Invitation (1).pdf
 Filesize:  329.01 KB
 Downloaded:  2470 Time(s)

V Ramachandran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

We wish the function a Grand Success. May the rain Gods relent today to allow maximum number of engineers to participate in the function.

Best wishes
Regards.

V Ramachandran.
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear ER Ramachandran,

Thank you! The function went on well. It started to rain when I started from house at 2.30 pm and after the function, there was heave downpour from 5 to 8.30 pm and I think 9 cm rain in 3 hours. Anna University declared holiday(it is not functioning for the past one week or so). In spite of that about 30 people attended. I thank them too.

Er. Babu of L&T released the book and the first copy was received by my mentor and a good friend Prof. A.R. Santhakumar.

The Table of Contents of the book are enclosed.

Warm regards,

NS
V Ramachandran wrote:
Thanks.

We wish the function a Grand Success. May the rain Gods relent today to allow maximum number of engineers to participate in the function.

Best wishes
Regards.

V Ramachandran.

Use online scanners
DSS-ToC.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  DSS-ToC.pdf
 Filesize:  437.64 KB
 Downloaded:  665 Time(s)

zubairmeer1
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Subramanian sir,

Congratulations and thanks for the 2nd edition of DSS, I was never comfortable with steel design, and your book is the reason that I love this subject and I'm able deal with steel design confidently.

I'm happy that you dedicated chapters for moment connections and seismic resistant design, I have observed that you even added a section for "plate subjected to horizontal pull", I recently faced some difficulty in getting material for it, many consultants are relying on thumb rules or some tables prepared for other projects by MNC's.

I searched for the book on amazon and other websites but it was not available (in fact these sites don't even mention about 2nd ed.) could you please update that when it is being launched in the market, else some other source to procure it.

Thanks & regards

Meer
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Speak Out Box All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: