www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nag1.bala
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

Dear Colleagues,It is a great loss  for all of us, to  miss  the most senior engineer  Mr Indrajit.
 We pray for  his soul rest in peace.
nagarajan

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 12:10 PM, VPandya <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           Dear Sef, Engrs.,
It was shocking to hear the news about sad demise of Senior Er. Indrajit Barua.
Mentoring of young and new engineers is a very serious and big responsibility at SEFI. We can say we lost a Sr. Faculty Member of SEFI .

May his soul rest in peace.

Regards.

Vasudeo Pandya P.E.
Structural Engineer

Posted via Email
prof.arc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

Mr. I Barua was a brilliant engineer.Though, we were at the same time at IIT-KGP, he was in BTech and I was in MTech
Mainly through SEFI , we had interacted now and then
May his SOUL REST IN PEACE in HEAVEN

A R Chandrasekaran

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:26 AM, alpa_sheth <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           Dear All: 

I just learnt of the sad news of the passing on of one of our oldest SEFI members, Er. Indrajit Baruah. He was a  brilliant structural engineer and a mentor to many engineers in Assam. He has designed all kinds of interesting projects form buildings to bridges. He wrote some wonderful, wise posts on SEFI. 

I had the pleasure of meeting him on an Earthquake Reconnaissance trip about 6 years ago after many years of e-knowing him on SEFI.

We will miss you, Mr Baruah. May your soul rest in peace.

best regards,
Alpa Sheth

Posted via Email
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

Dear All,

I am really shocked to read the sad  and sudden demise of our beloved Er Indrajit Baruah.  Very interesting to read about his involvement in  Assam agitation as well as in Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) (Wish to personally thank Er Alok Bhowmick for sharing such details about him).  I do not know how many of us participated boldly in such public causes.

I am aware that he is a senior engineer from IIT Kharagpur. He must have been around 80. Although I have not met him, but I have read his messages in this forum. He took active part on the topic of earthquake resistant design. As mentioned by Er Alok  Bhowmick and others, it is a great loss to his family members and friends as well as to our forum.  May his soul rest in peace and blessed by God in heaven! My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Can SEFI or us do anything for the memory of such dedicated senior engineers? May be his postings may be collected and posted as a summary page of  Er Indrajit Baruah.

Best wishes,
Subramanian

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:56 AM, bsec <forum> wrote:
Quote:
            Dear All,

This is indeed shocking and terribly distressful news for all of us in SEFI.

It will take a long time for us to come to grips with this loss. My immediate thoughts and prayers are with Mr Baruah’s family and I offer them my deep condolences. May his soul rest in peace.

Most of us in this forum know him only as a renowned and brilliant Civil Engineer. Many of us are unaware of his political clout. Mr Indrajit Baruah was a leading ideologue of the Assam agitation as well as an architect of the Asom Gana Parishad (AGP).

He did his B Tech in Civil Engineering from the IIT Kharagpur in 1958. He was involved with the entire exercise of setting up the Gauhati Refinery right from its site selection up to commissioning.  Then for a brief period, he served the Assam Government Construction Corporation and in 1975, he joined the Coca Cola company. When the Coca Cola company withdrew its operations from India following the installation of the Janata Party Government in 1977, Mr Baruah joined the Designers’ Guild, a firm he remained associated with till his death as a consulting engineer.

Mr Inderjit Baruah was the man who challenged imposition of the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act in the State in 1981 when the oil blockade movement was at its peak during the Assam agitation. It was following his petition in the Gauhati High Court that the application of the Act was stayed.

With his passing away, country has lost a great son of the soil. The void left by him can never be filled.

With sadness

Alok Bhowmick

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:26 AM, alpa_sheth forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org))> wrote:
      --auto removed--

Posted via Email

dhara1331
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hgnaikar
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:00 am    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

RIP Er. Indrajit Barua Sir.

Regards
H.G.Naikar

Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2017 10:41 PM
To: general@sefindia.org
Subject: [SEFI] Re: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua

Dear Sef, Engrs.,
It was shocking to hear the news about sad demise of Senior Er. Indrajit Barua.
Mentoring of young and new engineers is a very serious and big responsibility at SEFI. We can say we lost a Sr. Faculty Member of SEFI .

Regards.

Vasudeo Pandya P.E.
Structural Engineer

Posted via Email

~WRD000.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  823 Bytes
 Viewed:  420 Time(s)

~WRD000.jpg

uhvaryani
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:00 am    Post subject: Topic: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

It is indeed a sad news.He was my classmate,at IIT,Kharagpur,1954-1958.He was quite active on the forum and his scripts were profound and meaningful.
He was very direct and soulful in his messages.We all surely will miss him.

uhvaryani

Posted via Email
mkalgal
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:00 am    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

Very sad news. May his soul attain eternal peace
Kalgal​

Dr. Manamohan R Kalgal
Technical Advisor, 
UltraTech Cement Ltd.,
Phone: +91 98440 10074

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:26 AM, alpa_sheth <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           Dear All: 

I just learnt of the sad news of the passing on of one of our oldest SEFI members, Er. Indrajit Baruah. He was a  brilliant structural engineer and a mentor to many engineers in Assam. He has designed all kinds of interesting projects form buildings to bridges. He wrote some wonderful, wise posts on SEFI. 

I had the pleasure of meeting him on an Earthquake Reconnaissance trip about 6 years ago after many years of e-knowing him on SEFI.

best regards,
Alpa Sheth

Posted via Email
tulasikch
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

May his soul will rest in peace .
Laxmi Chirala

Sent from my iPhone

On 29-Jun-2017, at 11:56, bsec <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:

[quote]            Dear All,

This is indeed shocking and terribly distressful news for all of us in SEFI.

It will take a long time for us to come to grips with this loss. My immediate thoughts and prayers are with Mr Baruah’s family and I offer them my deep condolences. May his soul rest in peace.

Most of us in this forum know him only as a renowned and brilliant Civil Engineer. Many of us are unaware of his political clout. Mr Indrajit Baruah was a leading ideologue of the Assam agitation as well as an architect of the Asom Gana Parishad (AGP).

He did his B Tech in Civil Engineering from the IIT Kharagpur in 1958. He was involved with the entire exercise of setting up the Gauhati Refinery right from its site selection up to commissioning. Then for a brief period, he served the Assam Government Construction Corporation and in 1975, he joined the Coca Cola company. When the Coca Cola company withdrew its operations from India following the installation of the Janata Party Government in 1977, Mr Baruah joined the Designers’ Guild, a firm he remained associated with till his death as a consulting engineer.

Mr Inderjit Baruah was the man who challenged imposition of the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act in the State in 1981 when the oil blockade movement was at its peak during the Assam agitation. It was following his petition in the Gauhati High Court that the application of the Act was stayed.

With his passing away, country has lost a great son of the soil. The void left by him can never be filled.

With sadness

Alok Bhowmick

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:26 AM, alpa_sheth forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org))> wrote:
      --auto removed--

Posted via Email
SAMIR_RAY
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

Dear Sef, Engrs., 
It was shocking to hear the news that Senior Er. Indrajit Barua of SEFI is no more among us. May the god give his family and all the SEFI  member enough strength to cope with all the gap in his absent .

May his departed  soul rest in peace. 

With Regards. 

Samir Kumar Ray
Structural Engineer

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 10:56 PM, alpa_sheth <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           Dear All: 

best regards,
Alpa Sheth

Posted via Email
suraj
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Eng Indrajit Barua Sahib Reply with quote

Condolences
We engineers of Bharat have lost a pragmatic engineer, who contributed his whole career life towards structural engineering
His loss cannot be replenished
Condolences & pray almighty to take care of his soul
Such excellent souls are also, required by that superpower to work for that superpower in his kingdom
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: