www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Proposed REVISION OF IS:456-2000- Inviting Comments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mainul_haque
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Proposed REVISION OF IS:456-2000- Inviting Comments Reply with quote

Dr. N. Subramanian wrote:
Dear All,

I came to know from Mr Sanjay Pant, Director (Civil Engineering)
Bureau of Indian Standards, that they are going to take up the revision of IS 456 soon. Hence our Er Mallick proposed the idea of collecting comments from our SEFIans, which can be passed on to BIS. Hence I am starting this Tread. Please post your comments only in this tread and not in several other places.

Best wishes,
Subramanian
rajancivildesign@gmail.co

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Revision of IS456-200.0 Reply with quote

Dear  Darian,
The present code have introduced and used by civil engineers more than 16 years.  Many amendments about 4 revisions have been issued.  Many suggestions  have been proposed in this forum.  Many IS codes like IS 1893 and IS 875 part 3 wind load and mix design codes were revised.  Why this IS 456 have not revised.  Recently NBC code also revised.  When will be this code gets revised.  Whether they took another 3 years to revise this code.  Any body knows about revision of this code kindly inform in this forum.
V. M. Rajan.
Vinay_k
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: Revision of IS456-200.0 Reply with quote

rajancivildesign@gmail.co wrote:
Dear  Darian,
The present code have introduced and used by civil engineers more than 16 years.  Many amendments about 4 revisions have been issued.  Many suggestions  have been proposed in this forum.  Many IS codes like IS 1893 and IS 875 part 3 wind load and mix design codes were revised.  Why this IS 456 have not revised.  Recently NBC code also revised.  When will be this code gets revised.  Whether they took another 3 years to revise this code.  Any body knows about revision of this code kindly inform in this forum.
V. M. Rajan.

Dear sir,

Please send me the pdf to my mail ID.

meetvincv@gmail.com

Regards,

Vinay K
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Revision of IS456-2000 Reply with quote

Dear Admin,

With reference to your recent posting and the proposed Seminar on IS 456, I feel that it will be better if we know the basic document prepared by the committee headed by Prof. Murty of IITM. We can discuss based on that instead of aimlessly discussing something which will not be considered by the BIS Committee.

Regards
NS

Last edited by Dr. N. Subramanian on Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
alpa_sheth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Revision of IS456-2000 Reply with quote

Dear Dr Subramanian:

Greetings!

The base document as you will appreciate will not be shared presently in the draft stage. The wide circulation document will be released at a later date.
I believe (I could be wrong) that there is still some space available for discussing what are the issues in present code that are challenging for  users. And I believe there is still  room for that to be considered in the revisions  where relevant.
I am hoping that SEFI will be able to share some key ideas in the proposed revision in this discussion forum  prior to the seminar. The seminar is a unique opportunity for a one-to-one between code drafting group and users of the code.

best regards,

Alpa  

Dear Admin,

With reference to your recent posting and the proposed Seminar on IS 456, I feel that it will be better if we know the basic document prepared by the committee headed by Prof. Mury of IITM. We can discuss based on that instead of aimlessly discussing something which will not be considered by the BIS Committee.

Regards
NS
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Revision of IS456-2000 Reply with quote

Dear Er Alpa

Thank you so much for your reply! Greetings from USA!

You mentioned in your earlier message that thousands of pages in SEFI on this page discussing about the provisions of IS 456.

As I have mentioned several times the 2000 version of the code changed only the durability aspects. Hence the basic provisions of the 1978 version remains. In the past 42 years there were many changes in the other national codes.  Which one shall we discuss? Anyway, the IITM team will not accept what we say!

Warm regards
Subramanian

alpa_sheth wrote:
Dear Dr Subramanian:

Greetings!

The base document as you will appreciate will not be shared presently in the draft stage. The wide circulation document will be released at a later date.
I believe (I could be wrong) that there is still some space available for discussing what are the issues in present code that are challenging for  users. And I believe there is still  room for that to be considered in the revisions  where relevant.
I am hoping that SEFI will be able to share some key ideas in the proposed revision in this discussion forum  prior to the seminar. The seminar is a unique opportunity for a one-to-one between code drafting group and users of the code.

best regards,

Alpa  

Dear Admin,

With reference to your recent posting and the proposed Seminar on IS 456, I feel that it will be better if we know the basic document prepared by the committee headed by Prof. Mury of IITM. We can discuss based on that instead of aimlessly discussing something which will not be considered by the BIS Committee.

Regards
NS
alpa_sheth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Revision of IS456-2000 Reply with quote

Dear Dr Subramanian,

The very fact that the seminar is being held prior to the code going into wide circulation should be proof enough that the code writers want to listen to the professionals and other users of the code.

So no, I don't share your pessimism about the code writers not being ready to hear us one bit. I think they are ready to invest their time in the seminar simply because they want to hear from the users of the code- their suggestions and comments.

But we cannot simply not give comments and then complain about the code. The act of code revision requires participation of the whole community. By organising the seminar, SEFI is facilitating such participation.

And we are hoping that SEFI will be in a position to share key ideas of the proposed revision soon, perhaps next week!

Best regards,
Alpa

Dear Er Alpa

Thank you so much for your reply! Greetings from USA!

You mentioned in your earlier message that thousands of pages in SEFI on this page discussing about the provisions of IS 456.

As I have mentioned several times the 2000 version of the code changed only the durability aspects. Hence the basic provisions of the 1978 version remains. In the past 42 years there were many changes in the other national codes.  Which one shall we discuss? Anyway, the IITM team will not accept what we say!

Warm regards
Subramanian

alpa_sheth wrote:
Dear Dr Subramanian:

Greetings!

best regards,

Alpa  

Dear Admin,

Regards
NS
rajancivildesign@gmail.co

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject: Comments to IS456-2000 proposal Reply with quote

Dear sir
I have one doubt. The design aid to IS456-1978(SP16) was prepared in 1980. At that time steel grade fy415 is in use. So design aid was prepared for steel grade up to Fy500. Now steel grade fy550 is common in the market, there is no reference of constant parameters in the IS456-2000 and there is no chart or table to refer values for design columns or beams manually. To my knowledge most of the commercial pakages use only up to steel grade Fy500 only. Kindly suggest to incorporate some guide lines for design parameter in the proposed code of IS456.
V. M. Rajan.
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Comments to IS456-2000 proposal Reply with quote

With reference to Er Rajan's  question,  I also want the committee preparing the Draft to the next revision of IS 456 to include the properties of steel reinforcement in the form of a table in IS 456 itself, instead of referring to IS 1786, with a note on the ductility of steel to be used on earthquake resistant structures.

Warm regards
Subramanian

Dear sir
I have one doubt. The design aid to IS456-1978(SP16) was prepared in 1980. At that time steel grade fy415 is in use. So design aid was prepared for steel grade up to Fy500. Now steel grade fy550 is common in the market, there is no reference of constant parameters in the IS456-2000 and there is no chart or table to refer values for design columns or beams manually. To my knowledge most of the commercial pakages use only up to steel grade Fy500 only. Kindly suggest to incorporate some guide lines for design parameter in the proposed code of IS456.
V. M. Rajan.
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Comments to IS456-2000 proposal Reply with quote

With reference to Er Rajan's  question,  I also want the committee preparing the Draft to the next revision of IS 456 to include the properties of steel reinforcement in the form of a table in IS 456 itself, instead of referring to IS 1786, with a note on the ductility of steel to be used in earthquake resistant structures.

Warm regards
Subramanian

Dear sir
V. M. Rajan.
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17

Jump to: