www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Shear Wall design in staad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: I E-Mailed you the SHEAR WALL Files . Reply with quote

Dear  Er.  Senthikumar

I e-mailed you  STAAD  Shear Wall files.  

Regards.

Vasudeo Pandya  P.E.
Structural Engineer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

natarajansenthil wrote:
Dear Shri Pandya sir,

Pls send me the shear wall staad flle to vnatarajansenthil@gmail.com

Regards

N Senthilkumar
natarajansenthil
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: I E-Mailed you the SHEAR WALL Files . Reply with quote

Thanks a lot sir.

VPandya wrote:
Dear  Er.  Senthikumar

I e-mailed you  STAAD  Shear Wall files.  

Regards.

Vasudeo Pandya  P.E.
Structural Engineer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

natarajansenthil wrote:
Dear Shri Pandya sir,

Pls send me the shear wall staad flle to vnatarajansenthil@gmail.com

Regards

N Senthilkumar
R_Shenoy
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:30 am    Post subject: Shear Wall design in staad Reply with quote

Dear Mr Sureshkumar,

Was your original query on SEFI, about RCDC not recognising shear walls modeled with elements?
Please note that RCDC does not read or handle finite element data from Staad.
For RCDC to be effectively used, you need to model shear walls as wide columns with rigid arms - e.g a 300 x 4000 shear wall should be modeled as a column of size 300 x 4000 with a vertical prismatic member at the CG of the section, but with rigid arms modeled with very stiff beam members at every floor level, within the column from the centerline joint to joints at the column faces, along the 4000mm direction. Such rigid arms could be modeled with beam members of same width as the column/ shear wall and depth equal to floor height. Please make sure to change the attributes of such rigid beam members to zero density to avoid duplication of self weight.
I hope this will solve your problem of using RCDC for shear wall design.

Regards.

Ramnath

Posted via Email
srinivasa rao palla
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject: Shear Wall design in staad Reply with quote

hi,

Can you please send me the Shear wall design in STAAD.

Posted via Email
afaq
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respected sir, could yourgood self send me staad files ,on my email id waniafaqfeb02@gmail.com.
I would be greatly obliged .
Regards afaq
VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:13 am    Post subject: I E-Mailed you SHEAR WALL STAAD FILES . Reply with quote

Dear  Er. Afaq ,

I E-Mailed you SHEAR WALL  STAAD  FILES .

Vasudeo Pandya  P.E.
Structural Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

afaq wrote:
Respected sir, could yourgood self send me staad files ,on my email id waniafaqfeb02@gmail.com.
I would be greatly obliged .
Regards afaq
afaq
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sir.
praveen95
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: You can easily do SHEAR WALL Design in STAAD/PRO. Reply with quote

Dear Pandya Sir,
Please send me the Staad Model, I am facing the same issues, it will be helpful to me for my better understanding.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Praveen Upadhyay
Email: praveen.upadhyay64@gmail.com

Last year around this time I send these two STAAD/PRO Model showing how to design SHEAR WALLS in STAAD/PRO.  If you send me your E-Mail address I will send the same two STAAD/PRO Model input files. You are doing something wrong that is why you are getting this errors.  

From my previous SEFI post  around this time last year:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am attaching two STAAD Model input files.
1) EXAMP09.std.  Example 9     (U.S. Example).  This is a good example for using Plate & Shell elements.  
2) Shearwall.std.   Shear Wall FRAME Interaction Model.  This is a Multi Storied Building with Shear Wall.  This is done to show  how to  generating  Model . (Bentley Support People). In real Building Shear Wall location will not be like this, only on one edge. So use it for how to Generate  your Model and Design Shear Wall.   Also see the reinforcement design of  Shear Wall.  
3) Read  Section 3.8 Designing Elements, Shear Walls , Slabs of  STAAD  TECH.  REF.  Manual page 214 to 224. FOR  FIRST TIME USERS    
THIS  ITEM -3,  10  PAGES  ARE  A  MUST READ  USING PLATE  &  SHELL ELEMENTS  FOR  SHEAR WALL DESIGN.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards.
Vasudeo  Pandya  P.E. ; S.E.
Structural Engineer[/quote]
Anurag_Tripathi
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,
Please share the Staad Model with me, it will be helpful to me for my better understanding.
Thanks in advance.

Email:  tanurag072@gmail.com
VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:19 am    Post subject: STAAD Shear walls filed mailed to you.CAUTATION MY SHEAR WALL FILES ARE OLD . Reply with quote

Dear Er. Anurag ,

I just E-Mailed STAAD  Shear walls to you .

NOTE :  PLEASE NOTE MY STAAD SHEAR WALL FILES ARE AT LEAST  7 YEARS OLD . THESE ARE NOT FROM LATEST VESION  OF STAAD . A LOT MAY HAVE CHAGED IN LAST 7 YEARS . BE CAREFUL .  

Regards,

Vaasudeo Pandya P.E.
Structural Engineer
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: