www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Way to avoid spamming topics

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s.bhushanraj
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 4:28 pm    Post subject: Way to avoid spamming topics Reply with quote

Hello SEFI team,

I have been following SEFI for more about 8 years now. I have learned a lot from the high quality discussions ranging from eminent to novice engineers. But recently for the past year or so, there are few members who spam some topics such as "Field Engineering Talks on FB and others" with some links to social media pages. It is annoying to look at the digest emails with so many spam posts that are not useful for me as a Structural Engineer. I think other members also would feel so. I directly delete or ignore mails from SEFI to avoid seeing the long scroll of spam posts hence missing other important discussions along with it. In the long run it discourages fruitful discussions that used to happen on this forum. I would like to know a way in which I can unsubscribe only from that topic that is under the forum SEFI General Discussion. I see only the option of unsubscribing from the forum but not the topic. I do not want to unsubscribe the entire forum because I don't want to miss out on other interesting discussions in that forum. Also, I suggest to create a separate forum for that topic or the members who wish to post repositories of publicly available documents so that people who follow the posts can be benefited.

Thanks,
Bhushan Raj

Last edited by s.bhushanraj on Tue May 17, 2022 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total
vikram.jeet
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin / Sefi can help in this matter

However  Forum need views from civil  engineers 0f various disciplines /Academic / Architects /Related industry / researcher  which help everyone  for an overall knowledge assimilation. But yes , choice , if incorporated in website may help filtering posts of individual's interest .
s.bhushanraj
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Er. Vikram Jeet. I am interested to hear discussions from various disciplines. I am keen to know Field Engineering aspects but not an individual's social media page. Since a forum should be a place for discussion and sharing useful information, in my opinion, it should not be used to promote the social media pages. Unsolicited links to publicly available resources on the internet could be easily found by a simple google search. Given the short attention spans we have these days, a filtering option would greatly help concentrate on discussions that matter.
vikram.jeet
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes , point of view as expressed by Er Bhushan Raj ji is very right.

Whereas I admire the intent of author of FETFB , his knowledge and experience his thoughts on Quality , but never open social media content posts . I am interested  in comments shared by him and gain from them whenever he expresses his views.

But on Forum , he is sharing his searches , and followers are there , 3lakh plus views so far. As such admin need to work out filter arrangement on website as concerned / interested ones can see whereas others not interested can skip.
suraj
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 8:06 am    Post subject: Field Engineering-Unfortunate & irrelevant comments Reply with quote

Unfortunate & irrelevant comments by members, without taking into considerations certain facts of failure in engineering practical activities
To an extent, question of promotion of website page is concerned, it exists in minds only. I am not getting any benefit out of that.
I thought to help colleagues to certain quality & coordination spectrum, but it seems that current & highly educated engineers are having no interest in inter-coordination issues, for they are confined to structural designs only, which restriction shall be unable to solve engineering problems.
And such engineers shall never be complete & competent to make decisions
I have seen many phases of development in profession & encountered problems due to facts that information was not available & books never ever equipped with field requirements
I never ever thought to have any promotion, but members have different opinions.
I am not inclined to forcibly use this forum for my postings.
Certain elite members forced me to use FB etc. for my postings, which I used actually for news analysis & COVID-19 analysis.
I started my postings there, because this forum did not please with my posts.
I also, provided many links for my own projects, which are available, where on I spent many years & these are searchable.
I use them on my postings. I never use projects done by others. It is my right to refer to my own involvement & no one can question it.
Regarding, discussion is related, it is your outlook, whether or not, members are interested even to read writings.
I cannot even suggest any one, so to do. I am not highly educated & therefore, write normal. it is up to you about, how to consider it.
I spent more than 20 years in GCC & ME, where I acquired knowledge that members would not have learned throughout life herein.
If you are not interested, it is your choice.
Read or quit. No one stops any one.
Who shall discuss? Ask yourself. If you are not interested in quality, coordination & site work approaches, it is up to you.
I got no regret, except concluding that I deal with only part engineers
Civil & Structural engineering is only field where products are used for more than 50 to 100 years life.
No other engineering equips world with this privilege & even, if we are not serious, no answer.
No limits exist in civil engineering quality.
It is not just work quality, engineer must have individual quality apart from what educational qualification, one has earned.
Mindset must be be broadened & not be arrested in a cage.
I have published many hundreds videos, regarding practical aspects of engineering.
I am sure this forum does not have any interest, pertinent that.
No provision or facility is available on SEFI for broadcasting Live.
FB is only medium being used for that purpose, whereupon, even screenshare can be used.
Reading my posts in not my problem.
Raising questions is not my problem. It is members problem.
If you are not interested, why blame that no comments.
You have to comment or I have to comment!!! think first
I may stop using this forum shortly, if members are not happy & Admin shall be free to delete my posts. No problems to me
You are getting entire experience free & consequence to it is that rather than helping, undue criticism is being made.
Try yourself to help people & then talk to me!

s.bhushanraj wrote:
I agree with you Er. Vikram Jeet. I am interested to hear discussions from various disciplines. I am keen to know Field Engineering aspects but not an individual's social media page. Since a forum should be a place for discussion and sharing useful information, in my opinion, it should not be used to promote the social media pages. Unsolicited links to publicly available resources on the internet could be easily found by a simple google search. Given the short attention spans we have these days, a filtering option would greatly help concentrate on discussions that matter.
vikram.jeet
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respected PEngg Suraj saheb is requested always for continued guidance in whatever way convenient to him. It is very true that  engineering design alone is not enough in world of structures , and other related field and disciplines need to be discussed .  

Always respect and gain from views expressed by him though do not go to FB .

Best regards
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: