www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

dissertation topics
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a121s
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: dissertation topics Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

My name is SHISHIR KADAM, pursuing my M.tech degree in structural engineering, I m in my final year now and I have to start with my project work from next month onwards, so , i kindly request all the members, friends and my seniors, to kindly suggest me a very good dissertation topic in the analysis field, it must be innovative and if of the members are doing Ph.D in any analysis field in structural engineering, then i would like to talk with them and complete my dissertation under them...........
Hope my request will be obliged, and i will be waiting for your valuable support

thank you

manjutl
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear
SHISHIR,

I suggest you one topic which is hot in structural engineering now.

"Analysis and design provisions for post tensioned flat slabs in high earth quake prone regions"

As we have very less guidance available in Indian context, one can explore various journals, codes/standards and carry out research / dissertation work.

Regards,
Manjunath
a121s
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: dissertation topic Reply with quote

hello manjunath sir,

topic which  you have suggested me is really awesome, and i thank u for that...... sir can u please tell me , how will it be if i take project on ANALYSIS AND DESIGN OF BLAST RESISTANT STRUCTURES.?.........sir if u can suggest me few more topics then it would be a better judgement for me to rely on

thank you sir
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: dissertation topic Reply with quote

Dear Er Kadam,

You have to select a topic based on your guide at the institute ( he is going to guide you and sign your thesis), the facilities (lab, computer, library)available at your institute, and your interest. You can not choose any topic just because it is important to any one of us.

First talk to your teachers, select the topic based on their discussion.  

Best wishes
NS
a121s wrote:
hello manjunath sir,

topic which  you have suggested me is really awesome, and i thank u for that...... sir can u please tell me , how will it be if i take project on ANALYSIS AND DESIGN OF BLAST RESISTANT STRUCTURES.?.........sir if u can suggest me few more topics then it would be a better judgement for me to rely on

thank you sir
a121s
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

Thank you sir  for your advice, surely i will go through those points and find out the best of the best dissertation topic.....
Yogesh.Pisal
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Shishir,

You can work on Blast Resistant Design related topics. "Blast Resistant Design" is a theme and you need to choose specific topic. Some of them are as follows

1. Comparitive study of Static & Dynamic methods of analysis - Here, you can compare the results between these two methods.

2. Comparitive study of different static methods of analysis - Here, you can compare the static methods available in different codes.

You can even choose more complex problem like

1. Study of SDOF models for the Blast Resistant Design - Here, you can study existing models or you can suggest new models.

But, first and foremost requirement for choosing the topic is availability of guide from your college. If you are located in Mumbai or in nearby region then I can also guide you. (But, you need to have one faculty from your college who will interested in such topics)

Thanks & Regards,
Yogesh Pisal
a121s
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

hello yogesh sir,
  thank you for your support extended towards me, really i will talk with my guide about the topics u have listed and respond to u......... basically i am from karnataka, so can suggest any resourse person from this state or anyother state if u know anyone, who  is working in the field of blast resistant structure..... or else, it will be very gratefull for me to be in your guidence ....... really i m very thankful to u sir
brij_raychanda
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To shishir,

I have recently completed my thesis on blast resistance techniques.
If you need any help then just inform me.
and as yogesh sir and other sir said, its important to find good guide for thesis topic as it requires sincere efforts from your side and good support from your guide.

Regards,
Brijesh Raychanda
Yogesh.Pisal
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Shishir,

I have some friends from Belgam (They studied in Belgam - KLE & gogate college). But, most of them are working in Mumbai or Pune.

I will definitely help you for your thesis. There may be some constraints, but still I will try my best.

Let me know, if some professor from your institute is interested in this topic. Try to have the person with background in Dynamics.

Thanks & Regards,
Yogesh Pisal
a121s
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: dissertation topic Reply with quote

hello yogesh sir,
   my guide is prof. S.V.ITTI, i think u know him very well, actually i want to design a building using the indian codes and study its behaviour when blast takes place and i want to propose perticular design using both material technology and the codal provisions... i m ready to give my 100% because i love my work, please do guide me in these aspects, we have other co guides who are very well in dynamics and i can get help from them, so its just left to me how i do my work

thank you
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: