www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

dissertation topics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a121s
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello yogesh sir,

I have convinced my guide and even he supportive to that topic, so within this week i will get to know the exact view from college.
   Sir, which are the other codes and books that may be in use during my thesis regarding blast resistant topic ?
Yogesh.Pisal
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Shishir,

There are couple of books on the blast resistant design, also there are various publications on the same. But, I think to start with - ASCE manual and other books on structural dynamics are good enough to start with.

We will try to refer some research papers if required.

Thanks & Regards,
Yogesh Pisal
a121s
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello sir,

I had a talk with my guide yesterday, he said if want to modify my dissertation topic he said i can even go for the below suggested  topic, if blast resistance structure is my primary aim,... he suggested
"ANALYSIS AND DESIGN OF CRITICAL BRIDGES SUBJECTED TO BLAST LOADS".....
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Er Shishir,,

What does your guide mean by "critical Bridges"?

Best wishes
NS

a121s wrote:
Hello sir,

I had a talk with my guide yesterday, he said if want to modify my dissertation topic he said i can even go for the below suggested  topic, if blast resistance structure is my primary aim,... he suggested
"ANALYSIS AND DESIGN OF CRITICAL BRIDGES SUBJECTED TO BLAST LOADS".....
Yogesh.Pisal
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Shishir,

I think your guide may be talking about the blast due to terrerist activities. Frankly speaking I did not have practical background of this topic. I can help you only with mathematical modeling (i.e. numerical simulation) only.

Question asked by Dr NS is very important because many times we start with a topic without knowing the scope of work. You should be crystal clear in your mind about the Title - Scope of Work - Expected Results etc.

Thanks & Regards,
Yogesh Pisal
a121s
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Sir,

That topic has been just suggested to me by my guide, if i like to work on it. critical bridges he meant to those bridges which when demolished can cause in-access to any terrain or region without any other alternative.
          Sir i am fully concentrating and have interest on the only topic which we have discussed earlier as
"Comparative study of Static & Dynamic methods of analysis for blast resistant design in petrochemical facilities"
, ............

Thank you sir,
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: