www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Building height around international airport
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RAHULGEHLOT2009
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Building height around international airport Reply with quote

Dear All,
              Can anyone guide me the maximum height of a building structure around the international airport mainly Delhi area (within 25km radius). if you can provide any document it will be great.

Regards,

Rahul Gehlot

Last edited by RAHULGEHLOT2009 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
atul_123

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for that you have to contact airport authority and have to noc from them so contact airport authority and ask them in this mater.

also follow attached file
RAHULGEHLOT2009
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atul,
          Dear its obvious that we have to take NOC from DGCA, but as a designer as we have to follow the codes and bye laws,
I want to know the exact criteria of height of the building so that my designs will not have to wait and revised again for the the height.

can any one please help me and tell the exact height criteria around IGI airport (25km radius).

also if the building have heliport above it will it change the height criteria.

Please help..

regards,

Rahul Gehlot
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Er Rahul,

When we acted as consultants to Hotel Le Meridien in Chennai, initially Airports Authority of India allowed only ground plus two floors(app. 30 feet high). But later the developers obtained permission for one more floor, hence we had to drill holes from the column top to insert reinforcement and grout them for providing reinforcement to the next floor.

There can be high-rises around the airport at specified distances. Most restrictions are only in the funnel zone, which falls in the line of the aircraft take-off and landing site.

Tail piece: There is a beautiful dome in the lobby. The developer changes the Architect and designer several times.The final structural designer and the Architect were from USA.

Best wishes
NS

RAHULGEHLOT2009 wrote:
atul,
          Dear its obvious that we have to take NOC from DGCA, but as a designer as we have to follow the codes and bye laws,
I want to know the exact criteria of height of the building so that my designs will not have to wait and revised again for the the height.

can any one please help me and tell the exact height criteria around IGI airport (25km radius).

also if the building have heliport above it will it change the height criteria.

Please help..

regards,

Rahul Gehlot
RAHULGEHLOT2009
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Dr Narayanan,
                                I am so glad that you responded to my post.

Sir, We are planning a multistory hospital building  33.4 m high and we are confused whether to plan one additional floor, as this site is within 25 km from international airport.
secondly if i have to provide a heliport above, what are the major load factors I have to consider in my design. I am taking additional impact load induced by the helicopter.

With Regards,

Rahul Gehlot
atul_123

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear Mr. Rahul

as Dr. Narayanan said height permission is going to give by airport authority so you have to contact them visit them and ask about max permissible height of hospital structure in the radios of 25 km also get detail that is your structure within the of  takeoff & landing site or not. than you will have very clear cut idea of structure height and than start design so you don't have much revision.

and for heliport

i think below link and pdf will help you.

Code:

128.121.90.55/helipad.htm
http://www.sefindia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5821

http://www.heliport.com./

aziz
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,
    The height restriction around the vicinity of aerodromes in mumbai is given in the Developement Control Regulation for greater Mumbai, 1991 which is followed in the Building Proposal department of MCGM, MMRDA & SRA for building permission. I have attached the extract of the DCR, 1991 for height restriction around aerodromes for your reference, the height restriction may not vary considerably for Mumbai & Delhi. You may refer Developement control regulation for Delhi.  

Regards,
Aziz
RAHULGEHLOT2009
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sefians,
                        Thank you very much for your help and support.

With regards,

rahul Gehlot
atul_123

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aziz wrote:
Dear Sir,
    The height restriction around the vicinity of aerodromes in mumbai is given in the Developement Control Regulation for greater Mumbai, 1991 which is followed in the Building Proposal department of MCGM, MMRDA & SRA for building permission. I have attached the extract of the DCR, 1991 for height restriction around aerodromes for your reference, the height restriction may not vary considerably for Mumbai & Delhi. You may refer Developement control regulation for Delhi.  

Regards,
Aziz

THERE IS NO ATTACHMENT

PLEASE ATTACH FILE AGAIN.
RAHULGEHLOT2009
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Atul,
              Please login first and than see the post. Mr aziz's post is absolutely alright with all attachment.
I thing u r one of our newbies.

all the best
Regards,

rahul
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: