www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Regarding the design mix and Nominal mix

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wanboksutnga
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Regarding the design mix and Nominal mix Reply with quote

Hi good afternoon Dear Sefians
I am here to seek help from you all my self is a govt servant for the last 2 years now my SE entrust me one project to supervise the 40 m Span PSC Girder Bridge.
My problem now is that the Design Mixed for the M30 grade as per design from Assam Engineering college is 1:1.16:3.15 (Approx) but we dont have MIxer plant at Site so will have to follow this mixed design but at practical i will have to go with nominal mix.
Kindly help me out as how to utilise/produce this proportion (design mix) in Nominal Mix so that i will get the same Compressive Strength as design mix.
Is there any formula/technique to solve this problem? Please help Mobile-8974165540
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Regarding the design mix and Nominal mix Reply with quote

Dear Er Wanbok,

What do you mean by this? You should not use nominal mix for M 30. Use the mix proportion given by Assam Engg. college. I understand that finding a mix design is difficult. But I do not understand why is it  difficult to follow the mix design?

Nominal mix has to be used only for unimportant structures and under no situation to be used for PSC Girder Bridge!!

Best wishes,
NS
wanboksutnga wrote:
Hi good afternoon Dear Sefians
I am here to seek help from you all my self is a govt servant for the last 2 years now my SE entrust me one project to supervise the 40 m Span PSC Girder Bridge.
My problem now is that the Design Mixed for the M30 grade as per design from Assam Engineering college is 1:1.16:3.15 (Approx) but we dont have MIxer plant at Site so will have to follow this mixed design but at practical i will have to go with nominal mix.
Kindly help me out as how to utilise/produce this proportion (design mix) in Nominal Mix so that i will get the same Compressive Strength as design mix.
Is there any formula/technique to solve this problem? Please help Mobile-8974165540
es_jayakumar
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A concrete weigh batcher is must for mixing design mix concrete. This is not very costly either. You can get one procured at the site and the rest is very easy. Add the requisite water using a calibrated bucket or so. Don't forget to check the water content of the aggregates just before concreting and apply corresponding corrections  in weight of aggregates as well as quantity of water.

- E S Jayakumar
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: