www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Raft Foundation Punching Shear Check in SAFE

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ammar shah
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Raft Foundation Punching Shear Check in SAFE Reply with quote

i am designing the Raft foundation (Raft/slab thickness 200 mm) in SAFE software for PEB Building , when i run the analysis the safe does not analysis the punching shear check (it dose not show any punching ratio) any one can help me regarding the above subjected matter.

RCC beam (W=400mm x D= 750mm)is running on the periphery of raft foundation and all reaction of steel columns will apply on the RCC beam.

Due to the RCC beam through the periphery  SAFE is not analysis the punching shear ???

does the punching shear is critical this type of foundation however vertical reactions are not very large (DL + LL = 300 KN) ???

Soil bearing capacity is 2 kg/cm^2

construction is on the beach site (but special surface treatment applied).

your immediate feedback regarding to the matter subjected will highly be appreciated .Thanks in Advance  

Regard's
Ammar Shah
ammar shah
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any one can please reply regarding above query ??
yadavenkatesh
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Provide small gap ( say 100mm) between beam end and column in SAFE model to get punching shear ratio in SAFE.
ammar shah
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:11 am    Post subject: Punching Check in SAFE Reply with quote

yadavenkatesh wrote:
Hi, Provide small gap ( say 100mm) between beam end and column in SAFE model to get punching shear ratio in SAFE.

Thanks for your kind reply!!<o></o>
My foundation is monolithic (Rcc Beam and Slab will pourtogether) so how I can separate them in SAFE model if I separate them it will affectthe design I think. <o></o>

SAFE dose not analysis punching test for beams? If I assignthe slab property to the RCC beam then the result of punching will be rite? <o></o>

And I am designing the foundation for PEB building and allsteel column is connected on the RCC beam through anchor bolts.<o></o>

What do you think the beam section (W400mm x D750mm) andslab thickness (200mm) is enough, somehow loading is not very much high (DL+LL= 300 KN Max) and soil bearing capacity is 2 Kg/cm^2 (soil subgrade is 8000KN/m^3). <o></o>

If you give me your email address then I can send you theSAFE model to review.<o></o>

<o></o>
Waiting for your prompt reply.  

Regard's
Ammar Shah
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: