www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Fund raising

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Past Discussions Year 2004
View previous topic :: View next topic  
conart
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Fund raising Reply with quote

Respected Alpa Madam,

Let me congratulate you and your volunteers for setting up and running this forum successfully. I request all the members to generously contribute to the SEFI. SEFI is a great aid for designers like us, who have set up their business in small towns and thrive for knowledge.

As SEFI is earning high repute, I propose to set up a distance learning courses for Graduate civil engineers, who un-fortunately cannot go for ME studies. It will receive a huge response and in turn can be a good mean for perpetual income source.

Lots of Regards from
Pratik Joshi, Gandhidham - Kachchh

Posted via Email
alpa_sheth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Fund raising Reply with quote

Dear Pratik:
Thanks much for your regards; I must confess however that it is not we who
are running SEFI, it is all of YOU who participate so actively in the forum
and give it  vibrancy. People like Prof Sudhir Jain, Pankaj and me are
simply facilitators.
We will certainly consider the distance learning program. Such projects have
long incubation periods and take a lot of market research before they can be
initiated. In the meantime, as Dr Jain has mentioned in his email, we are
mulling on some new smaller projects  which will expand SEFI's  range of
activities.  Wait for more news soon!!!!

With warm regards,
Alpa

Posted via Email
sdec.in
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Fund raising Reply with quote

Dear Alpa,
I seem to have lost Dr Jain's mail giving the details of where a Cheque
for SEFI can be sent and in whose name.Pl send me these details and
whether a Delhi Bank Cheque will do?
Regards,
Sangeeta Wij

-----Original Message-----
Message From  alpa_sheth@vakilmehtasheth.com [mailto:alpa_sheth@vakilmehtasheth.com]
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2004 8:46 AM
To: sdec@bol.net.in
Subject: Fund raising

Dear Pratik:
Thanks much for your regards; I must confess however that it is not we
who
are running SEFI, it is all of YOU who participate so actively in the
forum
and give it  vibrancy. People like Prof Sudhir Jain, Pankaj and me are
simply facilitators.
We will certainly consider the distance learning program. Such projects
have
long incubation periods and take a lot of market research before they
can be
initiated. In the meantime, as Dr Jain has mentioned in his email, we
are
mulling on some new smaller projects  which will expand SEFI's  range of
activities.  Wait for more news soon!!!!

With warm regards,
Alpa

Posted via Email
alpa_sheth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Fund raising Reply with quote

Dear Sangeeta:

I am appending Prof Jain's email herewith which gives details regarding
contributions at the end.

Best regards,
Alpa

Dear Colleagues:

I am appending below my email of February 2004 wherein we had invited the
members to contribute to the running expenditure of the Forum. It was
heartening to see many of you contribute generously, making the total to
about Rs 22,000/- without our having to follow up on any one. A list of
contributors is available at the SEFI web site. The promoters deeply
appreciate this contribution as it makes it easier for them to pay for the
hosting charges of the site, while all the technical work continues to be
done by the volunteers and promoters at no remuneration.

Since its formation in January 2003, SEFI has reached a tremendous level of
maturity. Today, it is the only vibrant forum of Indian structural engineers
as seen from the quality of discussions. Also, the number of SEFI members
continues to rise, with current enrolment standing at about 900. More
recently, SEFI joined hands with the Government of Delhi to develop an
initiative for retrofitting of public buildings. It was heartening to see a
state government choosing to work with SEFI for such an important agenda.

Clearly, SEFI must go beyond just being a discussion forum. The promoters
are currently exploring a couple of projects which we hope to bring to you
for your opinion in the near future: something that may be of lasting value
for the profession in our country.

However, all such efforts need financial resources. We would be much more
credible, confident and strong if a large number of members contribute to
the required resources. Therefore, I reiterate my earlier appeal of February
and request all members to consider contributing a sum ranging from Rs 200/-
to Rs 2,000/- to SEFI.

Also, we now invite other professional associations, organizations,
industries, material suppliers to become "Supporters of SEFI" by
contributing a sum of Rs 5000/- to Rs 10,000/- per year. Our site will
acknowledge them, give their complete contact address, and a link to their
web site. This invitation will not only help SEFI financially, but will be a
first step in constructive networking of a large number of
associations/organizations interested in the built environment. If you are
involved in some such associations/ organizations, kindly be a channel for
helping this partnership materialize.

The amount may please be sent by a cheque or draft in favour of "Structural
Engineers Forum of India" payable at Bombay. However, to save efforts, we
will also accept outstation cheques. The drafts/cheques should be sent to

Ms. Alpa Sheth
Vakil Mehta Sheth
312 Apeejay House
130 Mumbai Samachar Marg
Mumbai 400 023

We thank all members for their continued enthusiasm for SEFI. Thanking you
and with best regards,

Sudhir K Jain
IIT Kanpur

Posted via Email
sikandarsiddiqi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Fund raising Reply with quote

Radio Link International E-mail

IMPORTANT

Dateline
Dhaka - Bangladesh/Asia

Dear Engr.Sangeeta, > Delhi/ India

I am giving below details of the e-mail received from Dr.Jain in this regard  for your ready reference & activation :

YOU WROTE -

1. I seem to have lost Dr Jain's mail -

My reply : Text of two e-mails are given below.

2. where a Cheque for SEFI can be sent and in whose name -

My reply : Dr.Jain writes " Therefore, I reiterate my earlier appeal of
February
and request all members to consider contributing a sum ranging from Rs
200/-
to Rs 2,000/- to SEFI."

" The amount may please be sent by a cheque or draft in favour of
Structural
Engineers Forum of India" payable at Bombay.

The drafts/cheques should be sent
to

Ms. Alpa Sheth
Vakil Mehta Sheth
312 Apeejay House
130 Mumbai Samachar Marg
Mumbai 400 023

3. whether a Delhi Bank Cheque will do?

My reply : Dr.Jain writes " However, to save efforts,
we
will also accept outstation cheques."

SPECIAL NOTE : I advise you to send a bank draft which is secured both way as it   will be from Delhi to Mumbai.

With regards and best wishes.

Engr.Sikandar Hayat Siddiqi
Project & Seismic Design Management Engineer
&
Builder/Developer Selection Consultant
&
Co-ordinator,Earthquake Anti-disaster Defence Management System Initiative

Copy to

a) Dr.S.K.Jain ( skjain@iitk.ac.in )

b) Engr.Alpa ( alpa_sheth@vakilmehtasheth.com )

sdec@bol.net.in wrote:

Dear Alpa,
Regards,
Sangeeta Wij

Message From  alpa_sheth@vakilmehtasheth.com [mailto:alpa_sheth@vakilmehtasheth.com]

-------------------Previous Message------------------------------------------------

To:

sikandarsiddiqi@yahoo.com
Subject: You and SEFI...An Appeal.From:skjain@iitk.ac.in  Date:Wed Sep 1 09:47:06 2004    

Dear Colleagues:I am appending below my email of February 2004 wherein we had invited themembers to contribute to the running expenditure of the Forum. It washeartening to see many of you contribute generously, making the total toabout Rs 22,000/- without our having to follow up on any one. A list ofcontributors is available at the SEFI web site. The promoters deeplyappreciate this contribution as it makes it easier for them to pay for thehosting charges of the site, while all the technical work continues to bedone by the volunteers and promoters at no remuneration.Since its formation in January 2003, SEFI has reached a tremendous level ofmaturity. Today, it is the only vibrant forum of Indian structural engineersas seen from the quality of discussions. Also, the number of SEFI memberscontinues to rise, with current enrolment standing at about 900. Morerecently, SEFI joined hands with the Government of Delhi to develop aninitiative for retrofitting of public buildings. It was
heartening to see astate government choosing to work with SEFI for such an important agenda.Clearly, SEFI must go beyond just being a discussion forum. The promotersare currently exploring a couple of projects which we hope to bring to youfor your opinion in the near future: something that may be of lasting valuefor the profession in our country.However, all such efforts need financial resources. We would be much morecredible, confident and strong if a large number of members contribute tothe required resources. Therefore, I reiterate my earlier appeal of Februaryand request all members to consider contributing a sum ranging from Rs 200/-to Rs 2,000/- to SEFI.Also, we now invite other professional associations, organizations,industries, material suppliers to become “Supporters of SEFI” bycontributing a sum of Rs 5000/- to Rs 10,000/- per year. Our site willacknowledge them, give their complete contact address, and a link to theirweb site. This invitation will not only help SEFI
financially, but will be afirst step in constructive networking of a large number ofassociations/organizations interested in the built environment. If you areinvolved in some such associations/ organizations, kindly be a channel forhelping this partnership materialize.The amount may please be sent by a cheque or draft in favour of "StructuralEngineers Forum of India" payable at Bombay. However, to save efforts, wewill also accept outstation cheques. The drafts/cheques should be sent toMs. Alpa ShethVakil Mehta Sheth312 Apeejay House130 Mumbai Samachar MargMumbai 400 023We thank all members for their continued enthusiasm for SEFI. Thanking youand with best regards,Sudhir K JainIIT Kanpur----------------------------------------My email of February 27, 2004Dear Colleagues:It was very interesting to hear the views of the members on the issue offuture of SEFI. While some wanted a mandatory fees (in one format or theother), others thought that it could be voluntary to contribute.We have
discussed this issue adequately and it is time to finalise the roadahead. As organisers, we feel that at this point the focusshould remain on growth of SEFI, rather than on money issues. Hence, weinvite the members to contribute voluntarily, rather thanimpose a mandatory fees.Any colleagues who feel that SEFI is doing a useful work and that theyshould contribute to the expenditure in its functioning, are welcome tocontribute. We will accept any amount between Rs 200 and Rs 2000. Whilethere is no deadline for sending the money, we expect that the currentmembers will consider contributing within a few weeks. At the end of aboutsix weeks, we will take stock of the financial situation: if the funds thuscollected are inadequate, the promoters of SEFI will ensure funding so thatfor next one year SEFI can continue to function in its present form. If thefunds are in excess, we will consider enhancing the level of activities ofSEFI.As of now, SEFI is a rather informal organisation, and it is
best to let itremain that way for some more time since none of us have the extra time toset up a formal structure. Hence, we will like to caution that membersshould contribute only if they have faith in those who are managing SEFI.Needless to say, all contributions will be acknowledged on the SEFI site.Cheques/ drafts should be in favour of "Structural Engineers Forum of India"payable at Bombay. However, to save efforts, we will also accept outstationcheques. The drafts/cheques should be sent toMs. Alpa ShethVakil Mehta Sheth312 Apeejay House130 Mumbai Samachar MargMumbai 400 023We thank all members for their continued enthusiasm for SEFI and for theprofession. With best regards,Sudhir K Jain

Posted via Email
sikandarsiddiqi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Fund raising Reply with quote

IMPORTANT

Dateline
Dhaka - Bangladesh/Asia

I am giving below details of the e-mail received from Dr.Jain in this regard  for your ready reference & activation :

YOU WROTE -

February
200/-
to Rs 2,000/- to SEFI."

Structural

to

Ms. Alpa Sheth
Vakil Mehta Sheth
312 Apeejay House
130 Mumbai Samachar Marg
Mumbai 400 023

we

SPECIAL NOTE : I advise you to send a bank draft which is secured both way as it   will be from Delhi to Mumbai.

&
&

Copy to

sdec@bol.net.in wrote:

Dear Alpa,
Regards,
Sangeeta Wij

-------------------Previous Message------------------------------------------------

To:

Subject: You and SEFI...An Appeal.From:skjain@iitk.ac.in  Date:Wed Sep 1 09:47:06 2004    

Dear Colleagues:I am appending below my email of February 2004 wherein we had invited themembers to contribute to the running expenditure of the Forum. It washeartening to see many of you contribute generously, making the total toabout Rs 22,000/- without our having to follow up on any one. A list ofcontributors is available at the SEFI web site. The promoters deeplyappreciate this contribution as it makes it easier for them to pay for thehosting charges of the site, while all the technical work continues to bedone by the volunteers and promoters at no remuneration.Since its formation in January 2003, SEFI has reached a tremendous level ofmaturity. Today, it is the only vibrant forum of Indian structural engineersas seen from the quality of discussions. Also, the number of SEFI memberscontinues to rise, with current enrolment standing at about 900. Morerecently, SEFI joined hands with the Government of Delhi to develop aninitiative for retrofitting of public buildings. It was
heartening to see astate government choosing to work with SEFI for such an important agenda.Clearly, SEFI must go beyond just being a discussion forum. The promotersare currently exploring a couple of projects which we hope to bring to youfor your opinion in the near future: something that may be of lasting valuefor the profession in our country.However, all such efforts need financial resources. We would be much morecredible, confident and strong if a large number of members contribute tothe required resources. Therefore, I reiterate my earlier appeal of Februaryand request all members to consider contributing a sum ranging from Rs 200/-to Rs 2,000/- to SEFI.Also, we now invite other professional associations, organizations,industries, material suppliers to become “Supporters of SEFI” bycontributing a sum of Rs 5000/- to Rs 10,000/- per year. Our site willacknowledge them, give their complete contact address, and a link to theirweb site. This invitation will not only help SEFI
financially, but will be afirst step in constructive networking of a large number ofassociations/organizations interested in the built environment. If you areinvolved in some such associations/ organizations, kindly be a channel forhelping this partnership materialize.The amount may please be sent by a cheque or draft in favour of "StructuralEngineers Forum of India" payable at Bombay. However, to save efforts, wewill also accept outstation cheques. The drafts/cheques should be sent toMs. Alpa ShethVakil Mehta Sheth312 Apeejay House130 Mumbai Samachar MargMumbai 400 023We thank all members for their continued enthusiasm for SEFI. Thanking youand with best regards,Sudhir K JainIIT Kanpur----------------------------------------My email of February 27, 2004Dear Colleagues:It was very interesting to hear the views of the members on the issue offuture of SEFI. While some wanted a mandatory fees (in one format or theother), others thought that it could be voluntary to contribute.We have
discussed this issue adequately and it is time to finalise the roadahead. As organisers, we feel that at this point the focusshould remain on growth of SEFI, rather than on money issues. Hence, weinvite the members to contribute voluntarily, rather thanimpose a mandatory fees.Any colleagues who feel that SEFI is doing a useful work and that theyshould contribute to the expenditure in its functioning, are welcome tocontribute. We will accept any amount between Rs 200 and Rs 2000. Whilethere is no deadline for sending the money, we expect that the currentmembers will consider contributing within a few weeks. At the end of aboutsix weeks, we will take stock of the financial situation: if the funds thuscollected are inadequate, the promoters of SEFI will ensure funding so thatfor next one year SEFI can continue to function in its present form. If thefunds are in excess, we will consider enhancing the level of activities ofSEFI.As of now, SEFI is a rather informal organisation, and it is
best to let itremain that way for some more time since none of us have the extra time toset up a formal structure. Hence, we will like to caution that membersshould contribute only if they have faith in those who are managing SEFI.Needless to say, all contributions will be acknowledged on the SEFI site.Cheques/ drafts should be in favour of "Structural Engineers Forum of India"payable at Bombay. However, to save efforts, we will also accept outstationcheques. The drafts/cheques should be sent toMs. Alpa ShethVakil Mehta Sheth312 Apeejay House130 Mumbai Samachar MargMumbai 400 023We thank all members for their continued enthusiasm for SEFI and for theprofession. With best regards,Sudhir K Jain

Posted via Email
sikandarsiddiqi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Fund raising Reply with quote

IMPORTANT

Dateline
Dhaka - Bangladesh/Asia

YOU WROTE -

February
200/-
to Rs 2,000/- to SEFI."

Structural

to

Ms. Alpa Sheth
Vakil Mehta Sheth
312 Apeejay House
130 Mumbai Samachar Marg
Mumbai 400 023

we

&
&

Copy to

sdec@bol.net.in wrote:

Dear Alpa,
Regards,
Sangeeta Wij

To:

---------------------------------

Posted via Email
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Past Discussions Year 2004 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: