www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

PROJECT ON HEALTH ASSESMENT !!!

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jayjadav792
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: PROJECT ON HEALTH ASSESMENT !!! Reply with quote

HELLO EVERYONE,

I jay jadav studying in mefgi which comes under gtu has selected his M.E dessertation on health assessment project. I have searched many papers on that topic but i could just find abstract of it and not even mail adress of the author. So please anyone can get me out by sending me the papers related to health assessment. Also i have selected health assesment as general topic but i am confused as to what structure should i select and shuld i select private structure or goverment ???
VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject: See SEFI post dated 30th JUly 2014 by Er. Kunal Kansara. Reply with quote

Dear Er.  Jay Jadav,

See SEFI post dated 30th July 2014 by Er. Kunal Kansara. That can help you.

"Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) is not at all a new concept, only changed over since last few decades is the approach, tools and techniques to monitor structures. "

Also ASCE has a Webinar on:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Condition Evaluation of Existing Structures - Concrete and Steel.

Purpose and Background

Before a structure is renovated, the designers and contractors typically need to assess the existing conditions. The extent of the required strengthening or repair often depends on the information gained during the evaluation. But what exactly needs to be discovered? Which evaluation techniques should be used? What to do if the design budget is insufficient for an in-depth evaluation? These and similar questions inevitably arise during condition assessments – and they deserve answers. This webinar provides a primer on the topic of condition evaluation of existing concrete and steel structures. It explains which assessment protocols are available and which destructive and nondestructive evaluation techniques are most effective for various needs and situations. Real-life examples of dealing with the challenges involved illustrate the discussion.

After an overview of the condition evaluation standards and guidelines, the instructor explains which potential problems could be encountered for each material and how to recognize them. He then addresses the basic options for investigation. They include both destructive and nondestructive assessment methods as well as full-scale load testing. The latter can be done following the procedures contained in various standards.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also look up ASCE web-site for more information on this topic.

Regards.

Vasudeo Pandya  P.E.; S.E.
Structural Engineer
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: