Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools before opening them. They may contain viruses. Use online scanners here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:58 am Post subject: wind loads on Octagonal Hip Roofs with common Crown
Need your experienced views/opinions/suggestions on the fwg problem
I present the problem stmt as under:-
1. Design an Octagonal Metal Roof with 1:15 pitch and central Crown.
2. Dimensions : sides of the Octagon = 9m
3. Height of the roof at Eaves =4.2m
4. RCC Circular Columns are at each apex of the octagon and are 900mmDia 5. Basic Wind Speed is 47m/s and Bldg is in EQ zone IV.
6. The walls of the Octagonal hall are in Brick masonary and have 18% Openings.
6. No columns are allowed in the octagon anywhere else.
This Bldg is in the ground floor and the floor below (UG) houses a larger Bldg. Now I have the following issues
1. For the wind loading external coeffs should I use the Table 6 and table 4 of IS 873-III( mono-sloped Roofs) or use Table 4 and Fig 2 of IS 875-III( Circular standing Conical Roofs).
2. What type of truss is well suited for this type of situation given the octagonal hips and common crown and the large column free space present.
3. Suggestions about the connection/member choice at the crown.
Thanks in advance in anticipation of your valuable views
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum