www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Problem in staadpro

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> New Members make Test Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mahsudul Haque Rozer
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject: Problem in staadpro Reply with quote

Dear All
          I am new here.i got the following problem.
I am designing brick footing using solid cusor. I made footing model. After analyzing thr structure i want to check stress at different point of the bottom of the footing and different vertical section of the footing. please help me how to do.

Advance thanks to all
Mahsudul
es_jayakumar
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi..
The question is not clear. Please elaborate it and attach the STAAD file.

E S Jayakumar
Mahsudul Haque Rozer
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear
the middle section view of the footing and corresponding stress are given in the following figure.

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.
brick footing.zip
 Description:
the staad file is attached here

Download
 Filename:  brick footing.zip
 Filesize:  29.47 KB
 Downloaded:  364 Time(s)

es_jayakumar
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that I am not familiar with solid modeling. Somebody please impart knowledge on the same.....
Rajan sir, do you have material on it ?

E S Jayakumar
es_jayakumar
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now picked up some rudiments of Solid modeling, thanks to Rajan Sir's notes recently posted, which are very valuable.

1. From "Tables", select Solid Centre Stresses and / or Solid Corner Stresses, of the solid elements, stress in which you want to examine. The vertical stress is "Normal - Syy"
2. In another approach, you take out the bottom layer of your solids assembly using "View selected objects only" command. Then select "Solid stresses" - Syy - OK. This will display the stress contour of Syy (vertical stress). Range of stress values given on the left side of the diagram will help you to get idea on the stress variation along the layer..

E S Jayakumar
es_jayakumar
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing is further heard from you. If you want to find out the realistic representation of base pressure on soil, you have to model spring supports. Spring values  (stiffness) at (1) Corner nodes, (2)Edge nodes and (3) Interior nodes can be obtained by multiplying the modulus of subgrade reaction of soil with the corresponding influence area for those 3 cases and input in STAAD at supports - Fixed but- Define springs option.

E S Jayakumar
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> New Members make Test Posts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: