www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alpa_sheth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

Dear All: 

I just learnt of the sad news of the passing on of one of our oldest SEFI members, Er. Indrajit Baruah. He was a  brilliant structural engineer and a mentor to many engineers in Assam. He has designed all kinds of interesting projects form buildings to bridges. He wrote some wonderful, wise posts on SEFI. 

I had the pleasure of meeting him on an Earthquake Reconnaissance trip about 6 years ago after many years of e-knowing him on SEFI.

We will miss you, Mr Baruah. May your soul rest in peace.

best regards,
Alpa Sheth

Posted via Email
bsec
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

Dear All,

This is indeed shocking and terribly distressful news for all of us in SEFI.

It will take a long time for us to come to grips with this loss. My immediate thoughts and prayers are with Mr Baruaha's family and I offer them my deep condolences. May his soul rest in peace.

Most of us in this forum know him only as a renowned and brilliant Civil Engineer. Many of us are unaware of his political clout. Mr Indrajit Baruah was a leading ideologue of the Assam agitation as well as an architect of the Asom Gana Parishad (AGP).

He did his B Tech in Civil Engineering from the IIT Kharagpur in 1958. He was involved with the entire exercise of setting up the Gauhati Refinery right from its site selection up to commissioning.  Then for a brief period, he served the Assam Government Construction Corporation and in 1975, he joined the Coca Cola company. When the Coca Cola company withdrew its operations from India following the installation of the Janata Party Government in 1977, Mr Baruah joined the Designers's Guild, a firm he remained associated with till his death as a consulting engineer.

Mr Inderjit Baruah was the man who challenged imposition of the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act in the State in 1981 when the oil blockade movement was at its peak during the Assam agitation. It was following his petition in the Gauhati High Court that the application of the Act was stayed.

With his passing away, country has lost a great son of the soil. The void left by him can never be filled.

With sadness

Alok Bhowmick

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:26 AM, alpa_sheth <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
            Dear All:

I just learnt of the sad news of the passing on of one of our oldest SEFI members, Er. Indrajit Baruah. He was a  brilliant structural engineer and a mentor to many engineers in Assam. He has designed all kinds of interesting projects form buildings to bridges. He wrote some wonderful, wise posts on SEFI.

I had the pleasure of meeting him on an Earthquake Reconnaissance trip about 6 years ago after many years of e-knowing him on SEFI.

best regards,
Alpa Sheth

Posted via Email
mallikarjunadasari
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

May his soul Rest in Peace.

On 29-Jun-2017 11:27 AM, "alpa_sheth" <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           Dear All: 

I just learnt of the sad news of the passing on of one of our oldest SEFI members, Er. Indrajit Baruah. He was a  brilliant structural engineer and a mentor to many engineers in Assam. He has designed all kinds of interesting projects form buildings to bridges. He wrote some wonderful, wise posts on SEFI. 

best regards,
Alpa Sheth

Posted via Email
Rabinder Shekher
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am shocked to read the sad news of Er Barua's death. Although I have not met him but through this platform I have read his almost all posts. He had been a beacon light for the problems and his posts has provided a knowledge base for many engineers. May God grant peace to the departed soul and give courage to the family to bear the loss. Sefi has a great loss in losing such engineer.
rnaidu2016
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

Dear SEFIANS,

It's a great loss.....may his soul rest in peace in heaven .....my deep felt condolences to all his family members ...
Regards,
RAMUDU NAIDU
DGM-P H E DIVISION

SEW Infrastructure Ltd.,
6-3-871,"SNEHALATA:

Green Lands Road,Begumpet,
Hyderabad-500016.
Telangana.,India.
Ph: 040 - 6630 0000 / 2340 2153 EXT:6042
Mob:09492439041

[quote]
- On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 11:56:49 +0530 forum@sefindia.org wrote -

Dear All,

It will take a long time for us to come to grips with this loss. My immediate thoughts and prayers are with Mr Baruah’s family and I offer them my deep condolences. May his soul rest in peace.

Most of us in this forum know him only as a renowned and brilliant Civil Engineer. Many of us are unaware of his political clout. Mr Indrajit Baruah was a leading ideologue of the Assam agitation as well as an architect of the Asom Gana Parishad (AGP).

He did his B Tech in Civil Engineering from the IIT Kharagpur in 1958. He was involved with the entire exercise of setting up the Gauhati Refinery right from its site selection up to commissioning. Then for a brief period, he served the Assam Government Construction Corporation and in 1975, he joined the Coca Cola company. When the Coca Cola company withdrew its operations from India following the installation of the Janata Party Government in 1977, Mr Baruah joined the Designers’ Guild, a firm he remained associated with till his death as a consulting engineer.

Mr Inderjit Baruah was the man who challenged imposition of the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act in the State in 1981 when the oil blockade movement was at its peak during the Assam agitation. It was following his petition in the Gauhati High Court that the application of the Act was stayed.

With his passing away, country has lost a great son of the soil. The void left by him can never be filled.

With sadness

Alok Bhowmick

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:26 AM, alpa_sheth forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org))> wrote:
--auto removed--

Posted via Email
samantony
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

RPI

Thanks and Best Regards
S.ANTONYSAMY  B.E. (Civil), M.E. (Struct.),

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

Disclaimer: 
This email is confidential and may be legally privileged; it is for use of the named recipient(s) only. If you have received it in error, please notify me immediately; please do not copy or disclose its contents to any person or body, and delete it from your computer systems.

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 8:56 AM, alpa_sheth <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           Dear All: 

best regards,
Alpa Sheth

Posted via Email
anand0
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

Dear All,

I true pray for his soul rest in peace.

SEFI will surely miss his posts.

My best regards,
Anand Shah - Director
DELF Consulting Engineers (India) Pvt Ltd
(ISO 9001:2008 Certified Company)
Tel: +91 79 26309993 / +91 9725005564
Fax: +91 79 26309992
Cell: +91 9879430400
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender - mailto: info@delfengineersindia.com (info@delfengineersindia.com). Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and do not necessarily coincide with those of DELF Consulting Engineers (India) Pvt Ltd.
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2017 11:27 AM
To: general@sefindia.org
Subject: [SEFI] Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua

Dear All:

I just learnt of the sad news of the passing on of one of our oldest SEFI members, Er. Indrajit Baruah. He was a brilliant structural engineer and a mentor to many engineers in Assam. He has designed all kinds of interesting projects form buildings to bridges. He wrote some wonderful, wise posts on SEFI.

best regards,
Alpa Sheth

Posted via Email
vaibhavgoyal2
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

Very sad to hear. may his soul RIP.I read many quotes of Mr.Indrajit barua on SEFI but couldn't get a chance to meet. But his demisal will leave one empty pit in the field of structural engineering which can never be filled.

Thanks nd regards

Vaibhav

On 29 Jun 2017 11:28, "alpa_sheth" <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           Dear All: 

best regards,
Alpa Sheth

Posted via Email
SHANTR9O
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

A great stalwart ....We will Miss Him !! Condolences to his Family . May His soul Rest in Peace.With PrayersShanthini.RFrom: "bsec" <forum@sefindia.org>Sent: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 11:57:09To: general@sefindia.orgSubject: [SEFI] Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit BaruaDear All,This is indeed shocking and terribly distressful news for all of us in SEFI. It will take a long time for us to come to grips with this loss. My immediate thoughts and prayers are with Mr Baruahâ&euro;&trade;s family and I offer them my deep condolences. May his soul rest in peace. Most of us in this forum know him only as a renowned and brilliant Civil Engineer. Many of us are unaware of his political clout. Mr Indrajit Baruah was a leading ideologue of the Assam agitation as well as an architect of the Asom Gana Parishad (AGP). He did his B Tech in Civil Engineering from the IIT Kharagpur in 1958. He was involved with the entire exercise of setting up the Gauhati Refinery right from its site selection up to commissioning. Then for a brief period, he served the Assam Government Construction Corporation and in 1975, he joined the Coca Cola company. When the Coca Cola company withdrew its operations from India following the installation of the Janata Party Government in 1977, Mr Baruah joined the Designersâ&euro;&trade; Guild, a firm he remained associated with till his death as a consulting engineer. Mr Inderjit Baruah was the man who challenged imposition of the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act in the State in 1981 when the oil blockade movement was at its peak during the Assam agitation. It was following his petition in the Gauhati High Court that the application of the Act was stayed. With his passing away, country has lost a great son of the soil. The void left by him can never be filled. With sadness Alok BhowmickOn Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:26 AM, alpa_sheth <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:                              --auto removed--

Posted via Email
rajesh_sharma
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

RIP Mr. Baruah

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:56 AM, bsec <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
[quote]            Dear All,

It will take a long time for us to come to grips with this loss. My immediate thoughts and prayers are with Mr Baruah’s family and I offer them my deep condolences. May his soul rest in peace.

He did his B Tech in Civil Engineering from the IIT Kharagpur in 1958. He was involved with the entire exercise of setting up the Gauhati Refinery right from its site selection up to commissioning.  Then for a brief period, he served the Assam Government Construction Corporation and in 1975, he joined the Coca Cola company. When the Coca Cola company withdrew its operations from India following the installation of the Janata Party Government in 1977, Mr Baruah joined the Designers’ Guild, a firm he remained associated with till his death as a consulting engineer.

With sadness

Alok Bhowmick

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:26 AM, alpa_sheth forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org))> wrote:
      --auto removed--

Posted via Email
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: