www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

 Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
chander.pawa
SEFI Member
SEFI Member


Joined: 11 Mar 2010
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

Very sad to hear the news, may god give him the eternal peace. Heartfelt condolences to the family. 

On Jun 29, 2017 11:57 AM, "bsec" <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:[quote]            Dear All,


This is indeed shocking and terribly distressful news for all of us in SEFI. 


It will take a long time for us to come to grips with this loss. My immediate thoughts and prayers are with Mr Baruah’s family and I offer them my deep condolences. May his soul rest in peace.
 
Most of us in this forum know him only as a renowned and brilliant Civil Engineer. Many of us are unaware of his political clout. Mr Indrajit Baruah was a leading ideologue of the Assam agitation as well as an architect of the Asom Gana Parishad (AGP).
 
He did his B Tech in Civil Engineering from the IIT Kharagpur in 1958. He was involved with the entire exercise of setting up the Gauhati Refinery right from its site selection up to commissioning.  Then for a brief period, he served the Assam Government Construction Corporation and in 1975, he joined the Coca Cola company. When the Coca Cola company withdrew its operations from India following the installation of the Janata Party Government in 1977, Mr Baruah joined the Designers’ Guild, a firm he remained associated with till his death as a consulting engineer.
 
Mr Inderjit Baruah was the man who challenged imposition of the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act in the State in 1981 when the oil blockade movement was at its peak during the Assam agitation. It was following his petition in the Gauhati High Court that the application of the Act was stayed.
 
With his passing away, country has lost a great son of the soil. The void left by him can never be filled.
 
With sadness
 
Alok Bhowmick

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:26 AM, alpa_sheth forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org))> wrote:
      --auto removed--

Posted via Email
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JB
SEFI Member
SEFI Member


Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

A Sad News.


May God Give his soul a rest in peace & Courage to his Family to bear the loss.



 
With  regards





R.K.Parmar  Business Head
RE-BAR COUPLERS INDIA(P)LIMITED

(An ISO 9001&14001 certified Company)
F-418, City Center, Uttorayon City, Siliguri -  Bengal - 734010-INDIA
+91 353-2576016 /17 Email:   (jbengineeringcorp@gmail.com)jbengineeringcorp@gmail.com (jbengineeringcorp@gmail.com;raj.parmar@re-barcouplersindia.com);  HO:10 A & B, 23,Industrial Area, Nangal Jarialan
 Distt. Una , Himachal Pradesh177212 INDIA

Telefax-01976-243105 www.jbengineeringcorporation.com;  we are  100% MAKE IN INDIA
























On 29 June 2017 at 11:26, alpa_sheth <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           Dear All: 


I just learnt of the sad news of the passing on of one of our oldest SEFI members, Er. Indrajit Baruah. He was a  brilliant structural engineer and a mentor to many engineers in Assam. He has designed all kinds of interesting projects form buildings to bridges. He wrote some wonderful, wise posts on SEFI. 


I had the pleasure of meeting him on an Earthquake Reconnaissance trip about 6 years ago after many years of e-knowing him on SEFI.


We will miss you, Mr Baruah. May your soul rest in peace.

best regards,
Alpa Sheth
     



     



Posted via Email
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
francis chacko
General Sponsor
General Sponsor


Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 84

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

My heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family.May His Soul rest in peace

Francis


On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:26 AM, alpa_sheth <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           Dear All: 


I just learnt of the sad news of the passing on of one of our oldest SEFI members, Er. Indrajit Baruah. He was a  brilliant structural engineer and a mentor to many engineers in Assam. He has designed all kinds of interesting projects form buildings to bridges. He wrote some wonderful, wise posts on SEFI. 


I had the pleasure of meeting him on an Earthquake Reconnaissance trip about 6 years ago after many years of e-knowing him on SEFI.


We will miss you, Mr Baruah. May your soul rest in peace.

best regards,
Alpa Sheth
     



     



Posted via Email
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ajit_patil1985
SEFI Member
SEFI Member


Joined: 04 Aug 2011
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

On Jun 29, 2017 11:57 AM, "bsec" <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:[quote]            Dear All,


This is indeed shocking and terribly distressful news for all of us in SEFI. 


It will take a long time for us to come to grips with this loss. My immediate thoughts and prayers are with Mr Baruah’s family and I offer them my deep condolences. May his soul rest in peace.
 
Most of us in this forum know him only as a renowned and brilliant Civil Engineer. Many of us are unaware of his political clout. Mr Indrajit Baruah was a leading ideologue of the Assam agitation as well as an architect of the Asom Gana Parishad (AGP).
 
He did his B Tech in Civil Engineering from the IIT Kharagpur in 1958. He was involved with the entire exercise of setting up the Gauhati Refinery right from its site selection up to commissioning.  Then for a brief period, he served the Assam Government Construction Corporation and in 1975, he joined the Coca Cola company. When the Coca Cola company withdrew its operations from India following the installation of the Janata Party Government in 1977, Mr Baruah joined the Designers’ Guild, a firm he remained associated with till his death as a consulting engineer.
 
Mr Inderjit Baruah was the man who challenged imposition of the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act in the State in 1981 when the oil blockade movement was at its peak during the Assam agitation. It was following his petition in the Gauhati High Court that the application of the Act was stayed.
 
With his passing away, country has lost a great son of the soil. The void left by him can never be filled.
 
With sadness
 
Alok Bhowmick

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:26 AM, alpa_sheth forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org))> wrote:
      --auto removed--

Posted via Email
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ajay2612
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars


Joined: 14 Oct 2013
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

This is indeed shocking and terribly distressful news for all of us in SEFI. RIP regards

From: "bsec"forum@sefindia.org
Sent:Thu, 29 Jun 2017 11:57:28 +0530
To: general@sefindia.org
Subject: [SEFI] Re: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua
           Dear All,
[quote]

This is indeed shocking and terribly distressful news for all of us in SEFI. 


It will take a long time for us to come to grips with this loss. My immediate thoughts and prayers are with Mr Baruah’s family and I offer them my deep condolences. May his soul rest in peace.
 
Most of us in this forum know him only as a renowned and brilliant Civil Engineer. Many of us are unaware of his political clout. Mr Indrajit Baruah was a leading ideologue of the Assam agitation as well as an architect of the Asom Gana Parishad (AGP).
 
He did his B Tech in Civil Engineering from the IIT Kharagpur in 1958. He was involved with the entire exercise of setting up the Gauhati Refinery right from its site selection up to commissioning.  Then for a brief period, he served the Assam Government Construction Corporation and in 1975, he joined the Coca Cola company. When the Coca Cola company withdrew its operations from India following the installation of the Janata Party Government in 1977, Mr Baruah joined the Designers’ Guild, a firm he remained associated with till his death as a consulting engineer.
 
Mr Inderjit Baruah was the man who challenged imposition of the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act in the State in 1981 when the oil blockade movement was at its peak during the Assam agitation. It was following his petition in the Gauhati High Court that the application of the Act was stayed.
 
With his passing away, country has lost a great son of the soil. The void left by him can never be filled.
 
With sadness
 
Alok Bhowmick

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:26 AM, alpa_sheth  wrote:
      --auto removed--

Posted via Email
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
u.mukesh
General Sponsor
General Sponsor


Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Posts: 98
Location: Delhi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

Hare Krishna May his soul rest in peace.


On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Rabinder Shekher <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           I am shocked to read the sad news of Er Barua's death. Although I have not met him but through this platform I have read his almost all posts. He had been a beacon light for the problems and his posts has provided a knowledge base for many engineers. May God grant peace to the departed soul and give courage to the family to bear the loss. Sefi has a great loss in losing such engineer.
     



     


Posted via Email
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jayant Lakhlani
General Sponsor
General Sponsor


Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Posts: 191
Location: Rajkot, Gujarat, India

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

It was shocking to hear the news about sad demise of Er. Barua. During initial years of SEFI, have had number of opportunities to deliberate on various issues with Er. Barua through this platform. It is hard to believe that from now on we will not be seeing posts signed with 'Indrajit Barua'.

May his soul rest in peace.

Jayant Lakhlani
For
Lakhlani Associates



From: Rabinder Shekher [mailto:forum@sefindia.org]
Sent: 29 June 2017 12:15
To: general@sefindia.org
Subject: [SEFI] Re: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua



I am shocked to read the sad news of Er Barua's death. Although I have not met him but through this platform I have read his almost all posts. He had been a beacon light for the problems and his posts has provided a knowledge base for many engineers. May God grant peace to the departed soul and give courage to the family to bear the loss. Sefi has a great loss in losing such engineer.

Posted via Email
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
vijayviju
SEFI Member
SEFI Member


Joined: 08 Feb 2011
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

i bow to pay homage to this great Engineer. Let us all try to be worthy of his legacy  On Jun 29, 2017 2:01 PM, "Rabinder Shekher" <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           I am shocked to read the sad news of Er Barua's death. Although I have not met him but through this platform I have read his almost all posts. He had been a beacon light for the problems and his posts has provided a knowledge base for many engineers. May God grant peace to the departed soul and give courage to the family to bear the loss. Sefi has a great loss in losing such engineer.
     



     


Posted via Email
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Surya Singh
SEFI Member
SEFI Member


Joined: 29 May 2016
Posts: 5
Location: Noida

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

I had gone through his many posts in forums and cleared my doubts as well. He was very calm and composed while  explaining the things. a great loss to Structural Engineering Community . May His Soul Rest In Peace. 




On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Rabinder Shekher <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           I am shocked to read the sad news of Er Barua's death. Although I have not met him but through this platform I have read his almost all posts. He had been a beacon light for the problems and his posts has provided a knowledge base for many engineers. May God grant peace to the departed soul and give courage to the family to bear the loss. Sefi has a great loss in losing such engineer.
     



     


Posted via Email
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nisit Kumar
SEFI Member
SEFI Member


Joined: 19 Aug 2012
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

May the soul rest in peace.



Er. Nisit Kr.


On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 5:32 PM, Jayant Lakhlani <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           It was shocking to hear the news about sad demise of Er. Barua. During initial years of SEFI, have had number of opportunities to deliberate on various issues with Er. Barua through this platform. It is hard to believe that from now on we will not be seeing posts signed with 'Indrajit Barua'.

May his soul rest in peace.

Jayant Lakhlani
For
Lakhlani Associates



From: Rabinder Shekher [mailto:forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)]
Sent: 29 June 2017 12:15
To: general@sefindia.org (general@sefindia.org)
Subject: [SEFI] Re: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua



I am shocked to read the sad news of Er Barua's death. Although I have not met him but through this platform I have read his almost all posts. He had been a beacon light for the problems and his posts has provided a knowledge base for many engineers. May God grant peace to the departed soul and give courage to the family to bear the loss. Sefi has a great loss in losing such engineer.
     



     



Posted via Email
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


© 2003, 2008 SEFINDIA, Indian Domain Registration
Publishing or acceptance of an advertisement is neither a guarantee nor endorsement of the advertiser's product or service. advertisement policy