www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Life story of a structural engineer : the book by Er. U H Varyani ji Reply with quote

Dear All,

I appreciate Er. Sanjeev for uploading the life storey of our Er. Varyaniji!
Though biographies are sometimes boring to read, there are several biographies written on people from several walks of life, and some of them are self written. If any one is interested in biographies, I suggest them to visit http://oedb.org/ilibrarian/75-biographies-to-read-before-you-die/   which lists 75 biographies of people in Arts, History, Literature, Politics, Science and Technology.

The biographies of political leaders have sold in millions! Though I have not read many books on biographies, I read a book on Einstein, my favorite researcher. I have also read a biography by our Mahathma Gandhi(a must read for everyone).
Biographies can help promote self discovery, help us learn from other people's ideas and mistakes, and allow us to see the world in a new way.

But you might note,from the above website as well others, that Er. Varyani's is the first biography of a structural engineer, as per my knowledge. I have read it, as he was kind enough to send a copy by post to USA! It is short but surely help you to see the life of a structural engineer from his perspective! Happy reading! I read it in one day. I wish to thank him for taking time to recollect his memory and writing it for the benefit of fellow engineers.
Warm regards
NS

admin wrote:
Dear All

In the fond memory of late Er. Indrajit Baruah, we are uploading a very relevant book, that is an interesting chronicle of life and times of a structural engineer.

Life story of a structural engineer : by Er. U. H. Varyani ji

This book was uploaded to this forum few years back, it is again being made available.  Many of you must already have read this.

Use the links on this message to download the pdf book or visit this page

http://www.sefindia.org/?q=node/714

With best regards

Admin
uhvaryani
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject: Topic:Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

Dear Sefians,    We all are shocked at the sad news of demise of my friend and classmate
Er.Indrajit Barua.I am grateful to Ers.Alpa Sheth,Sanjiv of Admin. andDr.Subramanian
for remembering me inthis context.He was of my age.I am going to be 81 years in age
on 3rd.July,2017.Only,a week before,I had a talk with him on the phone.He told me,he
was writing a book on bridges.We have many fond memories of him.We all will surely miss him a lot.
with best wishes and regards,
uhvaryani

Posted via Email
sangeeta_wij

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

Dear Mr Varyani
I have really fond memories of having worked with you during the Hedgevar Hospital review at Delhi, where I had the privilege of getting your book, duly autographed! As of now, I am going through your Story of a Structural Engineer, which I’ve downloaded from SEFI. We have always learned a lot from stalwarts like you and will cherish these memories.

Wish you a long innings and best of health always!

Best Regards
Sangeeta Wij

Sent: 30 June 2017 21:28
To: general@sefindia.org
Subject: [SEFI] Re: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua

Dear Sefians, We all are shocked at the sad news of demise of my friend and classmate
Er.Indrajit Barua.I am grateful to Ers.Alpa Sheth,Sanjiv of Admin. andDr.Subramanian
for remembering me inthis context.He was of my age.I am going to be 81 years in age
on 3rd.July,2017.Only,a week before,I had a talk with him on the phone.He told me,he
was writing a book on bridges.We have many fond memories of him.We all will surely miss him a lot.
uhvaryani

Posted via Email
SATYAPAUL
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

dear U.H.VIRYANI, AGE IS NOT COUNTED IN YEARS.WITH GRACE OF GOD YOU WILL 92 YEARS. BELIEVE IN MY WORDS. REGARDS SATYA PAUL On Sat, 01 Jul 2017 10:58:31 +0530 "uhvaryani"  wrote >                   Dear Sefians,    We all are shocked at the sad news of demise of my friend and classmate > Er.Indrajit Barua.I am grateful to Ers.Alpa Sheth,Sanjiv of Admin. andDr.Subramanian > for remembering me inthis context.He was of my age.I am going to be 81 years in age > on 3rd.July,2017.Only,a week before,I had a talk with him on the phone.He told me,he > was writing a book on bridges.We have many fond memories of him.We all will surely miss him a lot. > with best wishes and regards, > uhvaryani >       > >  >  > --

Posted via Email
Murali.Guruvappan
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

Dear All,

It's shocking news but equally inspiring to realize the contributions/passion at age 80!, remarkable journey and suggest seniors (who were close friends/ practiced together ) to write a short book /article, which would act as a catalyst to many of our young engineers. Senior Indrajit Barua certainly lives in our time and forever as an inspirational Structural Engineer 

Regards 
M

On Saturday, July 1, 2017, uhvaryani <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           Dear Sefians,    We all are shocked at the sad news of demise of my friend and classmate
uhvaryani

Posted via Email
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Many More Happy Returns of the Day Sir Reply with quote

Dear Er Varyani,

Wish you a wonderful 81st  birthday Sir! May God Bless you with wonderful health, happiness, joy and prosperity!

Seek your blessings!

Warm regards,
Subramanian

uhvaryani wrote:
Dear Sefians,    We all are shocked at the sad news of demise of my friend and classmate
uhvaryani

Posted via Email
N. Prabhakar
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sefians,

Very sad to hear the shocking news about the demise of our senior member Er. Indrajit Barua.  My heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family.  May his Soul rest in peace.

Yours truly,

M. Prabhakar
spsvasan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

alpa_sheth wrote:
Dear All:

I just learnt of the sad news of the passing on of one of our oldest SEFI members, Er. Indrajit Baruah. He was a  brilliant structural engineer and a mentor to many engineers in Assam. He has designed all kinds of interesting projects form buildings to bridges. He wrote some wonderful, wise posts on SEFI.

I had the pleasure of meeting him on an Earthquake Reconnaissance trip about 6 years ago after many years of e-knowing him on SEFI.

We will miss you, Mr Baruah. May your soul rest in peace.

best regards,
Alpa Sheth

Posted via Email

Dear All

My sincere condolences to the near and dear of Mr.Barua.

May his Soul rest in peace

S.P.Srinivasan
SATYAPAUL
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

shri varyani ji, shift to dry climate area.avoid rainy season of Mumbai.IF YOU SEND ME THE SYMPTOMS,THEN I WILL CONSULT  MY FRIEND HOMEOPATHIC M.D DOCTOR having 45 years experience.although i know homeopathy,but always give  weight age to professional qualified doctor. regards satya pal email spgc@rediffmail.com  On Sat, 01 Jul 2017 10:58:31 +0530 "uhvaryani"  wrote >                   Dear Sefians,    We all are shocked at the sad news of demise of my friend and classmate > Er.Indrajit Barua.I am grateful to Ers.Alpa Sheth,Sanjiv of Admin. andDr.Subramanian > for remembering me inthis context.He was of my age.I am going to be 81 years in age > on 3rd.July,2017.Only,a week before,I had a talk with him on the phone.He told me,he > was writing a book on bridges.We have many fond memories of him.We all will surely miss him a lot. > with best wishes and regards, > uhvaryani >       > >  >  > --

Posted via Email
revanwaghode
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua Reply with quote

Dear Sefians,A great structural engineer and knowledge bank to juniors like me is no more....May his soul rest in piece ðŸ™.
Though he will not be here physically but his thoughts are immortal and will always keep on encouraging us.

Regards
Abhay Waghode

On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 8:31 AM, sangeeta_wij <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           Dear Mr Varyani
I have really fond memories of having worked with you during the Hedgevar Hospital review at Delhi, where I had the privilege of getting your book, duly autographed! As of now, I am going through your Story of a Structural Engineer, which I’ve downloaded from SEFI. We have always learned a lot from stalwarts like you and will cherish these memories.

Wish you a long innings and best of health always!

Best Regards
Sangeeta Wij

From: uhvaryani [mailto:forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)]
Sent: 30 June 2017 21:28
To: general@sefindia.org (general@sefindia.org)
Subject: [SEFI] Re: Sad News- Demise of Senior SEFI Member Indrajit Barua

Dear Sefians, We all are shocked at the sad news of demise of my friend and classmate
uhvaryani

Posted via Email
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: