www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

USE OF BAMBOO IN REPLACMENT OF REINFORCEMNT

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noor ul haq
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject: USE OF BAMBOO IN REPLACMENT OF REINFORCEMNT Reply with quote

Hello Sefians

I have found something interesting , which could be an emerging change in the field of construction industry .

please find the link below

https://theconstructor.org/structural-engg/bamboo-reinforced-concrete-mix-design-construction/15054/?utm_source=pushengage&utm_medium=push_notification&utm_campaign=pushengage

Need Expert advice on this .
spsvasan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: USE OF BAMBOO IN REPLACMENT OF REINFORCEMNT Reply with quote

Noor ul haq wrote:
Hello Sefians

I have found something interesting , which could be an emerging change in the field of construction industry .

please find the link below

https://theconstructor.org/structural-engg/bamboo-reinforced-concrete-mix-design-construction/15054/?utm_source=pushengage&utm_medium=push_notification&utm_campaign=pushengage

Need Expert advice on this .

Dear Er.Noor ul Haq

I am not an expert in bamboo reinforced concrete.

I believe CBRI constructed an experimental bamboo reinforced slab in the early sixties.

While bamboo reinforced concrete is technically feasible, it should be noted that bamboo strength varies from species to species.

Even in the same species, the age at which bamboo was cut influences the strength.

Even within the same age, the season in which bamboo is cut also affects strength

In addition, the durability of a bamboo reinforced structural element depends upon the efficacy of waterproofing treatment given to the bamboo strip reinforcement

Hence, I believe, much more experimental investigations are required before bamboo reinforced concrete can be adopted in the field

S.P.Srinivasan
spsvasan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Er.Noor ul Haq

I observed that BIS has issued document CED 13 for comments.

This document deals with bamboo as a structural material and includes clauses on bamboo as reinforcement for concrete

Hence an IS code can be expected soon [?]

S.P.Srinivasan
B.V.Harsoda
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already listed Draft for Comment at Below link:

https://www.sefindia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6604&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=620

BIS Draft for comments:

Structural Design using Bamboo - Code of Practice (First Revision of IS 15912) ICS 91.080.20

http://www.bis.org.in/sf/ced/CED13(11987)_15092017.pdf
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: