www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Field Engineering Talks on FB and Others
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 278, 279, 280 ... 285, 286, 287  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suraj
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 11:05 am    Post subject: Field Engineering FacilitiesPetrochemicals+General+Concrete+Quality+Coordination+Engineering discipline Reply with quote

World
Buildings Practice Facilities Plants/Petrochemicals Onshore
For Concrete Durability- Supplementary Cementing Materials SCMs
Chapter 4
https://www.facebook.com/pesuraj/posts/pfbid0MF4jG7iJvX7c32Wcijzfw1efFTFukVHMxisBzvbWJEkyYX3oUprFsDjAqVZzZv9Tl Part 2
suraj
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 11:16 am    Post subject: Field Engineering FacilitiesPetrochemicals+General+Concrete+Quality+Coordination+Engineering discipline Reply with quote

World
Chapter 4
https://www.facebook.com/pesuraj/posts/pfbid02LpVUfHzrcF4fEBuSVXN8ioM2YzomgPu21njzQiAxgLmeEz4u6owqY8PSxYRHLJwWl Part 3
suraj
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 11:20 am    Post subject: Field Engineering FacilitiesPetrochemicals+General+Concrete+Quality+Coordination+Engineering discipline Reply with quote

World
Chapter 4
https://www.facebook.com/pesuraj/posts/pfbid02gZZSoW2vQCHqAx97s4Akt7QinphDD9ZBr8qTo9S3oR1w4QPvHDw3A9PKHAobWD2Cl Part 4
suraj
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 11:47 pm    Post subject: Field Engineering FacilitiesPetrochemicals+General+Concrete+Quality+Coordination+Engineering discipline Reply with quote

1 Hour/s 25 Minutes Videos-ScreenShare
18.05.2022- Works Real Quality+Coordination Must+Engineering Way+Projects Designs,EPC Contracts+Reliable Engineers+Improve Communication+Concrete Specifications+Civil+Safety+Methods+Disputes,What We Do?Talk 770
https://www.facebook.com/100000185425294/videos/728045255046512
vikram.jeet
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Request Suraj saheb to continue yr good work . Design alone is not enough - this realisation comes  when designer visits sites and see for himself  that details given are not fully followed , No Quality conscience , Factor of Safety mania causing careless attitude at field level .

There need to continued reminding of Quality  so that Young Engineers (as also veterans like me) realize , that efforts from all quarters , be it Soil engineer , structural designer , execution team from top to bottom can only produce Quality works . Laxity at any stage wil drift from common goal.
vikram.jeet
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Suraj Saheb ,

Not finding yr posting on sefi , kindly keep guiding yr followers including myself.

Sefi is 26000 plus forum and need yr day to day presence on sefi and being a lion hearted technocrat , my request is to continue yr serial postings with time to time updates without giving cognizance to view of  very few.

Sefi admin is all competent to address some concern raised by member of which he has right to express , but yr 3.50 lakh plus view followers are also there on other side of hill to read yr esteemed postings.

With due regards
Yours sincerely
Vikramjeet
suraj
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 12:28 pm    Post subject: Field Engineering+Quality+Coordination Reply with quote

Eng Vikram Sahib
Field Engineering+Quality+Coordination
Thanks for your concern for me & for forum.
It is well known that you are  life long learned engineer & must have seen many changing scenarios of developments throughout
It is also, well understood that Engineers are formally called Change Agents, but rather than changing scenario of society, it seems that engineers have changed themselves from viewpoint of learning
All know well that nation depends of development & development means top development in civil engineering including structures
But, currently & during recent scenario, it has been observed that software has taken over engineering & manual engineering has died, which means that real engineering has died
I still remember those days herein & overseas, when used to do design of structures completely manually, but now mental work has been lost. Minds have been brought to status of standstill like stagnant waters
Budding engineers do not even try to do self work, but immediately jump over to raising questions, as if one must have answer immediately, whether or not, it could be reliable
This forum does not understand value of Quality & Coordination, without which, you know well that no engineering activity can be done
You are right that Lakhs views have been recorded, yet except you, no one has raised any question, which means that those viewers only download & keep for records, rather than analysing contents for questioning
When I started these types of informative posting, I thought to help change national scenario, because I had got success overseas & helped many nationalities to an extent Quality & Coordination are concerned
Only, those who value work & future of structures can rely & excel in quality or else, it is all doldrum
Those, who are not willing, no one can guide them
I now realise that Arabs, UK, Pakistanis, Far Eastern & many others value quality & coordination, while we Bharat Wasis just sleep on these supporting engineering domains
Bharat India can never ever attain quality standards at all & whosoever goes to work overseas in quality requiring nations shall be thrashed
I still remember my stories that I encountered with top world engineers, pertinent quality issues
I could understand what is meaning of multi discipline approach, which does not permit discipline engineer to be just work like butterfly only
One has to learn all aspects of inter discipline coordination or else, structures do not mean anything
Structural designs is a part of structures, but many other aspects are also, required, which Bharat Engineers have neglected absolutely
I think that it is waste of time to awaken those, who have been sleeping like KumbKaran
No other person has questioned me, except you suggest that I should continue
This means these workers in engineering do not have any interest
They shall realise only, when they are stumbled in profession
Let us wait about public response
vikram.jeet
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Field Engineering+Quality+Coordination Reply with quote

Respected Sir ,

Your presence on sefi gives strength to Civil Engineers . It also gives a sort of consolation to all structural designers that there is some one ,vocal , who cares and  guide sincerely  for  fulfillment of paper design into quality standing product  by reminding on day to day basis. The factor of safety - mania has gripped engineers every where which is root cause of LAXITY . Engineers at field level need to be educated about this mis-impression .

I request to kindly continue yr mission of QUALITY CONCIENCE.
Best regards

suraj wrote:
Eng Vikram Sahib
Field Engineering+Quality+Coordination
Thanks for your concern for me & for forum.
It is well known that you are  life long learned engineer & must have seen many changing scenarios of developments throughout
It is also, well understood that Engineers are formally called Change Agents, but rather than changing scenario of society, it seems that engineers have changed themselves from viewpoint of learning
All know well that nation depends of development & development means top development in civil engineering including structures
But, currently & during recent scenario, it has been observed that software has taken over engineering & manual engineering has died, which means that real engineering has died
I still remember those days herein & overseas, when used to do design of structures completely manually, but now mental work has been lost. Minds have been brought to status of standstill like stagnant waters
Budding engineers do not even try to do self work, but immediately jump over to raising questions, as if one must have answer immediately, whether or not, it could be reliable
This forum does not understand value of Quality & Coordination, without which, you know well that no engineering activity can be done
You are right that Lakhs views have been recorded, yet except you, no one has raised any question, which means that those viewers only download & keep for records, rather than analysing contents for questioning
When I started these types of informative posting, I thought to help change national scenario, because I had got success overseas & helped many nationalities to an extent Quality & Coordination are concerned
Only, those who value work & future of structures can rely & excel in quality or else, it is all doldrum
Those, who are not willing, no one can guide them
I now realise that Arabs, UK, Pakistanis, Far Eastern & many others value quality & coordination, while we Bharat Wasis just sleep on these supporting engineering domains
Bharat India can never ever attain quality standards at all & whosoever goes to work overseas in quality requiring nations shall be thrashed
I still remember my stories that I encountered with top world engineers, pertinent quality issues
I could understand what is meaning of multi discipline approach, which does not permit discipline engineer to be just work like butterfly only
One has to learn all aspects of inter discipline coordination or else, structures do not mean anything
Structural designs is a part of structures, but many other aspects are also, required, which Bharat Engineers have neglected absolutely
I think that it is waste of time to awaken those, who have been sleeping like KumbKaran
No other person has questioned me, except you suggest that I should continue
This means these workers in engineering do not have any interest
They shall realise only, when they are stumbled in profession
Let us wait about public response
vikram.jeet
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have appealed thru my posts to Sh Suraj Sir requesting him to  continue serial posting s.

Dear Suraj saheb , my thinking is , so long as  sefi admin is comfortable , there is no need for getting discouraged , being a hardened and lion hearted technocrat.  It is a social service and we on sefi do not write for any favors/returns . Sharing knowledge and experience , devoting time for new generation engineers without any expectation/gain is also thru divine grace.

Concluding Just on poetic note :
Pilaa pilaa ke giraanaa to sabko aata hay ,

Mazaa to tab hay ke girton ko thaam le saaki

Trying to translate :
By giving more and more drinks , all want to see one to fall
It will be more pleasing if  , o Cup Bearer , you support those , about to fall.

I think  we are clear in our role to support.
suraj
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 12:30 am    Post subject: Pious intention about social service Reply with quote

Eng Vikram Sahib
I realise your pious intention about social service
My intention was not just to do social service, but to improve nation, yet it looks all imaginary, currently
If engineers can abuse 'Factor of Safety' & there exists no one out of many thousands elite engineers, who would teach & dispute these compromising engineers
It is felt that engineering has become just a route to enter into other fields
I tried to do my best to everyone & not only engineers, but also general public, yet it is distant that quality could be destined in this land
When no Will exist no way is seen in vistas
It seems that forum must have certain power to press engineers to do per engineering requirements, without being swayed by commercial people, but that talk does not exist
Deviation from FOS can be counted a criminalised act
Even certain of my posts are not being included on daily publication
I do not care about what for forum in its entirety
And, Structural Engineer minus Quality means nothing rather a wastage
Nevertheless, I have been continuing my work on FB, linked to Linkedin
I had stopped using this forum for detailing & shifted to FB for public, whereas, only links used to Sefi
Later, when many links are ready, I may use those posts to be published on sefi
It is up to Engineers, whether they are Bhakts or they are real Engineers
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 278, 279, 280 ... 285, 286, 287  Next
Page 279 of 287

Jump to: