www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Not Recieving certain posts as mail

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akbar.civil
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Not Recieving certain posts as mail Reply with quote

Dear Admin,

Firstly I would like to thank all those who have worked behind this SEFI website. It is indeed a great forum for structural engineers in India.

I am not recieving all the posts that are posted in this site in my mail inbox. I am recieving most of them but ocassionally when I enter the SEFI site and browse through the forums I find that there are few posts which I don't remember having recieved in my Inbox. Please clarify.

Regards,
Akbar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: No Receipt of Certain Posts Reply with quote

Hi

Some posts may not get through mailing list because of one or the following reasons.

1. Spam Filtering
2. Single Line posts
3. Thank you Messages
4. Messaging bearing exposed email addresses.
5. Messages bearing too many external links
6. Messages received at a time when Server Load was high.
7. Where the message contains a long privacy disclaimers/confidentiality warnings, make sure email sent here should be PUBLIC and doesnt bear any privacy disclaimers/warnings.

Rather than dicarding such messages, those become part of mailing lists than sending "a Thanks you for your mail" message to SEFI members >2500 in number.

2ndy

Yahoo,HOTMAIL,MSN and some other free email providers occasionally reject SEFI messages due to its high volume. If you use such prefer using Gmail or any better services.

In case still problems, a good option wll be subscribe for Digests

http://www.sefindia.org/forum/digests.php

Digests will make sure you get all messages in single mail apart from getting each mail that conforms to standards.

All the best regards

Sanjeev K[/code]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: