www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

[Announcement] Appeal to Contribute
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Official Announcements Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: [Announcement] Appeal to Contribute Reply with quote

Dear All:

We appreciate the positive response we have received from many of you regarding the new look and feel of SEFI. A lot of effort, time and resources have gone into it. We are glad that it shows. Hosting and maintenance of this site is expensive. A list with 5000+ members requires a lot of memory and storage requirements. The constant upgrade and dynamic nature of the website  requires high day to day maintenance.

Every trimester we are in an uncomfortable position when we have to pay out the quarterly charges. We quite simply do not have adequate resources and scramble to one of the diamond subscribers for a bailout.  This is  not a sustainable state of affairs.  We need SEFI members to take ownership of SEFI.

We therefore suggest a min annual contribution  of  Rs 500/- per SEFI member to ensure sustenance of site in its present state and room  for SEFI to grow further.

We hate to say this but we may be constrained to hold induction of new members due to space limitations and severe liquidity crunch which does not allow us to augment the site nor maintain it. We may  also further need to restrict certain privileges to donating members only from  January 1, 2010 if the finance situation does not improve.

Your cooperation is solicited to ensure that we do not have to take measures we would not like to. The details for donating to SEFI are as under:

Sponsorship categories:

* Diamond Category Sponsors - (Rs 20,000 per year)
    * Gold Category Sponsors (Rs 10,000 per year)
    * Silver Category Sponsors (Rs 5,000 per year)
    * Bronze Category Sponsors (Rs 2,500 per year)
    * General Category Sponsors (Rs 500 to 2499/- per year)

Sponsorships can be sent via crossed cheque/DD to

Structural Engineers Forum of India
C/o VMS Consultants Pvt Ltd.,
4 Jorawar Bhavan
93 Maharshi Karve Rd
Mumbai 400 020

You can also send contributions electronically via Bank Accounts of most Internet Enabled Banks (Core Banking) using NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer/Epayment). Electronic Payment Procedure is explained here (A demonstration of steps given here) . http://www.sefindia.org/donate

Key Information Needed for Electronic Transfer using Bank Accounts/Internet Banking [NEFT]:
Account No.       :               92110010002415
Account Holder :             STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS FORUM OF INDIA
Bank Name         :           Industrial Development Bank of India Limited [IDBI Bank]
IFSC Code            :          IBKL0000454 (if you Directly Put IFSC code then no need for branch address)
Bank Branch Address:     Dadar East 14 Branch 19/A, Rajaram Estate, 1st Floor Naigaum Cross Road, Mumbai – 400 014.
(In Branch list of IDBI it will appear as DADAR 14)
Regd. Address of SEFI : STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS FORUM OF INDIA
Door/Street (Address1):   312 APEEJAY HOUSE MUMBAI SAMACHAR MARG
Locality/City (Address2):  FORT MUMBAI
State and PIN Codes(Address3) : Maharashtra 400 023

(This address is to be used for adding SEFI as beneficiary in NEFT details in your bank account to conduct bank transfer. Do not use this for for check/DD. Checks DD should be sent to first address provided above.)

Please send transaction details to contributions@sefindia.org (contributions@sefindia.org)  and not to general@sefindia.org (general@sefindia.org) so that we can record the transaction and issue 80G receipts as the all donations are eligible for tax exemption under 80G of IT act,  and publish the donor list on public forum. Any questions and doubts should be addressed to contributions@sefindia.org (contributions@sefindia.org)

Best regards,
SEFI Admin

Posted via Email

Last edited by admin on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thankful People
1 user(s) is/are thankful for this post.
shiven2004

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: we should contribute Reply with quote

dear safians

i feel very ecastic after knowing that sefi membership cost is free of cost .....

but it is rara and we all should contribute and atleast we should try to become general sponser of this organisation

and i also want information from admin that how to pay fees to forum
Rabinder Shekher
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Shiven
I am thankful to u and like minded people who think in such a way. Sefi will flourish only with the funds and not one but all must contribute for its existnce only then we sefians will be able to interact. The procedure for contributing sefi is given by the admin very clearly and it is also posted here up. Plseae go through the procedure and contribute. U can contribute by DD, Payee cheque or through e-payment
With Regards
Rabinder
er_Skv
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: appeal Reply with quote

It is my belief that SEFI need not have to charge any fee for the sake of newcomer in the field of Civil Engineering. Either it must be through self motivation towards the Forum or through sale of Nicely Edited Forum discussion publication to libraries of different member Engineering colleges or members of Engineering colleges. As far as my knowledge is concerned every Government grants good amount for purchase of Books and publications to Engineering Colleges. I will contribute to my best each year and same can be done by every registered members also but SEFI must not rely on only this fund as well.
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: appeal Reply with quote

Hi Er SKV,

A contribution of Rs. 1000 (I am not sure about the min. amount) per year
(< Rs. 100 per month)is nothing compared to the benefits you get. Consider is as attending a technical seminar.

Publishing books and selling them is a separate business, for which SEFI may not have resources.

Best wishes,
Subramanian
er_Skv wrote:
It is my belief that SEFI need not have to charge any fee for the sake of newcomer in the field of Civil Engineering. Either it must be through self motivation towards the Forum or through sale of Nicely Edited Forum discussion publication to libraries of different member Engineering colleges or members of Engineering colleges. As far as my knowledge is concerned every Government grants good amount for purchase of Books and publications to Engineering Colleges. I will contribute to my best each year and same can be done by every registered members also but SEFI must not rely on only this fund as well.
jeet_singh23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Contribution to SEFI Reply with quote

Hi,
I think that charging a nominal (minimal) fee should be good idea to keep upto pace with developments and information being shared on this board.

SEFI shutting down due to fund shortage should be the last thing to ever happen !!! (Just kidding)

Just one thing, fund transfer provision and application form etc should be made online to save the administrative costs, paperwork storage and efforts of so many people.

Thanks.
shiven2004

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: please make arrangement to pay by credit cards also Reply with quote

dear administrator

please make some arrangement that member can pay through credit card. it will really help people to become  genera sponsar
sukanta.adhikari
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: [Announcement] Appeal to Contribute Reply with quote

Dear SEFI Admin,

Its my ardent request to make some arrangement to pay by credit card....which is convinient for us....as I also want to contribute for the forum from which I am learning a lot.

Regards,
S.adhikari

On 1/18/10, shiven2004 <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
  dear administrator

please make some arrangement that member can pay through credit card. it will really help people to become genera sponsar

Posted via Email
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sefians,

We are considering CCavenue Payment system allowing all Cards/Debit/ATM cards and Net Banking , just like IRCTC, Yatra, MakeMyTrip payment system.

We will announce when its ready. Thanks for all your support.

Regards

Sanjeev
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shiven2004

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear admin
thanks for your work of updating payment mode ...as IRCTC  please make it fast so that we can enjoy intraction as sefi general sponser and
it will be also provide a proud filling that we are able to contribute to that organisation which is able to provide us very useful informations ....

thanks
regards
shivendra kumar
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Official Announcements Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: