www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Software for beam detailing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Speak Out Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
structwel
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Software for beam detailing Reply with quote

Dear All,

I have a problem, which I guess everyone has faced at one point or the other.
I am finding that detailing beams and generating Layout and LS, is becoming too cumbersome, and is eating into my time as well as my draftsmen time. We are currently doing it manually and using autocad.
I did a search to find out about detailing software, which can detail the columns, slabs, beams etc. and also happens to be within my meagre budget.
I came across a software named "Arc Bds", which seems to be doing only beam detailing and not anything else. Tried contacting the people, but they are giving vague answers and are not quoting the price. Also their website is not of much help.

I want to know:

1. What are the detailing packages available, currently, that will help me in the above?
  2. What are the prices?
  3. How does "Arc Bds" work? What is it's price?
  4. Also heard of RCDC, can anyone tell me how good it is and wheather it is useful for detailing(i heard it gives only schedules)?
Thank you all in advance.
jagadeshkannan
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear sefian,

For detailing,

AUTOCAD structural detailing 2010 software will be good,

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?id=12189178&siteID=123112 .

JK
mlnrao
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Software for beam detailing Reply with quote

you can try auto lisp or there is software available rbds from http://www.zaxises.com
Subject: [SEFI] Software for beam detailing
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 11:01:54 +0530
To: general@sefindia.org

--  Dear All,

I am finding that detailing beams and generating Layout and LS, is becoming too cumbersome, and is eating into my time as well as my draftsmen time. We are currently doing it manually and using autocad.
I did a search to find out about detailing software, which can detail the columns, slabs, beams etc. and also happens to be within my meagre budget.
I came across a software named "Arc Bds", which seems to be doing only beam detailing and not anything else. Tried contacting the people, but they are giving vague answers and are not quoting the price. Also their website is not of much help.

I want to know:

1. What are the detailing packages available, currently, that will help me in the above?
  2. What are the prices?
  4. Also heard of RCDC, can anyone tell me how good it is and wheather it is useful for detailing(i heard it gives only schedules)?

All the post budget analysis and implications Sign up now.

Posted via Email
badamsundararao

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Software for beam detailing Reply with quote

structwel wrote:
Dear All,

I want to know:

2. What are the prices?
structwel
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Detailing Software Reply with quote

Dear JK,

Thank you for your reply. I checked the link provided. The software is a part of "AutoCad Revit Str.Suite" and it costs in excess of 2lakhs.

I think it will be very good, but I am unable to afford that.
I heard from another forum member that RCDC and ARC BDS are lesser priced. Especially the ARC BDS seems to cost around rs.30000/-, and also seems to be compatible in taking layout and reinforcements from Staad.

Can you please help?
chakravarthy
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: ArC BDS Reply with quote

Dear sir,
one month before i interacted with ARC BDS team for their product promotion. They sent me some details which may will help u. Iam attaching that for your information.

with regards,
chakravarthy.

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.
ARC BDS.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ARC BDS.rar
 Filesize:  272.47 KB
 Downloaded:  2148 Time(s)

Sajit Nair
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

This is Sajit from S-cube Technologies, the creators of RCDC. This will be the solution that should help you design and cerate detailed working drawings form files analysed in STAAD or E-tabs.

I would like to direct you to the web site www.s-cube.in to get information about the product.
someshwar ganti
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: ARC BDS SOFTWARE Reply with quote

there is also a Freeware of the program that will generate RCC Beam LS for 3 rows and with max of 3 spans. that  software can be downloaded from the page link below.

http://www.zaxises.com/ArcBds/Freeware/ARCBDSFreeware.msi

or visit

http://www.zaxises.com/rcbeamdetailer.htm
<Session>

<Session>

Last edited by someshwar ganti on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:41 am; edited 2 times in total
structwel
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Thank You All Reply with quote

Dear Sefians,

I am sorry for not being able to mail earlier. Thank you all, for having been able to help me. I am really delighted that this forum really helps and I have got answers to my problems.
To update you all, I have used the free version of ARC BDS, and am really pleased.
Mr. someswar ganti, tahnk you for your help and also to all other sefians. Mr. Chakravarthy also has been of help to initiate the talks with mr. someshwar.

Thank you all once again. Any more problems or queries I face, will surely come up here again, and hope to receive all your help. This forum has been of immense help to me and many small timers like us.

Rgds
nazeer
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: design and detailing software to IS codes Reply with quote

There is a software called "Nucleus 3d" developed to Indian codes.

It performes analysis, design and detailing and also does estimate the quantities.

Detailed dwgs are highly professional.

log on to : www.scadds.com to know more about it

N. Nazeer
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Speak Out Box All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: