www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Footing design

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mofizahmed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Footing design Reply with quote

To all SEFIAN

I m at the final stage of project,I need to design a footing for the column.here is the data.

Pu = 3946.26 KN
M2u = 88.556 KNm
M3u = 100.235 KNm
as per the ENVELOP value obtained from E-tab 9.5 analysis

Size of column = 600x300 mm (as per the orientation of column )

SBC = 400 KN/m2  

( I don't have actual SBC of the place,when I asked the Project manager and the Site engg. of the place ,they just said that they don't remember.....and they didn't even gave me the rough idea about the SBC of the place.
For design purpose I assumed it to be 400 KN/m2.
Some one told me to use 1200 tons/m2 ........don't know what to do.
The site is at Gatchibowli , HYDERABAD ,INDIA.IF ANY ONE OF YOU PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THE SBC OF THE PLACE MENTIONed,THEN DO INFORM ME quickly)

Now the problem is that when I m designing the rectangular footing, I m getting area of about 2.5x5 m (approx ) and depth more than 1900 mm (using one way shear method) ,assuming the footing to be of uniform depth.

I want to know Does such large depth footings are provided for just G+9 storey building.

Please reply soon
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by mofizahmed on Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Message subjects like [ URGENT very URGENT ]  is considered shouting and unprofessional on forum.
Best wishes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mofizahmed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry,but i really need this problem to be solved.Though it is really URGENT ,but as you said,I have removed the word "URGENT" from the subject of this post.
suraj
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Footing? Reply with quote

Footing?<xml><o></o>

Please post such question on discussion forum.<o></o>

<o></o>

Without reports pertaining SBC & other definite parameters, it is senseless to think of even designing any such foundation for a nine storey building.<o></o>

Building construction requires patience & sense together.<o></o>

Have soil investigated properly even at the cost of time loss of construction.<o></o>

Regards<o></o>

<o> </o>

sukanta.adhikari
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Footing design Reply with quote

Firstly SBC of 1200ton/sq m seems to be to very unrealistic....
Please check the support reaction since u r getting almost 394 ton in a column ...which is a general case for industrial building ..but not for residential...i dont  know what type of building u r dealing with...if it is residential it is high...and in case of industrial building footing size of 2.5mx5m is not large...

1.9m founding level is not unrealistic...however one can decide the founding level once one  has the soil report and accordingly at what level one is able to get this value.

Hope this helps..

Regards,
S.Adhikari

mofizahmed wrote:
To all SEFIAN

I m at the final stage of project,I need to design a footing for the column.here is the data.

Pu = 3946.26 KN
M2u = 88.556 KNm
M3u = 100.235 KNm

SBC = 400 KN/m2  

( I don't have actual SBC of the place,when I asked the Project manager and the Site engg. of the place ,they just said that they don't remember.....and they didn't even gave me the rough idea about the SBC of the place.
The site is at Gatchibowli , HYDERABAD ,INDIA.IF ANY ONE OF YOU PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THE SBC OF THE PLACE MENTIONed,THEN DO INFORM ME quickly)

Now the problem is that when I m designing the rectangular footing, I m getting area of about 2.5x5 m (approx ) and depth more than 1900 mm (using one way shear method) ,assuming the footing to be of uniform depth.

I want to know Does such large depth footings are provided for just G+9 storey building.

Please reply soon
Thanks in advance.
mks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Footing design Reply with quote

You can go for square footing of size 3.5m x 3.5m for the given loading and SBC. By doing this you can manage the footing with reduced depth. You can also provide the more steel in the footing and take the advantage of steel in depth based on the shear point of view. But  considering 400 KN/m2 SBC without Geo-technical investigation report is seems to be in higher side.

Secondly your coln size 600 x 300 is also seems to be inadequate for the given loading  for M25 to M30 Grade of concrete. However you have not mentioned the grade of concrete.

Hence please re check the analysis and insist for soil testing report for realistic design.

Mihtilesh

mofizahmed wrote:
To all SEFIAN

Pu = 3946.26 KN
M2u = 88.556 KNm
M3u = 100.235 KNm

SBC = 400 KN/m2  

Please reply soon
Thanks in advance.
akjhacpwd
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friend
                    Are the values of Pu and Mus of a single load condition or the values are the maximum ones coming out of different load cases? Plz provide  unfactored values for following load cases ; (1) DL+LL  (2) DL+ EQx (3) DL- EQx (4) DL + EQz (5) DL- EQz

Plz also mention , FCk and Fy.

Whether you are using a foundation / tie / plinth beam and at what level ?

Regards
A K JHA
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: