www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Software Development (Open Source)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Open Source Software Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dipakdgaikwad

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Software Development (Open Source) Reply with quote

Not able to open !
Will you please send it to dipakdgaikwd@gmail.com!
Thanks in advance !
Dipak D Gaikwad  

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, 13 August 2010 7:26 PM
To: general@sefindia.org
Subject: [SEFI] Re: Software Development (Open Source)

eshwar.konkati wrote:
Quote:

One such file is herewith attached which will extract the column and beam reinforcements from Staad analysis output file to Excel.

It is always good to see such work

eshwar.konkati wrote:
Quote:

Now I would like to share with everyone so that precious time of engineers can be utilized elsewhere.

No need to run for new softwares and waste our time.  However knowing the latest trends in software is always a good idea.

I expect users also to contribute the same to automate the daily routine works of Design professionals so that our efforts can be minimized and efficiency be improved.

Very nice views.

However, when we talk about sharing, things needed to be in unrestricted form. Files needed to be in format so that everyone can access its content.

[The entire original message is not included]=

Posted via Email
revanwaghode
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sefian,
I too could not open the document.Can you please tell us the reason.

Regards
Abhay
krishnasj
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sefi'es

Its really great if all we civil engineers start developing softwares for our design/ detailings.

This is my first post in this site. if i did any mistakes pls forgive me<o></o>

Myself Krishna Mtech in Structures.  having 2+ experience in design and detailing.
i have developed spreadsheets for all kind of design.
Even i have developed a software called "Design Pro" this is windows software which can be used for the design of All kind of  RCC members as per IS code.\

"Beam Pro" this is windows software which will analyze continuous beams upto 10 spans for gravity loads.
I have also written LISP programs for detailing RCC beams/ slab/ footing etc. and some other lisps for small works.

Right now im working on developing a windows software for the detailing of specific types of “Truss”, “Conveyor galleries and supporting structures” im developing this one only b’cos  of that all the designers and consultants cannot afford to purchase XSTEEL and Stru CAD. They will be designin and detailing small Steel structures. So im working on this. and for this I need ur help.

Recently while goggling I saw one company called “VIJAYCAD” Hyderabad. They have developed software using VB+dot net+LISP+CAD to produce specific type of steel fabrication drawing.

I know there are many peoples in this Forum who are into developing softares for engineering and detailing purposes. If you can share the PDF books on Coding in VB or in LISP or C+, or  CAD CUSTOMIZATION. Then it will be helpful for other peoples who are stating their career or who are thinking to develop something new for them as well as for our engineering community.

We civil engineers can develop any application using VB, dotnet. C++,Matlab,LISP. Last but not least MS EXCELJ

And the help which I needed from u peoples is : if any one of u have done any CAD CUSTOMIZATION programs or any application using VB AND CAD. Please share the reference pdf’s or any reference codes so that we can also do something new for our community.
Waiting for positive responses

Thanks and Regards

Krishna
hsrai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krishnasj wrote:
i have developed a software called "Design Pro"

<snip>
"Beam Pro" this is windows software which will analyze continuous beams upto 10 spans for gravity loads.
I have also written LISP programs for detailing RCC beams/ slab/ footing etc. and some other lisps for small works.

Excellent

krishnasj wrote:

Right now im working on developing a windows software for the detailing of specific types of “Truss”, “Conveyor galleries and supporting structures” ...

Nice to know.

The current trend is to do development which is platform neutral (and that is not difficult at all).

For example:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/arce web-based, no need to do any installation, can be accessed from any Internet Ready Device.

https://sites.google.com/site/hardeeprai/dcs spreadsheets, which don't compel anybody to use MSWindows and / or MS Office, uses standard ISO format. It require www.openofficeorg/ , which is platform independent, works on MAC, Unix, Linux, MS-Windows, and is available in all languages Smile

FEM software: http://www.pdftop.com/view/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5jb2RlLWFzdGVyLm9yZy9wcm9kdWl0X2RvYy9wbGFxX1Y3X0dCLnBkZg==

krishnasj wrote:

civil engineers can develop any application using VB, dotnet. C++,Matlab,LISP. Last but not least MS EXCELJ

Above tools / packages / programming languages are not the end of programming. If you have above impression, then that is because of faulty curriculum, which promote proprietary solution, rather than concepts and fundamentals Sad

krishnasj wrote:

if any one of u have done any CAD CUSTOMIZATION programs

FreeCAD is highly customisable. http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/free-cad/index.php?title=Main_Page

You have developed very good software and you are encouraged to release them on http://sarovar.org/ , a good Indian site to release software in public domain.

--
H.S.Rai
rame.chrk
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: USE OF ADV JAVA OR VISUAL BASIC Reply with quote

I think if we concentrate on Java Applets We can easily create a Open source Software..

Its my sugession

Good idea of Developing a open Source

Good response too

examples given in post are the inspiration for new programmers to develop more things
marg
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all
i post my idea and suggestion at http://www.sefindia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8625
if moderator can move my topic to here. I will appreciate in you.thanks
abhio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marg wrote:
Dear all
i post my idea and suggestion at http://www.sefindia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8625
if moderator can move my topic to here. I will appreciate in you.thanks

Dear Er Marg,

This thread is about open-source programming. Hence, your post about your software would be a bit out of place if you have not released the source code.
Manoharbs_eq
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would be glad to work on software development.

Rgds
Manohar
Pulkit Velani
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,
Namasteji,

Is there any project of developing software/code is going on?

thanks & regards,
Pulkit
Meera P
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:27 am    Post subject: Software Development (Open Source) Reply with quote

Dear Pulkit,
1.  We are interested in civil engineers who know software development.

2.  If you can send me your details, personal e-mail address, mob no etc; I would like to consider for further communications.

thanks & regards

Meera p

Contact me on meera.p.p@gmail.com (meera.p.p@gmail.com) / 98 33 41 85 54

Posted via Email
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Open Source Software Development All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: