www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

STAAD. PRO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkumar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: staad pro manual Reply with quote

pleaase mail me one copy to

truenotesrakesh@gmail.com

thank you
pnnaik

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: STABILITY INDEX Reply with quote

Dear All,

In Staad-Pro there is brace command in design. Does staad pro give stability index calculation for each floor or are we able to calculate the same using analysis output of staad-pro. Please guide.

Regards,
PN
pnnaik

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

I did not continue with that project so did not proceed with design.

But would like to know about RC design in Batchmode and RC interactive mode.
I found difficult to work with RC interactive design mode.

What is difference in philosophy of  both method of design.

I thankful to sefi and all participants as posting on SEFI  on various technical issue give me strength to remain  in  this field. When I read any issue related to structure, for me it is as good as offering prayer to GOD.

God bless you all and Take care.

Regards,
PN

sukanta.adhikari wrote:
Dear Mr Arun,

I appreciate a reply from you.

But in Mr PN's case the load case is 3..and load case 3 is ther Dead load case .

Regards,
S.Adhikari

sakumar79 wrote:
Dear Sir,
    If there is an load applied in the direction, in this case it is the axial force, on the member, then I think there will be the difference in the values at the ends, equal to the value of the force... For example, selfweight in column and possibly, axial load in beam due to lateral loads are possible causes for variations in the axial force on either ends of a member...

Arun
pankajgrai
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: staad pro manual Reply with quote

pleaase mail me one copy to

pankajgrai@gmail.com
thank you[/quote]
paramesh
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: STAAD MODELING Reply with quote

Dear Sirs,
I have attached text editor of  a staad file .
1. In this consider the first model in the file.
In this, there is a cantilever beam at the centre. (Member numbers 83 and 89). As it is, the end beam
connected to the free end of the cantilver(member numbers 87 and     8Cool is supported on the cantilever beam. Hence there are now
three supports for the end beam.
If  I want the the end beam not to be supported on the cantilver, instead it should be supported
on the two extreme end supports and the member numbers 83 and 89 should  rest on members   87 and    88 as
a continuous beam, which is the best way to do it ?
I have tried with releasing  (2nd model)Mx, My and Mz at the free end of the cantilever, but still the end beam is supported on the cantilever only.
In the third model  I have released Mz at the two ends so as to make it simply supported. In this case, the end beam is
supported on the extreme supports only, but the members 83 and 89 are not behaving as a continuous beam.

Can any one please clarify how this could be done in STAAD or ETABS.

I further request the experts to provide information on creating joints in STAAD so as to make the joints behave as the designer wants.

With thanks and regards,

Paramesh.

Email: paramesha.c@gmail.com

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.
Book1.xls
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Book1.xls
 Filesize:  21 KB
 Downloaded:  438 Time(s)

sakumar79

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Paramesh,

1. I suggest that you to upload staad input file as text file or zipped file instead of xls file...

2. It is better to accept the STAAD analysis results without tinkering the releases. STAAD takes into account the relative stiffness of the beams in distributing the loads/moments to the various beams at a joint. Hence, in reality, you may not be able to detail the structure to act as you want - cantilever beam/continuous beam. For example, the continuous beam you want to create with members 88 and 89 - theoretically, a continuous beam has pinned support and roller supports. But in this case, the node 81 between the members 88 and 89 will have a deflection and is not a rigid pinned support. Even the end nodes 76 and 80 will undergo a small deflection under the load.

3. If you still want to model as you have stated, what you need to do is model the beam with members 88 and 89 separately and then apply the reaction on the frame.

Hope that helps
Arun
VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: STARTING TO USE STAAD/PRO. NOT A PROBLEM. Reply with quote

Dear  Sefin,

STARTING TO USE  STAAD/PRO.  NOT A PROBLEM.  

1) Open Staad/Pro.
2) Go Help manu at top.
3) In Help/ Search, type " GETTING STARTED MANUAL" .
4) There are three Tutorial Examples.
5) PRINT ENTIRE "GETTING  STARTED MANUAL WITH 3 TUTORIALS".  Keep a
    HARD COPY  with you. These are step by instructions. I have always ask new
    Engineers to start with this GETTING STARTED MANUAL.  As far as I am cncerned
    this is all you need.

Good Luck.

Vasudeo Pandya  P.E. ; S.E.
Structural Engineer.
paramesh
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Arun Sir for your reply.
I just wanted to explore if there is a possibility. I would like to add that this is not an isolated case and it forms a part of a bigger structure.
Often we come across a situation wherein an extension of a secondary beam - which might have been provided for creating a duct etc., - comes in between two main beams, all  I was trying was to skip the load transfer that extended beam.

With thanks and regards,

Paramesh.
sakumar79

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two queries regarding STAAD:

1. Is it possible to output actual Ast required instead of max (Ast reqd, Ast min) for RCC beams? It will be useful in calculating theoretical cut off point from output printout.

2. How to model shear wall with openings in STAAD? If anyone can post a sample input file with the same, I will be grateful...

Thanks in advance
Arun
Sarma.TS
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope these ppts will be useful for staad learners

--Sarma TS
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 20 of 63

Jump to: