www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

STAAD. PRO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purti

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Staad truss model Reply with quote

Hello engineers,

Have created truss staad 3D modal. and the building is with 40 T gantry. and top beams at truss bottom chord level are failing.

Please suggest review and suggest me options or corrections.

I am uploading model here.

Thanks

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
truss model.zip
 Description:
3D staad model of shed

Download
 Filename:  truss model.zip
 Filesize:  8.72 KB
 Downloaded:  1108 Time(s)

Abhishek_Singh
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,

I am working on STAAD and need answers to some questions. Will be grateful if you could help me out with these. I am very new to this software

1. Floor Diaphragm: Is master slave better or the method where we increase the Iy of beam to a high value? I don't know how to apply master slave. Can anyone help me with steps?

[Or should I model the entire slab with plate elements? In that case floor diaphragm will be automatically taken care of?]

2. Cantilever: I have to apply vertical earthquake load on a 15m cantilevered plate girder. How do I apply this? If I run staad then normal Fx and Fz is fine but I need a method to apply vertical earthquake in staad for this cantilever. How do I calculate lumped mass in the software for this?

3. Shear Wall: I have two identical models except for one difference that one is modeled with plates as shear walls and other one is modeled with surface elements as shear walls. question with this in mind are written in a, b, c below

a. Do I need to mesh surface elements and/or plate elements if I intend to only analyze the plates/surface elements and read-off the vertical stresses only for manual design of the same?

b. In both of these models I have not modeled any slab. So I have situations where slabs areas are bound by vertical edges of shear wall and hence the software is not taking "Floor Load" command. How to sort this out?

c. I read somewhere that surface elements are better to model shear walls. But if I intend to only extract forces and design by hand, is it fine to use any of these? Or does surface element have any distinct and un-ignorable advantage over plate elements for shear wall modeling?

Many Thanks,

Abhishek
smstoankur
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: STAAD OUTPUT Reply with quote

Dear All,

I have designed a FOB for which the model is attached. During analysis of Purlins (as curved members), the maximum moments shown in the output(.ANL) file using MAXF ENV commands for Members no 801 to 809 is not matching with the maximum forces (read moments) in the post-processing mode.

Can someone please explain me the problem/error in this case.

Thanks & Regards,
Ankur Agarwal

img1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  228.9 KB
 Viewed:  854 Time(s)

img1.jpg

img2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  311.15 KB
 Viewed:  955 Time(s)

img2.jpg

Use online scanners
FOB1.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  FOB1.rar
 Filesize:  3.2 KB
 Downloaded:  873 Time(s)

24Emily
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: =) Reply with quote

Hello, friends! If you'd like to write unique and original essays but lack experience at the moment, I'd recommend this source where you can find out useful information to develop such skills
http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/essay-about-earthquake
rohit kumar prasad
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: STAAD. PRO Reply with quote

P.K.Mallick wrote:
I presume there are engineers like me in this forum who are not conversant with STAAD.PRO operation.

But I am sure there are experts available in this forum who are quite conversant with STAAD.PRO.
For benefit of novices like me, Will somebody write step by step method of operating STAAD.PRO right from model generation,loading and design.

Example of a building  will suffice.

Any volunteer ?!

Please  come forward.

I know it is time consuming and requires considerable efforts.

Still I am hopeful that somebody will come forward.
raviteja1111
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear sir,

Please explain me about how to calculate the load for 1mtr it will take. for ..

1. 8mm
2. 10mm
3. 12mm
4. 16mm
5. 20mm
6. 25mm
kishorpss
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sefians,

While designing an auditorium of  R.C.C. structure having sizes 60.00mtr X 15.00 mtr, the beam depth of 750mm spaning along width found safe in staad software.
But the same is not satisfying span/depth ratio as per clause no.23.2.1.
Please post your openion in this connection.
Is Staad is not able to chech the span/ depth ratio ?

Brgds,

Kishore Ku. Behera
sakumar79

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Er Kishore,
     STAAD does not check for deflection unless specifically instructed to. Please refer to the Design Parameters section of the manual.

Yours sincerely
Arunkumar
kishorpss
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Arunlumar,
Thanks a lot for your valuable guidance.

Brgds,

Kishore
sm2345110
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best support for the STAAD Pro,
Thank You so much:)

Sharon Maxwell
CETPA Infotech Pvt Ltd
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 62 of 64

Jump to: