www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

ME(Structure) Project

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ssaste
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: ME(Structure) Project Reply with quote

Hello,can any one help me in choosing my ME(Structure) Project.
I am interested in some topics like
a) folded plates-advantages over spherical & conical shape from constructional perspective
b) steel structures(Analysis & Design)
srinivasan_vasudevan
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: ME structure project Reply with quote

Hi

I suggest you take up any one or all as your project for study

1. comparison of long span roof structures with CHS, SHS, RHS sections with angles, channels et.c, ( weight reduction and the associated fabrication and erection )

the span could be 25  to 30 mts

2. copmparitive study of long span purlins with built up sections for different roof slopes and wind parameters

purlin span can vary from 9 mts to 12 mts

3. study of castellated sections as roofing members and purlins  

span can be 9 to 12 mts

vasudevan
ssaste
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: ME structure project Reply with quote

srinivasan_vasudevan wrote:
Hi

I suggest you take up any one or all as your project for study

1. comparison of long span roof structures with CHS, SHS, RHS sections with angles, channels et.c, ( weight reduction and the associated fabrication and erection )

the span could be 25  to 30 mts

2. copmparitive study of long span purlins with built up sections for different roof slopes and wind parameters

purlin span can vary from 9 mts to 12 mts

3. study of castellated sections as roofing members and purlins  

span can be 9 to 12 mts

vasudevan

If you have any basic data related to scope of above listed topic can you please upload it?
bkkk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: thesis reg Reply with quote

Hello

I am a Post graduate in structures. My thesis topic was Analysis of Hollow column steel section using thin walled  cold formed steel elements . I developed Finite Element Analysis  software using C .The Verification was made using problem given in  Finite Element Analysis by S.S Rao.

You can try something like that or you can suggest extension of my thesis.

I have forgotten the thesis in depth, given the fact that i had completed my PG in 1996. But i think can help you still.

if interested please contact me at bkkk_7@yahoo.co.on

er.C.balaji venkateswaran
ssaste
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: thesis reg Reply with quote

bkkk wrote:
Hello

I am a Post graduate in structures. My thesis topic was Analysis of Hollow column steel section using thin walled  cold formed steel elements . I developed Finite Element Analysis  software using C .The Verification was made using problem given in  Finite Element Analysis by S.S Rao.

You can try something like that or you can suggest extension of my thesis.

I have forgotten the thesis in depth, given the fact that i had completed my PG in 1996. But i think can help you still.

if interested please contact me at bkkk_7@yahoo.co.on

er.C.balaji venkateswaran

Sir can you give your another email ID, or correct the given one
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: