www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Bar Bending Schedule to IS 2502

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnybravo
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Bar Bending Schedule to IS 2502 Reply with quote

Hi,

When it comes to detailing reinforcement and preparing bar bending schedule in accordance with 2502 then what is your prefered method? Do you have a schedule in excel spreadsheet, do you do one by hand, use CADS RC, or other method?

I had a look on the internet and it is hard to find something that aids scheduling bars in accordance with 2502. Can you recommend a method based on what you are doing?

Does anyone know what method is commonly used throughout the industry to schedule reinforcement?

Cheers.
sdec.in
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Bar Bending Schedule to IS 2502 Reply with quote

We have been using CADSRC and LOHA to prepare BBS on important Indian as well as a few Projects outside India and feel that these two softwares are extremely reliable.

Best regards
Sangeeta Wij
Quote:
----- Original Message -----
To: general@sefindia.org (general@sefindia.org)
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2010 5:44 PM
Subject: [SEFI] Bar Bending Schedule to IS 2502

Hi,

When it comes to detailing reinforcement and preparing bar bending schedule in accordance with 2502 then what is your prefered method? Do you have a schedule in excel spreadsheet, do you do one by hand, use CADS RC, or other method?

I had a look on the internet and it is hard to find something that aids scheduling bars in accordance with 2502. Can you recommend a method based on what you are doing?

Does anyone know what method is commonly used throughout the industry to schedule reinforcement?

Cheers.

Posted via Email
johnnybravo
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Bar Bending Schedule to IS 2502 Reply with quote

As expected, it seems that CADS RC are most commonly used in India for preparing BBS.

Nevertheless I have recently created a bar bending schedule spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel where I aimed to make it quick, easy to use and reliable - for those people/companies that do not want to buy CADS or similar expensive software.

The spreadsheet can be tested from this link: http://www.continuousbeamanalysis.com/bar-bending-schedule-to-is-2502.html

Is there any change that Sefians could suggest to the spreadsheet (or think that is necessary to be made) to make it more attractive for Indian engineers?

I have created this spreadsheet after a good interest in the British Standard one - also among Indian engineers.

Thanks.
suraj
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: BBS proforma Reply with quote

BBS proforma
FYI Pl

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.
BBSProforma.xls
 Description:
BBS proforma

Download
 Filename:  BBSProforma.xls
 Filesize:  66 KB
 Downloaded:  3375 Time(s)

johnnybravo
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: BBS proforma Reply with quote

Thanks Suraj, but I do not know who this is meant to help. The BS 4466 was superseded years ago and now 8666 is commonly used. I have created a spreadsheet in accordance with BS 8666 and there is a good interest in this spreadsheet on my website therefore I do not think it requires any adjustments. A different matter is with my most recent spreadsheet which I would like to help Indian engineers prepare BBS therefore I am asking these questions.

So the question still remains, what would Indian engineers require in this bar bending schedule spreadsheet to IS 2502 to be changed to be interested in using it? Is there anything at all or it does the job in its present form?

Thanks.

suraj wrote:
BBS proforma
FYI Pl
suraj
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: BBS proforma Reply with quote

Dear Eng
johnny bravo

Let me request you to first of all learn to address the authors under code of ethics.

Purpose of attaching the file is for information.

I know that 4466 is superseded by other one but, it does not mean that it cannot be used. Aim is to produce BBS that can be produced using 4466 too.

What problem is there?

Regards

johnnybravo
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: BBS proforma Reply with quote

Suraj, sorry I thought I made it quite clear from the point that I wrote subject of this post. I am interested in a feedback regarding the BBS spreadsheet based on IS 2502.

Not BS 8666 and not BS 4466. These are produced by giving A,B,C... dimensions on a printout while in the IS one you produce sketches with dimensions on it. So a very different spreadsheet is required to do that. The one that you sent is very basic one and can be used only for british standard.

The one I am talking about gives a printout like on the attached print screen.

Cheers.

suraj wrote:
Dear Eng
johnny bravo

Let me request you to first of all learn to address the authors under code of ethics.

Purpose of attaching the file is for information.

I know that 4466 is superseded by other one but, it does not mean that it cannot be used. Aim is to produce BBS that can be produced using 4466 too.

What problem is there?

Regards

bar bending schedule photo1.jpg
 Description:
Bar Bending Schedule Spreadsheet to IS 2502
 Filesize:  374.68 KB
 Viewed:  5361 Time(s)

bar bending schedule photo1.jpg

umeshrao

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Bar Bending Schedule to IS 2502 Reply with quote

johnnybravo wrote:
Hi,
Cheers.

Dear Johny bravo,
     The issue is you have mentioned two items in your posting. One is detailing and the other is BBS.
     There are some softwares which takes output from analysis & design software and prepare drawings. Some integrate total operations of analysis,design and drawings,such as NISA,STRUDDS etc. Some do not give drawings as output, such as STADD, ETABS,etc.
     There are some software available which picking output from analysis design from specific softwares and prepare drawings as per IS 456 & SP34 based on these drawings these softwares prepare BBS based on IS2502.Some are prepared by Mr. A.K. Dutta based in Delhi. Z- axix engineering solutions based in Hyderabad. Both of them are STDD-PRO based  data.
     Hence, assuming that you are concentrating on BBS, I may state that most BBS are prepared by hand may be spreadsheets are used to document for further processing such as calculation of weights, Dia wise break-up,etc.
     Etabs, STADD pro etc have add on software to prepare drawings but I think to prepare drawings required by drawing office much is desired.
     Regards Umesh Rao
johnnybravo
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Bar Bending Schedule to IS 2502 Reply with quote

That is a very valuable answer dear Umesh Rao.

Therefore when it comes to preparing BBS the common practice in India is either to prepare this by hand or use specific software that has option to export BBS based on a model analysis and design.

Any guidence what can be done to improve the mentioned BBS spreadsheet which can be downloaded here. So that Indian engineers (that do not use specific software that exports BBS based on a model) would like to use it? This spreadsheet can save a lot of time compared to preparing BBS by hand.

Thanks.

umeshrao wrote:

Dear Johny bravo,
....Hence, assuming that you are concentrating on BBS, I may state that most BBS are prepared by hand may be spreadsheets are used to document for further processing such as calculation of weights, Dia wise break-up,etc.
     Etabs, STADD pro etc have add on software to prepare drawings but I think to prepare drawings required by drawing office much is desired.
     Regards Umesh Rao
johnnybravo
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Bar Bending Schedule to IS 2502 Reply with quote

How to say in Hindi: "Bar Bending Schedule to IS 2502"?

Thanks.
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: