www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Short Course on Geotechnical Aspects of Earthquake Engineeri

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Official Announcements Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Short Course on Geotechnical Aspects of Earthquake Engineeri Reply with quote

This is an advertisement from SEFI sponsor for an event.

Dear Colleagues:

I am appending herewith an announcement of a short course on 'Geotechnical Aspects of Earthquake Engineering' being organized by the IIT-Gandhinagar in Ahmedabad. Interested persons may Register online at the course website
      http://iitgn.ac.in/web-GEE/    

For further information, please feel free to contact me.

With best regards,

Dr Amit Prashant
Associate Professor
IIT Gandhinagar
E-mail: ap@iitgn.ac.in

------------------------------

"Four day Course for Engineers
On
GEOTECHNICAL ASPECTS OF EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING
(March 8 - 11, 2011)
At
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar
VGEC Complex, Chandkheda, Ahmedabad - 382424

Course Objectives:
The aim of the course is to provide the participants an overview on Geotechnical Aspects of Earthquake Engineering. At the end of the course, the participants are expected to:
• Have an overall understanding of seismic design concepts and current practices for shallow and deep foundations, slopes and retaining walls to enable them to plan and direct the construction activity appropriately.
• Understand the soil dynamic testing procedures and methodology of seismic design to be able to execute a proper design.
• Have a clear understanding of design methodology and the interpretations in the seismic codes while designing foundations, slopes and retaining walls.

Participants:
The course is designed for, a) Civil Engineers engaged in design and construction of structures, b) Senior professionals responsible for directing these activities.

Course Faculty:
The course will be conducted by, Dr. Sudhir K. Jain, IIT Gandhinagar, Dr. Debasis Roy, IIT Kharagpur, Dr. Ajanta Sachan, IIT Gandhinagar, and Dr. Amit Prashant, IIT Gandhinagar

Course Contents:
Ground Motion & Seismic Hazard, Design Ground Motion, Geotechnical Testing Methods, Dynamic Soil Behavior, Geotechnical Structures in Past Earthquakes, Liquefaction & Liquefaction Potential, Seismic Design of Foundations, Seismic Design of Slopes &Retaining Walls, Ground Improvement Techniques

Certificate:
Participants who successfully complete the course will be awarded a certificate.

The course fee is Rs. 12,000/- (Rupees Twelve Thousand Only) per participant. It includes course material, lunch, and tea breaks.
The postgraduate students and faculty of geotechnical engineering may request a discount in course fee.
Interested persons should Register at the course website ( http://iitgn.ac.in/web-GEE/ ), or contact

Dr. Amit Prashant

Coordinator for Course on Earthquake Engg

VGEC Complex, Chandkheda
Ahmedabad - 382424
Fax: 079-23972586
Email: ap@iitgn.ac.in

Posted via Email

Last edited by admin on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
javid.qadri at googlem...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Short Course on Geotechnical Aspects of Earthquake Engineeri Reply with quote

Dear sir,
Thanks a lot for the invitation,unfortunately I am in UK.I would definitely love to attend,had I been in India presently which is my home country.
Regards
Javid

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 6:43 AM, admin <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:

Dear Colleagues:

I am appending herewith an announcement of a short course on 'Geotechnical Aspects of Earthquake Engineering' being organized by the IIT-Gandhinagar in Ahmedabad. Interested persons may Register online at the course website

With best regards,

Dr Amit Prashant
Associate Professor
IIT Gandhinagar
E-mail: ap[AT]iitgn.ac.in

On
(March 8 - 11, 2011)
At

Course Objectives:
The aim of the course is to provide the participants an overview on Geotechnical Aspects of Earthquake Engineering. At the end of the course, the participants are expected to:
• Have an overall understanding of seismic design concepts and current practices for shallow and deep foundations, slopes and retaining walls to enable them to plan and direct the construction activity appropriately.
• Understand the soil dynamic testing procedures and methodology of seismic design to be able to execute a proper design.
• Have a clear understanding of design methodology and the interpretations in the seismic codes while designing foundations, slopes and retaining walls.

Participants:
The course is designed for, a) Civil Engineers engaged in design and construction of structures, b) Senior professionals responsible for directing these activities.

Course Faculty:
The course will be conducted by, Dr. Sudhir K. Jain, IIT Gandhinagar, Dr. Debasis Roy, IIT Kharagpur, Dr. Ajanta Sachan, IIT Gandhinagar, and Dr. Amit Prashant, IIT Gandhinagar

Course Contents: 
Ground Motion & Seismic Hazard, Design Ground Motion, Geotechnical Testing Methods, Dynamic Soil Behavior, Geotechnical Structures in Past Earthquakes, Liquefaction & Liquefaction Potential, Seismic Design of Foundations, Seismic Design of Slopes &Retaining Walls, Ground Improvement Techniques

Certificate: 
Participants who successfully complete the course will be awarded a certificate.

The course fee is Rs. 12,000/- (Rupees Twelve Thousand Only) per participant. It includes course material, lunch, and tea breaks.
The postgraduate students and faculty of geotechnical engineering may request a discount in course fee.
Interested persons should Register at the course website ( http://iitgn.ac.in/web-GEE/ ), or contact

Dr. Amit Prashant

VGEC Complex, Chandkheda 
Ahmedabad - 382424
Email: ap[AT]iitgn.ac.in

Posted via Email
starmetalforms
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Short Course on Geotechnical Aspects of Earthquake Engineeri Reply with quote

Dear Prashant,
                          I wish I could attend the seminar. But I stay at Surat and can not make it.Is it possible to send me the papers afterward?
Warm Regards,
Pravinsingh Solanki
CMD
SMF

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 12:13 PM, admin <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:

Dear Colleagues:

With best regards,

Dr Amit Prashant
Associate Professor
IIT Gandhinagar

On
(March 8 - 11, 2011)
At

Course Objectives:

Participants:

Course Faculty:

Course Contents: 

Certificate: 

Interested persons should Register at the course website ( http://iitgn.ac.in/web-GEE/ ), or contact

Dr. Amit Prashant

VGEC Complex, Chandkheda 
Ahmedabad - 382424

Posted via Email
PRADIPTA MOHAPATRA
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:56 am    Post subject: Short Course on Geotechnical Aspects of Earthquake Engineeri Reply with quote

KA Dr Amit Prashant
Associate Professor
IIT Gandhinagar

Sir,
pl. find attached the form for joining the short course.
If you can kindly confirm ,I can join the short course I shall immediately remit the DD
and start booking for travel and lodging etc.

Kindly confirm at the earliest.

Chief Consultant

P.Mohapatra.

BUILDSOL  Civil consutants ,Structural Engineers & Architects.
ISO 9001:2008 certified
#1465-Nayapalli ,Binayak Complex,
Nayapalli,Bhubaneswar-751012
Phone/Fax no. 0674-2563546
build_sol@sify.com
www.buildsol.co.in

Quote:
----- Original Message -----
To: announcement@sefindia.org (announcement@sefindia.org)
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 12:13 PM
Subject: [SEFI] Short Course on Geotechnical Aspects of Earthquake Engineering

Dear Colleagues:

With best regards,

Dr Amit Prashant
Associate Professor
IIT Gandhinagar

On
(March 8 - 11, 2011)
At

Course Objectives:

Participants:

Course Faculty:

Course Contents:

Certificate:

Interested persons should Register at the course website ( http://iitgn.ac.in/web-GEE/ ), or contact

Dr. Amit Prashant

VGEC Complex, Chandkheda
Ahmedabad - 382424
Email: ap[AT]iitgn.ac.in

Posted via Email
ARPIT
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Short Course on Geotechnical Aspects of Earthquake Engineeri Reply with quote

Dear sir,           I am complet my B.E. (CIVIL ENG.) JUN 2010 so i am eligible to short course on 'Geotechnical Aspects of Earthquake Engineering' being organized by the IIT-Gandhinagar in Ahmedabad. and what is last date of registration. you also provided a accommodation.
                                  kindly inform me regarding above queries .I am waiting for your reply.
Yours Obediently
Arpit porwal

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:43 PM, admin <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:

Dear Colleagues:

With best regards,

Dr Amit Prashant
Associate Professor
IIT Gandhinagar

On
(March 8 - 11, 2011)
At

Course Objectives:

Participants:

Course Faculty:

Course Contents: 

Certificate: 

Dr. Amit Prashant

VGEC Complex, Chandkheda 
Ahmedabad - 382424

Posted via Email
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sefians,

To send a query regarding this event or to send application form of the event, please contact Dr Amit Prashant from IITGn at this email  ap@iitgn.ac.in

Regards

Admin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Official Announcements Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: