www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Validity of Chartered Engineer's Certificate obtained by IEI

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Er. Prasad Joshi
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Validity of Chartered Engineer's Certificate obtained by IEI Reply with quote

Dear Sir's

I gone through brief discussion topics related to Chartered Engineer India (CE) Certificate granted by Institution of Engineers (India). I am not able to get information related to below mentioned topics. If experts can throw some light on this then it will be a great information to all.
1) In case if we want to start private practices for Structural Consultancy all over India then can we eligible for that if we have CE certification from IEI?
2) There is still practice in all states/towns to obtain grade certificate from ISSE (Indian Society of Structural Engineers) which a person should submit in local municipal corporations to obtain practicing license for that perticular region which comes in the vicinity of local municipal corporation. This license a person should renew every year. That means this practicing license expires every year and if it expires the professional cannot practice untill it get renewed. I read from the forum that a CE certification exumpts all this procedure and professionals can continue practice without paying to local municipal corporations (Ref. to UP govt. notification for corporate members of IEI). Does it mean that CE certificate valid for lifetime? Is there any time period for the CE certificate granted by IEI?
3) What are the responsibilities and work a CE can perform which differs from a licensed Engineer of local municipal corporation mentioned in point no. 2?
4) Architects certified by Architecture Council of India get unique registration number and they can stamp the drawings and documents based on that. Like that CE certificate only mentiones corporate membership number and not a unique registration number. From this can we stamp the documents mentioning the membership number? What are the authorities of CE India certified professional?
5) Is there any valid document released by Government of India other than UP govt. notification which states that a CE certified professional can practice all over India without registering in local municipal corporations?

The above information will help others a lot to clarify their doubts which I could not able to found in discussion forums. May be I missed out some discussion forums. If experts have any record of the same which clarify above mentioned doubts then please attach in their replies. Thanks in advance to all.

Regards,
Prasad Joshi.
suraj
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Chartered Engineer India Reply with quote

Chartered Engineer <xml><st1><st1>India</st1></st1><xml><o></o>

<o></o>

Dear All,<o></o>

I am posting after a long gap due to some specific reason. I could not find good internet access as well as time due to being busy in some remote areas in KSA.<o></o>

<o></o>

Well, I shall certainly write my experiences later. I had made some very significant posting on this forum but, I have noticed that it has been removed by the admin of this portal.<o></o>

<o></o>

Back to the topic, CE is an official designation authorising engineer personnel or functionary. It is issued under the provisions of the royal charter of IEI which is enforced as an equivalent of an Act of parliament. CE is applicable all over <st1><st1>India</st1></st1> & in some cases, it is applicable for imports & exports certification also.<o></o>

<o></o>

It is awarded to IEI life corporate members only & remains in force as far as one is a corporate member. Its registration number is membership reference. Many authorities in <st1><st1>India</st1></st1> including judicial, have maintained its validity. <o></o>

<o></o>

In case, some authority does not accept it, please request the authority to give in writing condemnation of that certificate. No legal officer & no IAS shall degrade its value but, may be the lower officials who do not understand law, may do so. In case, CE seal is used on documents, there is no need of using illegal seal issued by municipalities or other local authorities. I am naming these licenses illegal since, no such authority is recognized by Constitution provisions under Schedule 12 of COI.<o></o>

<o></o>

Architects Act is entirely different & is meant only for Architects who have been protected within that act. No one other than landscape or naval architect can use designation Architect in <st1><st1>India</st1></st1> but, person registered under Architect Act. IEI registration is not mandatory but, optional & fully legal in scope in <st1><st1>India</st1></st1>. Its performance powers are mentioned within the Charter documents that can be downloaded from IEI website.<o></o>

Regards<o></o>

<o> </o>

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: