www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

ACCEPTANCE CRITERIA OF CONCRETE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

Here is the said circular

Mithilesh

P.K.Mallick wrote:
bijay sarkar wrote:
Dear All,

Further to add here that very recently, Central Vigilance Commission of India has issued a circular dated 07.10.2010 regarding non-compliance of codal provisions of IS 456 : 2000 for Design Mix Concrete and Acceptance criteria of concrete read with amendment no. 3 of 2007. I think all designers/engineers at field formations/contractors/developers should be aware of that.

regards,

bijay sarkar

Will you please attach that circular of Central Vigilance Commission?

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
Design mix Concrete.pdf
 Description:
CVC Circular

Download
 Filename:  Design mix Concrete.pdf
 Filesize:  289.77 KB
 Downloaded:  467 Time(s)

P.K.Mallick
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.K.Mallick wrote:
Arvind Jaiswal wrote:
Dear All,

Here is the paper by Dr Iqbal Ali who wrote the Acceptance Criteria for IS:456 2000, this will clear all doubts. But I am not able to bring down the size to 256 KB as desired by Admin. Could someone help me or could I get e-mail IDs of persons who are interested to have this file I can mail the sme to them. Or in case Admin can help...!! The pDF file is 1.18 Mb.

P.K.Mallick wrote:
No response!!!

Arvind Jaiswal

Respected All
Kindly have a look on the attachment and put forth your observations.
Warm Regards.

Respected All
Here is a request to everybody. Honestly speaking this issue has bothered me a lot.I was finding it difficult to implement the "Acceptance Criteria of IS:456-2000" IN THE CONSTRUCTION SITE. Partly, in fact, I was responsible for that as I was unable appreciate the relations and differences between  specimen and sample. Mind sometimes does not work and for me it never works.
So I humble request to all experts here to have look on my latest attachment and examine it critically. After getting nods from all of you,I would try to implement that in construction site.
Sorry for bothering you all.
Warm Regards.

P.K.Mallick
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.K.Mallick wrote:
P.K.Mallick wrote:
Arvind Jaiswal wrote:
Dear All,

Here is the paper by Dr Iqbal Ali who wrote the Acceptance Criteria for IS:456 2000, this will clear all doubts. But I am not able to bring down the size to 256 KB as desired by Admin. Could someone help me or could I get e-mail IDs of persons who are interested to have this file I can mail the sme to them. Or in case Admin can help...!! The pDF file is 1.18 Mb.

P.K.Mallick wrote:
No response!!!

Arvind Jaiswal

Respected All
Warm Regards.

Respected All
Here is a request to everybody. Honestly speaking this issue has bothered me a lot.I was finding it difficult to implement the "Acceptance Criteria of IS:456-2000" IN THE CONSTRUCTION SITE. Partly, in fact, I was responsible for that as I was unable appreciate the relations and differences between  specimen and sample. Mind sometimes does not work and for me it never works.
So I humble request to all experts here to have look on my latest attachment and examine it critically. After getting nods from all of you,I would try to implement that in construction site.
Warm Regards.

NO RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: ACCEPTANCE CRITERIA OF CONCRETE Reply with quote

Respected Mallick Sir & Senior Seafians

I have tried to write the acceptance criteria of concrete as per IS 456 -2000 which is attached here with.

comments of senior seafians is highly appreciated .

Regards

Mithilesh

P.K.Mallick wrote:
P.K.Mallick wrote:
P.K.Mallick wrote:
Arvind Jaiswal wrote:
Dear All,

P.K.Mallick wrote:
No response!!!

Arvind Jaiswal

Respected All
Warm Regards.

Respected All
Warm Regards.

NO RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use online scanners
Acceptance Criteria.doc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Acceptance Criteria.doc
 Filesize:  42.5 KB
 Downloaded:  267 Time(s)

mks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: ACCEPTANCE CRITERIA OF CONCRETE Reply with quote

Respected Mallick Sir and Senior Seafians

I have attached here with the sample of calculation of Mean of the four non overlapping consecutive test results as per data considered by Mallick Sir

Comments of senior seafians is highly appreciated.

Regards

Mithilesh

[quote="P.K.Mallick"][quote="P.K.Mallick"][quote="P.K.Mallick"][quote="Arvind Jaiswal"]Dear All,

Use online scanners
Mean strength.xls
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Mean strength.xls
 Filesize:  26 KB
 Downloaded:  228 Time(s)

rajmane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: ACCEPTANCE CRITERIA OF CONCRETE Reply with quote

30 MARCH 2011

Dear Shri Mithilesh

To decide on acceptance of any test data, we must have information on standard deviation of the concrete being used. The following is suggested in the Code :

9.2.4.2 Assumed standard deviation<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Where sufficient test results for a particular grade of concrete are not available, the value of standard deviation given in Table 8 may be assumed for design of mix in the first instance. As soon as the results of samples are available, actual calculated standard deviation shall be used and the mix designed properly. However, when adequate past  records for a similar grade exist and justify to the designer a value of standard deviation different from that shown in Table 8, it shall be permissible to use that value

Let us remember that each concrete mix in IS:456-2000 is assumed statistically to have 'population' of strengths represented by 'Normal Distribution Curve' and the concrete strength characteristic is defined by two parameters - standard deviation and characteristic strength (indirectly the population mean strength). Without knowing standard deviation, acceptance criteria application would be incomplete for any test data!

With regards

N. P. Rajamane, Head, Centre for Advanced Concrete Research, SRM University, Tamil Nadu (Former Head, Advanced Materials Lab, CSIR-SERC) rajamanenp@yahoo.co.uk (rajamanenp@yahoo.co.uk), Mob:9840076821

--- On Wed, 30/3/11, mks <forum@sefindia.org> wrote:

Quote:

Subject: [SEFI] Re: ACCEPTANCE CRITERIA OF CONCRETE
To: general@sefindia.org
Date: Wednesday, 30 March, 2011, 2:17 AM

Respected Mallick Sir and Senior Seafians

I have attached here with the sample of calculation of Mean of the four non overlapping consecutive test results as per data considered by Mallick Sir

Comments of senior seafians is highly appreciated.

Regards

Mithilesh

P.K.Mallick wrote:      P.K.Mallick wrote:      P.K.Mallick wrote:      Arvind Jaiswal wrote:  Dear All,

P.K.Mallick wrote:
No response!!!

Arvind Jaiswal

Respected All
Warm Regards.

Respected All
Here is a request to everybody. Honestly speaking this issue has bothered me a lot.I was finding it difficult to implement the "Acceptance Criteria of IS:456-2000" IN THE CONSTRUCTION SITE. Partly, in fact, I was responsible for that as I was unable appreciate the relations and differences between specimen and sample. Mind sometimes does not work and for me it never works.
Warm Regards.

NO RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/color:5004e8913b]

Download Attachments:
Mean strength.xls

Posted via Email
thirumalaichettiar
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is true as stated by Dr.Rajmane we should know the standard deviation and it is good to refer IS Code,ACI and very good book on PROPERTIES OF CONCRETE BY ADAMNEVILLE for more guidance.

T.RangaRajan.
rajmane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: ACCEPTANCE CRITERIA OF CONCRETE Reply with quote

31 March 2011

Dear Sefians

What does exactly Shri Mithilesh want? What kind of comments? Are not the clauses clear? We can say that acceptance criteria of concrete as per IS 456 -2000 is based on the assumption that the concrete compressive strength population of any given concrete can be considered as a random vaiable which can be broadly represented by standard 'Normal Distribution' curve.

Thanking you all and with regards

Yours sincerely

N P Rajamane
Head, CACR, SRMU (Ex-SERC)
rajamanenp@yahoo.co.uk (rajamanenp@yahoo.co.uk)
Mob 9840076821

--- On Wed, 30/3/11, mks <forum@sefindia.org> wrote:

Quote:

Subject: [SEFI] Re: ACCEPTANCE CRITERIA OF CONCRETE
To: general@sefindia.org
Date: Wednesday, 30 March, 2011, 1:18 AM

Respected Mallick Sir & Senior Seafians

I have tried to write the acceptance criteria of concrete as per IS 456 -2000 which is attached here with.

comments of senior seafians is highly appreciated .

Regards

Mithilesh

P.K.Mallick wrote:      P.K.Mallick wrote:      P.K.Mallick wrote:      Arvind Jaiswal wrote:  Dear All,

P.K.Mallick wrote:
No response!!!

Arvind Jaiswal

Respected All
Warm Regards.

Respected All
Here is a request to everybody. Honestly speaking this issue has bothered me a lot.I was finding it difficult to implement the "Acceptance Criteria of IS:456-2000" IN THE CONSTRUCTION SITE. Partly, in fact, I was responsible for that as I was unable appreciate the relations and differences between specimen and sample. Mind sometimes does not work and for me it never works.
Warm Regards.

NO RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/color:a7155c5b37]

Download Attachments:
Acceptance Criteria.doc

Posted via Email
mks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: ACCEPTANCE CRITERIA OF CONCRETE Reply with quote

Respected Sri Rajmane Sir,

Thanks for  your response and comment.  I  do agree with you Sir, but as far as IS 456 – 2000 is concern, Table 11 (Clauses 16.1 and 16.3) says that – In the absence of established value of standard deviation , the value given in Table 8 may be assumed, and attempt should be made to obtain results of 30 samples as early as possible to establish the value of standard deviation.  

Sir, Actually I want to say that  how to calculate the Mean  of 4 Non –Overlapping  consecutive test results and come to conclusion that, the concrete represented by these test results will be accepted or not as per IS 456 – 2000.

Let us consider an example –

Grade of concrete is M20.

Suppose in a building project, there are 30 footing each having  6 cum concrete. And 5 footing has been casted per day. If we take  3 samples per day then total no of sample will be  18 Nos.

The analysis is given in attachment.

I request you for your comment in this regard.

Regards,

Mithilesh

[quote="rajmane"]31 March 2011

Dear Sefians

What does exactly Shri Mithilesh want? What kind of comments? Are not the clauses clear? We can say that acceptance criteria of concrete as per IS 456 -2000 is based on the assumption that the concrete compressive strength population of any given concrete can be considered as a random vaiable which can be broadly represented by standard 'Normal Distribution' curve.

Thanking you all and with regards

Yours sincerely

N P Rajamane
Head, CACR, SRMU (Ex-SERC)
rajamanenp@yahoo.co.uk (rajamanenp@yahoo.co.uk)
Mob 9840076821

Use online scanners
Mean_ strength.xls
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Mean_ strength.xls
 Filesize:  26 KB
 Downloaded:  313 Time(s)

mks

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: ACCEPTANCE CRITERIA OF CONCRETE Reply with quote

NO RESPONSE  ????????????

[quote="mks"]Respected Sri Rajmane Sir,

Thanks for  your response and comment.  I  do agree with you Sir, but as far as IS 456 – 2000 is concern, Table 11 (Clauses 16.1 and 16.3) says that – In the absence of established value of standard deviation , the value given in Table 8 may be assumed, and attempt should be made to obtain results of 30 samples as early as possible to establish the value of standard deviation.  

Sir, Actually I want to say that  how to calculate the Mean  of 4 Non –Overlapping  consecutive test results and come to conclusion that, the concrete represented by these test results will be accepted or not as per IS 456 – 2000.

Let us consider an example –

Grade of concrete is M20.

Suppose in a building project, there are 30 footing each having  6 cum concrete. And 5 footing has been casted per day. If we take  3 samples per day then total no of sample will be  18 Nos.

The analysis is given in attachment.

I request you for your comment in this regard.

Regards,

Mithilesh

[
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: